Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Kickstarter pledge

EvyxEvyx Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Hello there, I was looking to pledge on kickstarter but couldn't find the button to. There are particular perks I desperately want from the kickstarter packages that aren't offered in the shop (the 2 days head start as an example is something I DESPERATELY want.)

How may I do this? Am I just missing something? I've never done anything on kickstarter prior to this so I'm pretty in the dark.

Comments

• Options
    BeekeeperBeekeeper Member
    edited August 2020
    The kickstarter has ended a long time ago. You won't be able to pledge anymore. You can preorder though, on the ashes website shop.
  • Options
    Beekeeper wrote: »
    The kickstarter has ended a long time ago. You won't be able to pledge anymore. You can preorder though, on the ashes website shop.

WHAT D=

Noooooo. I am thankful you've informed me but oh my gosh that is a massive bummer ;~;

The 2 days head start to me alone is worth the money to me.

Do they have any plans to add these more expensive plans to the shop? I'm seriously ready to lay out the money and support the game for these perks.
  • Options
    I don't know, I've never looked that deeply into it. Hopefully someone else does.
  • Options
    JubilumJubilum Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Maybe, but I kind of doubt it. If he does he is going to piss off alot of people who put the money down 3 years ago with the promise that these perks would never be available again.
  • Options
    WiplasherWiplasher Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty
    Cole Evyx wrote: »

WHAT D=

Noooooo. I am thankful you've informed me but oh my gosh that is a massive bummer ;~;

Do they have any plans to add these more expensive plans to the shop? I'm seriously ready to lay out the money and support the game for these perks.

So the simple answer is no. But it gets more complex.

The head start was not labeled a kickstarter exclusive so they could bring that back technically. I will say the head start is going to have a level cap and nodes will not be active to collect xp to advance. Frankly at this point I wouldn't care if they didn't have the head start because I like being on a level playing field with veterans and noobs alike.
  • Options
    DoomienDoomien Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The Kickstarter ended over 2 years ago. :)
  • Options
    I don't know, I've never looked that deeply into it. Hopefully someone else does.

Fingers crossed!
    wiplasher4 wrote: »

So the simple answer is no. But it gets more complex.

The head start was not labeled a kickstarter exclusive so they could bring that back technically. I will say the head start is going to have a level cap and nodes will not be active to collect xp to advance. Frankly at this point I wouldn't care if they didn't have the head start because I like being on a level playing field with veterans and noobs alike.

Well I think that would be absolutely great if they gave us this. I honestly know we're still a long ways away from the release and I already feel like I'm too late ^_^;; ....

It ... doesn't feel good :c
    Doomien wrote: »
    The Kickstarter ended over 2 years ago. :)

Rip :(
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The head start is more to get log ins spread out and get some players to leave the starting zone before launch. this way you don't have 10k players all trying to log in at the same time in the same zone. The amount of progress people will be able to make killing level 1 mobs for 2 days wont be much
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    wiplasher4 wrote: »
    The head start was not labeled a kickstarter exclusive
    It is even more complicated than this.

The headstart wasn't labeled kickstarter exclusive on the kickstarter page, but at the time was stated to be an exclusive.

I'd be surprised to see this offered up for sale again, to be honest.

Not that it really matters, there are only going to be three servers open for those two days, and the node system will be turned off.
  • Options
    darthaden wrote: »
    The head start is more to get log ins spread out and get some players to leave the starting zone before launch. this way you don't have 10k players all trying to log in at the same time in the same zone. The amount of progress people will be able to make killing level 1 mobs for 2 days wont be much

I want to say that makes me feel a bit better but sadly it does not :(

I am really bummed that I'm legit going to become the squidward meme as everyone else gets to play and explore...

Screen_Shot_2017-11-10_at_10.36.15_AM.jpg
  • Options
    SamsonSamson Member
    edited August 2020

I want to say that makes me feel a bit better but sadly it does not :(

I am really bummed that I'm legit going to become the squidward meme as everyone else gets to play and explore...

Screen_Shot_2017-11-10_at_10.36.15_AM.jpg

The "everyone else" that you are referring to is a really small number compared to the amount that will be waiting along with you. Do not worry, friend. :)
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Well since it is only for 3 of the servers it will not function for this purpose.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

WHAT D=

Yes lots of us are mad that they sold headstart and then ended headstart when most people had not even heard of the game yet. Still pre alpha and being told sorry you are too late for X Y Z and any of these 100 skins is geting old.
  • Options
    Samson wrote: »
    The "everyone else" that you are referring to is a really small number compared to the amount that will be waiting along with you. Do not worry, friend. :)

Oh I see :( still I just feel a little sad. Even if it's only a few people it just makes me feel like I'm lesser ;~; I'll be sitting those days watching their streams and content rather than just enjoying it :c

I just know my excitement level for this game is so so high that I'll be literally dying of jealousy wishing I was playing too ;~;

Aardvark wrote: »
    Yes lots of us are mad that they sold headstart and then ended headstart when most people had not even heard of the game yet. Still pre alpha and being told sorry you are too late for X Y Z and any of these 100 skins is geting old.

