Has Intrepid considered a physical collectors edition box for us box collectors?

daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member
edited August 3 in General Discussion
Far fetched, with the overhead costs involved, but figured I'd ask. I'm a big fan of game boxes and still have my original Vanilla WoW box. Unfortunately not collectors edition.

Comments

• NeurathNeurath Member
    There won't be any boxes. I'm a purchase of Collectors Editions too. I would be happier if they allow Lifetime Subscriptions in the new Alpha 1 Package if the Alpha 1 Package does materialise. The game is digital only.
  • Neurath wrote: »
    There won't be any boxes. I'm a purchase of Collectors Editions too. I would be happier if they allow Lifetime Subscriptions in the new Alpha 1 Package if the Alpha 1 Package does materialise. The game is digital only.

Yeah ive been told they are distributing digitally, but I don't think it's unprecedented for a game to still sell limited box copies for collectors. Was worth asking I think
  • NeurathNeurath Member
    edited August 3
    Yeah, I've expressed the desire before mate. I'm like you lol.

I would expect fair transactions from IS though, I've already paid close to the $400 dollar Alpha 1 Packs for Alpha 2. Then would have to upgrade again for Alpha 1. I have no concerns. IS make excellent progress and are worth the investment.
  • tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty
    Neurath wrote: »

I would expect fair transactions from IS though, I've already paid close to the $400 dollar Alpha 1 Packs for Alpha 2. Then would have to upgrade again for Alpha 1. I have no concerns. IS make excellent progress and are worth the investment.

Patience is a virtue, just wait...

Money is hard to earn, but easy to spend.

In contradiction to everything I have said, I’d love a box edition too.
    Hugs and tugs,
    -tugowar

PS forum extension for QoL improvements
  • zklzkl Member
    tugowar wrote: »
    Neurath wrote: »

Patience is a virtue, just wait...

Money is hard to earn, but easy to spend.

In contradiction to everything I have said, I’d love a box edition too.

No, no, no... you got the wrong quote my friend.

"Patience is bitter, but the fruit is sweeet" :wink:
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    There’s no box at all so there isn’t going to be a potential for a collector’s box. Ashes is entirely subscription based
  • StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix
    I have personally considered a limited edition hand painted Phoenix model, with a concept art book autographed by the team as part of a collectors launch package. I cannot promise this, but if I find the right company to create the quality of product I would want it may become a thing. No promises though.
  • daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member
    edited August 4
    I have personally considered a limited edition hand painted Phoenix model, with a concept art book autographed by the team as part of a collectors launch package. I cannot promise this, but if I find the right company to create the quality of product I would want it may become a thing. No promises though.

That sounds pretty sweet man. I'm sure many of us would be all for it! I'd be the one spamming refresh on the preorder page. hah! Thank you for commenting.
  • JexzJexz Member
    I wish I had world maps of all the mmo's I have played over the years.
  • I would pay for a collectors edition for sure.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.” - Patrick Rothfuss
  • LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix
    CompassionateLateHorseshoebat-small.gif
  • cosmicthundercosmicthunder Member, Braver of Worlds
    edited August 4
    I would totally buy a CE box. I've already spent a crazy level of money already on this game so what's a little more, right?