[Website] The Ashes of Creation website will be down for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.

Estimated downtime is 4 hours. During this time, the shop and account login page will be inaccessible. We'll notify you upon completion.
Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Clarification points from today’s stream

StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
Greetings my glorious ashes community.

As I am human, I do make mistakes from time to time. So wanted to clarify a couple of design faux pas from today’s stream.

With regards to housing and citizenship.

It is being implemented for testing the way that was originally documented and will require housing ownership in a node before citizenship can be attained. A village will have 50 initial apartments, 8 cottages and ample space in the ZOI for freeholds. The mayor may additionally construct apartment buildings when the node hits stage 4 at one of the building plots in the node, along with cities gaining additional static housing and apartments by default as a normal part of the leveling process.

On the matter of the declaration flag/scroll for castle sieges.
Guild registration opens for the siege.

Once a guild registers for the siege a scroll creation quest is initiated that guild members may participate in, and it becomes possible to lay the declaration scroll down as soon as the quest is completed. Multiple guilds may register to attack and the first to complete the scroll and lay down the declaration may begin to have their members register to attack (there will be a cap) The siege scroll deployment is a 5 min cast that alerts the region at the cast initiation and names the caster that must be the guild leader.

Thank you, that is all ❤️

Comments

• AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As I am human
    And here I thought you were the mighty Sandal God.
    k2U15J3.png
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    @StevenSharif

I would like to be the first to say the process for ensuring accurate information is amazing.

You could easily preview all the questions in advance, but then we wouldn't get a chance to get spontaneous responses from you and Jeff. The fact you make mistakes proves you don't preview the questions and cherry pick out the ones you want to answer and avoid the ones you don't want to answer.

Sure, a couple mistakes, but you got notified of some issues, you immediately engaged on it. Nobody in the community can ask for more than that.

Now, take a weekend off and unplug your brain before it melts and comes out your ears.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thanks

Virtue is the only good.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited June 2020
    I hope your game becomes something that people will love and that it yields to you and your studio you, what you were hoping for when you set out to bring it to reality.

Great communication across all platforms
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wow, a developer that actually comes out and says they misspoke or made a mistake? This isn't supposed to happen!

Jokes aside, thanks for the clarification Steven, keep up the great work :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you for the clarifications Steven <3
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • Sweet good to know.

Buuuuut...

How the heck is one guild supposed to sack a metropolis? 😁

Will nodes be able to declare sieges as a part of the node war system?
  • WarthWarth Member
    edited August 2020
    Sweet good to know.

Buuuuut...

How the heck is one guild supposed to sack a metropolis? 😁

Will nodes be able to declare sieges as a part of the node war system?

He is talking about Castle Sieges here, Not Node Sieges.

Nodes do not declare Sieges on each other.
    The Siege on a Node is declared by a single person who crafted the Siege declaration.

No need to revive age old threads for things that's clearly explained on the Wiki:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Sieges

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Castle_sieges
  • @wrath oh duh. Good looking out.
    The context slipped mAh brain.