Yeah... :( I think I had heard of this game years ago but I wasn't financially stable (was still in university finishing up my degree) and so I simply did what I had to do and moved on. Now I'm being made aware again of it since it's in alpha phases right now I just feel really sad :c

Would happily spend the money, that's not the problem. If they made the $500 USD option avaliable in the store please believe me I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. But since it's not there I am kinda in a bad place ;~;
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah... :( I think I had heard of this game years ago but I wasn't financially stable (was still in university finishing up my degree) and so I simply did what I had to do and moved on. Now I'm being made aware again of it since it's in alpha phases right now I just feel really sad :c

Would happily spend the money, that's not the problem. If they made the $500 USD option avaliable in the store please believe me I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. But since it's not there I am kinda in a bad place ;~;

Be patient mate, we need to see how Alpha 1 unfolds, if Alpha 1 is successful and the Devs want to push the limits and gain more testers, Alpha 1 will reopen for purchase.

Keep the faith!
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »

Be patient mate, we need to see how Alpha 1 unfolds, if Alpha 1 is successful and the Devs want to push the limits and gain more testers, Alpha 1 will reopen for purchase.

Keep the faith!

OMG HAS THIS BEEN CONFIRMED? THIS IS GREAT NEWS O_O

:D There is hope!!
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The fact that A1 sales MAY be opened again is confirmed. A1 sales opening up again is NOT confirmed.

@StevenSharif has said that depending on how the A1 testing goes, they MAY open up A1 sales again if they feel that the game can handle more concurrent characters.

Even with that, don't expect to hear any definitive answer until next 2021.
  • Options
    KohlKohl Member
    What about the persistent alpha? Aren't the servers going to be up until right before launch?
    They said they might wipe, they might not wipe the data. Or was I informed wrong?
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They will wipe the Alpha (1 and 2) data many times and then a final full wipe before launch.
  • Options
    I know the feeling alright? I'd easily grab 2 pledges of $500 but I totally understand that they're limited, plus it's over.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    All I can say is I'm happy I got life time sub
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    I hope they keep it exclusive.
    I don't have early access, but would suck for those who backed them all those years ago, let them have this.
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    BondBond Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    They never promised to not offer this again; it was suspended due to population limits.

If/when ~10,000 players in the Alpha 1 environment becomes tolerable and/or insufficient for maximum testing benefit, I would support them opening it back up.

They are fully entitled to do so without breaking any promises. It could very well make the game better for all of us, at no cost except to the pride of some.
  • Options
    Bond wrote: »
    They never promised to not offer this again; it was suspended due to population limits.

If/when ~10,000 players in the Alpha 1 environment becomes tolerable and/or insufficient for maximum testing benefit, I would support them opening it back up.

They are fully entitled to do so without breaking any promises. It could very well make the game better for all of us, at no cost except to the pride of some.

Well I can tell you that this would be a huge perk to me. Honestly we're still so far from launch and I realize there is a lot of hype because of alpha and that but that's still at LEAST a year away before we have launch. And that is putting a lot of pressure on the dev team that I don't think is fair or warranted.

But my point is like even though I'm so early I ALREADY feel too late to the party... that's a major freaking bummer :(
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    How does that work, you’re not even alive.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    PeggysuegotParriedPeggysuegotParried Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ya wish I had a lifetime Sub, but I missed the boat so I'm SOL lol
  • Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Cole Evyx you're not late to the party. Yes you missed out on a bunch of exclusives but this is your fist trial on the "AOC Wait Train". With covid and Alpha population caps there is a bit of a pause but no company wanting money is going to close this off. I'm a kickstarter backer and the only thing i feel entitled too is the Character name reservation. Aside from that you and a bunch of more people should get your chance to get in early. The backers have already went through all stages of grief and are at "acceptance" that we still have some time. Pull up a seat, check back every once in a while, and you're time will fly by (not for the first few months...that will go by slow...real slow...#neverForget)
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »

When you are an Ancient Lich, able to destroy the world with little effort, they tend to give you things just to keep you happy.
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Atama wrote: »

When you are an Ancient Lich, able to destroy the world with little effort, they tend to give you things just to keep you happy.

Didn’t you watch lost girl? Succubus kills ancient lich every time