Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A true bard

So for me I would love to see someone make a bard that is genuine and badass. I feel everyone has missed the mark with bards I see a bard as a unmovable pillar of sond where your team fights around you while getting healed/buffed while doing consistant aoe damage. For me bards walk though the battlefields casting protection and strengthening the frontline. I would really like to see a company reinvent the bard you never hear of anyone liking bards even geralt hates his bard. Lol I do think it would be a perfect time to reintroduce a class that hasn't been any good since lotro.

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    FFXI did Bards Well, sadly they didn't repeat the magic with FFXIV
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    When I read you title I honest to god thought I was about to read a suggestion where we demand bards sing to use abilities
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What you describe is honestly the most boring gameplay imaginable. Play songs that passively buff your allies or do aoe damage while you sit there looking pretty with your instrument.

Yeah, not feeling it, sorry.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2020
    Well, there will be 8 bard classes. One of them has to be what you want ;)
    I myself aim to play a heavy armored, melee support Bard. Maybe a Trickster, Tellsword or Siren.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    for what i have seen in AoC talking about bard im prety sure they will not be like the clasical idea of bards, im prety sure they will focuz on buff but in a diferent way not just with music, they will have many tools and in my opinion it will be a class focused on arts like acting, singing, music and stuff so they will inspired other classes like in a moral term, im prety sure bards will be very heroic in theyr maner and style and yeah we will have 8 bards, and a lot of off bards classes too
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    The only strong Bard is the bowman of Laketown
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

But does he sing?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited March 2020
    Nagash wrote: »

But does he sing?

Exactly