Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions regarding affiliation and flaggingsystem

Hi! You will have to excuse my language for I am writing on my phone and I am not a native English speaker. So reading the wiki on flagging I got a bit confused during the affiliation section. The wiki says that you cant flag or attack players in the same party, raid, guild or alliance. So here is my questions.
1: If I am a citizen of a node, can i attack or flag other citizens from the same node?
2: If i am a citizen of a node that is at war with a node that my guildmate is a citizen of, are we at war with eachother? How does the heiracrhy work?
3: If i am a citizen of a node and another fellow citizen launches a caravan, can i attack this caravan? If the caravan system is seperate from the flagging system, what stops citizens from the same node or guild to attack a friendly caravan?

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020
    1. I was under the impression you can't flag on citizens of the same Node. However, I can't find the reference I saw a few days ago, so I assume you can flag on citizens of the same node. Edit: I appreciate this approach because it means two Guilds in the same Node can have a Guild War.

2. Node allegiance comes before Guild Allegiance, though you can't flag against Guild Members, Siege situations are outside of the flagging system. In effect you could see Guild Members from the same Guild on Opposite sides in a Node War.

3. You could attack a Caravan from the same Node, but, word would spread. If you'd expect support from your Node you may lose that support if you attack Caravans from your Node. I'm not sure how this would relate to Guilds, it is possible Guilds can't attack Guild Caravans. Edit: Whether you would know a Caravan in a distant location is from your Node or not isn't clear at this time. You could be able to accidentally kill a Caravan from your own node.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    1. Yes

2. You cannot attack/flag members of your clan, alliance etc for obvious reasons.
    When a node declares war on another node all I remember Steven saying is that citizenship is a step above guild membership. This is because if your guild wants to attack a node, but you have a vested interest in that node - freehold, in node buildings, a lot of stored materials or you are the mayor, then you should be given the option to defend that node even against your own guild. So citizenship > guildship.

3. You can attack players no matter what node they are a citizen on. It doesn't make sense for you to be unable to attack citizens on your own node - criminals don't care if you live in the same city as they do. Caravans are rolling PvP zones and anyone can decide if they want to attack or defend the caravan or not participate entirely. Maybe guildmates won't be able to attack each others caravans but that will be one of the few exceptions.

Again, citizenship does not limit who you can attack in any way, so take it out of the equasion.
  • Options
    NitrpNitrp Member
    phdmonster wrote: »
    1. Yes

2. You cannot attack/flag members of your clan, alliance etc for obvious reasons.
    When a node declares war on another node all I remember Steven saying is that citizenship is a step above guild membership. This is because if your guild wants to attack a node, but you have a vested interest in that node - freehold, in node buildings, a lot of stored materials or you are the mayor, then you should be given the option to defend that node even against your own guild. So citizenship > guildship.

3. You can attack players no matter what node they are a citizen on. It doesn't make sense for you to be unable to attack citizens on your own node - criminals don't care if you live in the same city as they do. Caravans are rolling PvP zones and anyone can decide if they want to attack or defend the caravan or not participate entirely. Maybe guildmates won't be able to attack each others caravans but that will be one of the few exceptions.

Again, citizenship does not limit who you can attack in any way, so take it out of the equasion.

Thanks for the answer! Hmm I think i dont like that design choice of Boeing able to attack your own fellow citizens. I like the idea that there is some unifying force between citizens other than a chat and buffs.
    Also i can see a few exploits with this system. This means that a large guild of a node that i am a citizen of can just block my entry to my home by killing me of the corruption system is not punishing enough. Also this allows traitors to read citizen chat and able to know when caravans are launched and can then raid Said caravan.