Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Suggestion] Add Suggestion Category

As the title says right now everyone is flooding the general Discussion with both Suggestions and discussions.
It would be nice to have a separate part of the forum solely dedicated to Suggestion so that all the good ideas don't go noticed by the sheer mass of new posts in the discussion forum.
53ap2sc6pdgv.gif

Comments

• Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Where I do agree we need a few more Categories I'd like to point out that this flood will die down soon and this will be a thing of the past. every 6 months or so a flood of people comes to the form to simply ask for things or give their "ideal" solution and then just peaces out. The General Discussion has always been more of a theory crafting playground for users. The difficulty with this category you're suggestion is that the game is not out yet. There are no solid features to really grow from. So in all actuality all suggestions are simply theory crafting.

There are plenty of categories that could break out of GD but the will all have their own suggestions:
    • PVP
    • Dungeons
    • Classes

There is enough content now that GD could go back to being a simply tavern talk and each category people could go to for more in depth conversations. As @Nagash said recently "welcome to the [forum] the devs forgot about"
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    Agree so while we are at it.

- Proffesions with a sub forum for every profession. Same for Classes
    -PVE with sub forums for open world and dungens
    - PVP with sub forums for Open world, castle siege, node war and Guild war.
    - New player help where veterans post Guides

there are probably a lot more to consider.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited August 2020
    Xenotor wrote: »

You are getting way too carried away atm with sections and sub-sections. I agree that general new sections would help but to sub-section everything before we have a single detail would not be the best idea imho.

And I just posted this very suggestion over on the support forum not an hour ago ;)
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    PlagueMonk wrote: »

You are getting way too carried away atm with sections and sub-sections. I agree that general new sections would help but to sub-section everything before we have a single detail would not be the best idea imho.

And I just posted this very suggestion over on the support forum not an hour ago ;)

i didn't even check the support forum as it should be for technical or account support only rather then suggestions but you pointed that out yourself.

As for getting carried away. Yes i agree but i like to get things right on the first try and have everything orderly rather then adding sub forums only when it gets crowded. But that might be the German in me. :D

From personal experience if you create sub forums that are not needed now, they may sit empty for quit a while but people will start to use them as we get closer to release so there is really no downside to have them.
    At least as long its easy to see if a sub forum has new posts.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There’s no point in sub-sections for stuff we know nothing about. I assume that when more people are in the game and can talk about it, we will have a use for them. Otherwise we’ll have thread in the Bard forum like:

“What do Bards do in Ashes?”

“I dunno.”

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Good luck getting any updates for the forums
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

If the Devs cant even make a single Suggestion category that every other game forum has, then that tells me a lot of how important the community really is to them.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    I think they read the forums anyway though. They kind of already use the discord for that.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options

As for getting carried away. Yes i agree but i like to get things right on the first try and have everything orderly rather then adding sub forums only when it gets crowded. But that might be the German in me. :D

From personal experience if you create sub forums that are not needed now, they may sit empty for quit a while but people will start to use them as we get closer to release so there is really no downside to have them.
    At least as long its easy to see if a sub forum has new posts.

Well the silly thing is they DID have a good number of categories and sub forums 2-3 years ago on the old forums. Not sure why they condensed it so much when they migrated over.

We also lost a lot of things like the ability to make in forum polls and each person had their own personal posting page so people could come visit.

isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    XenotorXenotor Member
    edited August 2020
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    I think they read the forums anyway though. They kind of already use the discord for that.

Didn't they say in the last Video that we should post suggestions on the forum?
    Suggestion on discord are a nightmare. Rend did it on discord and it never worked well.
    Even if you make a dedicated channel on discord for suggestion and one for suggestion discussion. It gets crowded so fast that you loose oversight extremely fast.
    In a forum at least you can have a discussion under each suggestion.

If you have a suggestion category you have all suggestion with 1 click.
    No chance of them going under the normal discussions.

I know the forum is not that well used normal and has a temporary high thanks to the youtubers,
    but what happens when once more people come to the forum on a permanent basis?

If they implement the Suggestion category late, then all these that were posted into the General discussion go under the rug or some poor moderators have to spend a lot of time to move the old suggestions into the new suggestion sub forum.
    I think its better if they do it now and spare everyone in the future their time.

53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    YuyukoyayYuyukoyay Member
    edited August 2020
    What I mean is that there isn't really a point to having a suggestion category when they use the entirety of the forums that way to begin with.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

If the Devs cant even make a single Suggestion category that every other game forum has, then that tells me a lot of how important the community really is to them.

The community means a lot to them its just the forums are not really used. a month ago you would get maybe 6 or 7 posts a day now we have between 40 and 50 posts a day.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We should have a Memes category Probably

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    tugowar wrote: »
    We should have a Memes category Probably

If we did Cambiguous would never leave
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    FYI....I actually got a reply on my support post from Lieutenant Toast....

"As we move towards future testing and you all start to get your hands on things directly such as classes, crafting, etc., we'll be setting up forum categories to help match those so that you can provide feedback for our team and discuss further!"

So I guess they already have it all planned, we just don't know when they will roll out the additional sections.
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    I couldn't help but chuckle at the title.
    (I have no contribution. Just wanted to say that. LOL)
    "Don't be hasty."
  • Options
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    FYI....I actually got a reply on my support post from Lieutenant Toast....

"As we move towards future testing and you all start to get your hands on things directly such as classes, crafting, etc., we'll be setting up forum categories to help match those so that you can provide feedback for our team and discuss further!"

So I guess they already have it all planned, we just don't know when they will roll out the additional sections.

thanks for the info
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif