Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

We need to provide some more feedback on multiboxing

WhiskizWhiskiz Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
There's still at least half of the front General Discussions page that isn't about multiboxing, so i feel we need to make some more threads and have 30 individual discussions about it to make sure we adequately cover the topic.

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    STOP!!!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We have trolls but where are the bridges?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Neurath wrote: »
    We have trolls but where are the bridges?

we burned them in the last forums
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    WhiskizWhiskiz Member
    edited July 2020
    To be real though multiboxing is never a good idea, you can try and control or balance it all you want (saying no script/macro, saying 1 account per PC etc) but it's hard to enforce and just an allround bad idea.

Seriously the only misstep i've seen them make so far and the only thing that's made me uneasy about their priorities.
  • Options
    JakobeJakobe Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    A concern I have with multiboxing is the potential issue it brings to PvP players. It's common for rogue classes to venture out and PvP solo. Having a second account gives the convenience of setting up a "buff bot" that you could place in a safe zone and sustain an advantage over other solo non-multiboxing players. A great example is the solo PvPing/buff botting that would happen in DAoC. Open to hearing out solutions.
  • Options
    Oh come on this was a joke thread!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    no u
  • Options
    Jakobe wrote: »
    A concern I have with multiboxing is the potential issue it brings to PvP players. It's common for rogue classes to venture out and PvP solo. Having a second account gives the convenience of setting up a "buff bot" that you could place in a safe zone and sustain an advantage over other solo non-multiboxing players. A great example is the solo PvPing/buff botting that would happen in DAoC. Open to hearing out solutions.

I mean, how about the solutions DAoC Classic implemented? Range limit on buffs. Either that or go the WoW way with time limits.