Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Starting areas?

Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I know there will be portals at the start and you get to choose where you go, but have they said anything about knowing what land type you are going to? I ask this because there will be a fog of war on the world map.
I.e. I dont want to be near the sea, what is in place to make sure I end up near mountains or some other place I want to be?
Anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The world map is out now with the portals marked
  • Options
    SamsonSamson Member
    edited July 2020
    Here is the world map. The four starting areas are marked as white dots with a ring around them:

Here is a link to the AoC wiki for a better view and more information: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/File:map2.jpg

map2.jpg
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    Samson wrote: »
    Here is the world map. The four starting areas are marked as white dots with a ring around them:

Here is a link to the AoC wiki for a better view and more information: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/File:map2.jpg

map2.jpg

Its like a game of wheres waldo
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'll be on the Eastern content with my guild holding down the far south or the middle east snow area. Looking forward to growing there : )
  • Options
    I dont know yet, but I have a map of several places I might want to be on.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    There are 4 starting zones with 8 starting nodes. One for each race.

Top left is the dwarven divine gateway, with two nodes established in the beach arrea and one in a mountainous area.

Bottom left in the green plains at the sea is the human divine gateway, with nodes in the plains and one in the desert.

Top right is the orc divine gateway with nodes in the swamps and in the tundra.

The last divine gateway is in the bottom right for the elves and its nodes are in what I call the summer forrest and the wild forrest.

Dont forget: Any race can start in any divine gateway. The nodes will most likely be stage 1 and have the initial appearance of the corresponding race (mountain dwarf aesthetic in the mountain dwarf node etc)

I really want my guild to start in the top right beach node because it looks aesthetically pleasing to me^^
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Samson wrote: »

map2.jpg

Its like a game of wheres waldo

HAHAHAAH yea my thoughts exactly.

Btw guys keep in mind that they said that depending on the player choices the starting zones will move

If I heard correctly.
  • Options
    Can I choose to be dropped somewhere randomly in the world?
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png