Group Flying mount

TheHowardXTheHowardX Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
So i have seen talk in some videos about group mounts being a thing and also have seen many times where they say that flying mounts will be rare(like 20 people in a server).So my question is will they have a flying group mount where one of the royals can fly a group of people somewhere?

Comments

• No. Asmongold asked this question in his interview. Steven said that officers will have mounts during guild sieges. He didn't say anything about them being group mounts.
  • Like on that thing from Never Ending Story?
    Haven't seen anything like that.
    Though with Steven sliding down the back of his Dragon on the 90minute Alpha 1 vid, it proves there is room for 2 I guess. Not that that was intentional.
  • Group flying mounts taking away from the prestige and uniqueness of flying mounts in the first place. So I hope the answer is no and I do not want.
  • YuyukoyayYuyukoyay Member
    edited August 2020
    I did hear something about a certain type of mount being a group flying mount. I do not know to what degree or if it's anything like the tanks from Unreal Tournament. I don't remember it was just an idea either, but it probably was.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • I agree, group flying mounts could be cool, but I feel like it takes away from the whole experience of getting one in the first place. I think a giant flying whale type creature as a mode of transportation across continents could be cool, or maybe a steam punk expansion with airships, but then that kind of goes against how they don't really want fast travel so who knows.
  • That idea would kill :

- The design choice that groups have to move on ground to an area and not always be teleported/fly there
    - Would make guilds/structured groups with power and renown even more powerful vs random plebs with no ability to fly, since it's limited access

Might aswell add fly mounts for everybody, which killed the sense of adventure and danger in WoW
  • Yes exactly, which is why even though it would be cool, I highly doubt it will happen
  • ServNiQ wrote: »
    I agree, group flying mounts could be cool, but I feel like it takes away from the whole experience of getting one in the first place. I think a giant flying whale type creature as a mode of transportation across continents could be cool, or maybe a steam punk expansion with airships, but then that kind of goes against how they don't really want fast travel so who knows.

The airships idea is a thing already, if there are at least two sci metropolis they will be connected through airships, but idk if it will work as a TP or more like a true transport taking few minutes depending on the distance (I guess it will be the latter).
  • TheHowardXTheHowardX Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    thanks for all the response! i can see both sides of the coin here i just personally feel that because the flying mounts are going to be such a rare thing that maybe just having like 1-3 types of group flying mounts. It could work like a caravan that carries people instead of items but can be attacked on the way. Maybe have one be slower but more health or faster with less health. Even adding a limit of just 8 people on it to go with the max party size would make me very happy and also could stop the zergs of the world. I feel that the fact that they said servers will be 10000(?) people and the only way to be a royal will be controlling one of the 5 guild castles or being mayor of one of the 5 metropolis cities and rare drops from legendary mobs will already make the amount of flying people very very rare which is why i feel this mount wouldn't be broken.