Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Chronicles of Elyria has ceased development.

2»

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Tanerlorn wrote: »
    I wish another game had that system.
    A game with that design would result in players having a fairly strong reluctance to do anything that could result in death, which includes grouping up with players that you don't know, and running any even remotely hard content.

Personally, I think this approach would have led to one of the worst MMO's in terms of trying to go out and meet new players.
  • Options
    FerrymanFerryman Member
    edited March 2020
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    That was predictable. You know what else is predictable? When Ashes is out, every MMO will most likely lose the majority of its population and some of them shut down :)

I feel bad for other upcoming MMO projects that are actually good but won't be given a try because Ashes does everything better.

:D:D This was hilarious, you are joking right?
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Tanerlorn wrote: »
    Rabbit wrote: »
    As a game, COE lost me when they said Permadeath. I'm an old bastard, so it immediately triggered memories of Gauntlet and all the money I sank into that video game back in the day. Oh, you want to keep going? Feed me more quarters. You died? Pay me again to start over. Ugh.

As a company going under, I'm more sad for the investors, and employees who are now out of work. That completely sucks.

Actually the way they monetized the game was really interesting. You'd age in real time. You could die loads of times and your spirit would have to find it's way back to your body. This was easy when you were young. As you got older you would start to need help from a spirit guide. Eventually after about 1 - 2 months you would get too old or die too many times. And you would have to make a new character that was a descendant of your old one. With all their gear, stat buffs and what not. Priced at $5 - $10 per soul. It's basically a monthly fee that rewards smarter gameplay with more game time and punishes playing the game frivolously. I wish another game had that system.

SC has a limit on how many times a character can die, then they have to create a descendant to inherit from their dying main char.
  • Options
    I was a king in CoE so my community and I are feeling the pain right now, but we have decided the best way forward is in Ashes of Creation. We’re looking forward to working with and getting to know you all going forward!
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2020
    I was a king in CoE so my community and I are feeling the pain right now, but we have decided the best way forward is in Ashes of Creation. We’re looking forward to working with and getting to know you all going forward!

I welcome you my friend!
    Here are some things that you will have to expect:
    1. Nagash will try to either turn you and your companions into skelletons for his army, or he will eat your soul. Maybe both.
    2. Bards are of course the best class of them all. (Obviously)
    3. We are all rather controversial and like to argue over the smallest things.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »

I welcome you my friend!
    Here are some things that you will have to expect:
    1. Nagash will try to either turn you and your companions into skelletons for his army, or he will eat your soul. Maybe both.
    2. Bards are of course the best class of them all. (Obviously)
    3. We are ll rather controversial and like to wrgue over the smallest things.

you know me so well
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    As I'm sure you know, I disagree vehemently with this statement.

I believe we should wrgue over it!
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    noaani wrote: »
    As I'm sure you know, I disagree vehemently with this statement.

I believe we should wrgue over it!

OUR WRGUEMENTS SHALL BE... LEGENDARY!

daa.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    BellendBellend Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I kept my eye on this but never backed because I didn't think it would pan out.

I put about 2000$ into SC
    I still own the original wing commander game in box.
    I refunded a few years ago after i saw they were spending my money on restoration hardware furniture for their live streams....$10,000 desk? yeah mate....I'm not paying for your lifestyle.
    Very glad I did. I don't see it coming out in any shape close to what the original goals for it were. at least anytime soon.

I put 500$ directly into this game, and spent the rest on other stuff.(the other packages were all group or physical things, wasn't interested.)

Thus far im feeling pretty good about my kickstarter backings.
  • Options

You are still a king to your people. Anybody could have thrown the money in and became a king, but you acted the part and took care of your community.
    Amicus Mourchaux

Guardian of the Kingdom of Tyria.
  • Options
    If this all is true, oh man... :D

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bfiibVaEMeY
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?