Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Shapeshifter Archtype

HansrutgerHansrutger Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
"Summoners can shift their roles easily to fill gaps in a group's composition." from https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Summoner

Will this archtype be able to "shift" into the things it summons, acting as a "druid" of some sort if you want a WoW parallel?

Comments

• Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Nope. They're referring to the type of summons here. Summoners will be able to use dps, tank and some kind of buff/heal summon. So they'll be able to fill gaps in compositions as a "jack of all trades but master of none" kinda class.

As for shapeshifting, that will most likely be the ability of another class(es).

EDIT: Shapeshifting WILL NOT exist in AoC.
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    Nope. They're referring to the type of summons here. Summoners will be able to use dps, tank and some kind of buff/heal summon. So they'll be able to fill gaps in compositions as a "jack of all trades but master of none" kinda class.

As for shapeshifting, that will most likely be the ability of another class(es).

Uuu which one? Mix of a mage and cleric?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Redacted
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    There is no shapeshifting in Ashes, you can't play a Druid like in WoW.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Ya Shapeshifting is almost always tied to the druid class and this game doesn't have them.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    They would have to implement that as a new class, which I would like in a later expansion.

Druid Main Class
    Special Ability: One with Nature - Cant be tracked for 15sec after activation

Druid/Fighter - Strider
    Druid/Tank - Bearkin
    Druid/Rogue - Root Rotter
    Druid/Ranger - Forrestwalker
    Druid/Mage - Hermit
    Druid/Summoner - Entcaller
    Druid/Bard - Windwhisperer
    Druid/Cleric - Treekin
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    LfmrLfmr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would love to see a shapeshifting class of some sort in Ashes, but there is none that I know of. Would be amazing if Warrior / Cleric or Rogue / Cleric could shapeshift into angel / demon creatures, only the problem with classes like this is that they are very one dimensional generally. (Just kite them out until they shift back.)
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Redacted
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Talents wrote: »
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    Ya Shapeshifting is almost always tied to the druid class and this game doesn't have them.

We don't know for sure if any of the classes have shape-shifting abilities or not. You don't have to be a druid to shapeshift. Magic can do it too.
    Yes we do? Steven and the team have stated multiple times that there is no shapeshifting.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The only shapeshifting is with monster coins
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »

We don't know for sure if any of the classes have shape-shifting abilities or not. You don't have to be a druid to shapeshift. Magic can do it too.
    Yes we do? Steven and the team have stated multiple times that there is no shapeshifting.

Oh really? Damn ok, I'll edit my post then.
  • Options
    Ye I'm not suggesting to add it, since there's 64 classes, just asked if there's any class that will have that but if it's confirmed that it won't happen I guess that's that for the launch at least.

Not that I don't believe you @Talents but do you know in which interview they said it? If you don't remember (which is understandable) do you know approximately at least?