Gauging Interest/Support for...

Beck AltarrBeck Altarr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Greetings Fellow Adventurers.

I am wondering what you think about a Quasi In characters/themed online radio that would follow the lore/story of the game via the "hosts" and content. It would play music (though not licensed music unless there is support to help cover those costs) and have in character/story themed commercials as well as supporting community projects like Ashes101, Wiki and even guilds could promote themselves with commercials.

It would be open to community support and involvement to help provide ideas and content and even staff positions. Being a community project it's all volunteer, but there may be some perks as time goes on.

I've done this before with great success in a game called Defiance as K-TAM Radio for just over 5 years. We were basically doing radio dramas on a weekly basis. It was a lot of fun and people really got interested and it lead to also having live developer interviews about the game.

I have many years of experience with online radio and it's a personal hobby that I really enjoy.

Is this something you might be interested in listening to/participating with?

I'm working out some lore friendly solutions to how you have a "radio" in a magic/fantasy game and I think what I have in mind would work to satisfy the RP'ers and others. Though With the game still in Pre-launch, to start I would look at starting it from the perspective of the day to day of Sanctum before the portals opened and having a story line that would lead up to launch and the portals awakening after thousands (if not tens of thousands) of years, so long in fact, Verra to some is like a Religious faith and to others a myth and story told to children. The Portals are now seen as nothing but natural earth formations or created by some ancient cult... like Stonehenge, no one really knows.

I hope this peeks your interest. This isn't something I can do for free as servers cost something, I'm willing to invest in it for the community and to share great stories and information about the game.

Thanks for reading!

phoenix.png
Alpha/Beta Tester of Many Games - Station Manger of PhoenixRadio.Online an AoC & Gamer themed online Radio. Tune In Here
Love a good story and lore.
Twitch Streamer : PRO Discord

Comments

• This sounds really interesting.
    I'd love to have some sort of "newspaper" about my server though. Considering the world will be huge, knowing stuff about what's happening on the other side would be super cool.
    For example a new node raises and people get to know that X region has this new under the rule of certain player. I understand it would be hard to do for every server, but maybe a mention about ongoing wars.
    I assume you would do this for your own server, and that'd be awesome then.

News, new taverns opened, famous crafters that are joining X node and stuff like that!
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    Nice click bait title lol, but as to your idea it's sounds pretty cool to be honest. I'd say the biggest thing that would get me coming back is the status of nodes across each server. Since this games node structure SHOULD make every server completely different it would be fun to hear stories, battles, node shifts, and the like on not just my main server but others as well.

Edit:

I'm a developer IRL and would invest my time and resources (hosting and such) if the need were there.
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Beck AltarrBeck Altarr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    BlackBrony wrote: »
    This sounds really interesting.
    I'd love to have some sort of "newspaper" about my server though. Considering the world will be huge, knowing stuff about what's happening on the other side would be super cool.
    For example a new node raises and people get to know that X region has this new under the rule of certain player. I understand it would be hard to do for every server, but maybe a mention about ongoing wars.
    I assume you would do this for your own server, and that'd be awesome then.

News, new taverns opened, famous crafters that are joining X node and stuff like that!

I would likely try and tell a story based on an imaginary server as far as the in character stuff goes. It would take inspiration from the server I would be on, but also what we know of other servers so it would be more entertainment for more people than just one server.

I'd be interested in having people from different servers submit major news, like when a siege is dropped on a Metro or Castle and then make that part of a news like broadcast that would play a few times a day.

It would be a blend of In Character, Game Related Events News and some Out of Character community talk shows.
    phoenix.png
    Alpha/Beta Tester of Many Games - Station Manger of PhoenixRadio.Online an AoC & Gamer themed online Radio. Tune In Here
    mrwaffles wrote: »
    Nice click bait title lol, but as to your idea it's sounds pretty cool to be honest. I'd say the biggest thing that would get me coming back is the status of nodes across each server. Since this games node structure SHOULD make every server completely different it would be fun to hear stories, battles, node shifts, and the like on not just my main server but others as well.

Edit:

I'm a developer IRL and would invest my time and resources (hosting and such) if the need were there.

If there was an API (hint hint) where a website could be updated with major shifts in power it would be a huge help with that. It also depends on how many servers there are. I wouldn't want to cover more than a few server updates per day/cycle or those who are heading the news room would get no play time at all.

I'm working on some name ideas and I have web hosting and radio server hosting already. I'm working on something for when I stream which will ideally serve as a demo/base for something much bigger. If not, it'll be something me and a few friends can use as our stream backing that wont trigger the copy protection or mute Video on Demands. Hopefully...
    phoenix.png
  • KoreKodeKoreKode Member
    edited August 2020
    I my self was A part of assisting in the Creation/running of K-TAM Radio back in the Defiance day's and it was a blast! it was an awesome way to get involved in the game in a unique way and meet new people and grow as a clan/guild. I went by Shiftt87 back in those day's

There was so much opportunity to make new friends and add different types of Entertainment to the game, within and without the game but still sticking to the lore and story of it all. I'll again be doing my best to Assist Beck Altarr in this venture and hope to see lots of AoC fans join in!

Any questions and Idea's are welcome and please join the Discord where we talk lots about AoC at the moment and probably for the foreseeable future
    I have a name picked out. Now it's just a matter of seeing if this is something the community would support.
    phoenix.png
  • @Beck Altarr

Maybe not a radio, but I would definitely like having a newspaper sort of thing in the game that recaps about the events that happened the day before.
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    @Beck Altarr

Maybe not a radio, but I would definitely like having a newspaper sort of thing in the game that recaps about the events that happened the day before.

That's not something that could be player/community driven.
    phoenix.png
  • this could be really fun!

This is our goal, To make this a fun communtiy engaged and possibly Dev engaged idea.

Lots of opportunity for fellow AoC fans to get involved and make it great!
  • Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Something I would like to see is historians record the history of each server and to create a unique lore/history to inspire new people that populate the servers.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
    Phoenix Radio Online is in testing/building phase. Check it out and give us some feed back and suggestions. Like what kind of music would you like to hear?
    phoenix.png