Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Voyager Plus Packs Costings in Australia :(

SendbackupSendbackup Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
For those of us that live in Australia, some of us may need to take out a second mortgage if you want a Voyager Plus pack!

Currently with exchange rates whey're looking at $518

So if you live in the United States be grateful that your pack is only $375.

But if you're like me, you will look at that as a great investment given the 9 months of free game time you're acquiring.

Comments

• Options
    I fully get where your coming from, especially since as Australian players. We also can't really participate in the alphas and betas to the best extent of them. But we don't have it nearly as bad as other poorer countries. personally I brought a voyager package because I wanted to support the game and be able to 'drop in and see points of development, also some of the cosmetics are dope :wink: I think they should make a reduced cost pack that doesn't include alpha/beta access but does allow buying of the monthly cosmetics.
  • Options
    WarthWarth Member
    edited August 2020
    You could be getting the $ 250 pack instead. It also provides you with alpha access and it would just cost you ~ 340$ in the end.

Effectively you pay just USD 60 for access + the cosmetics.

The Access throughout alpha 2 (which is persistent) would easily cost more than USD 60 if you had to pay sub for the duration of the Alpha.
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That is the same issue as a lot of countries. Personally, I hate paying US$ prices due to the conversion. But this game is worth it to me.
    If it is worth it to you, it is worth it. If not, then it isn't. They will make the game anyways, and since there is no box cost, just have to pony up the sub each month.
  • Options
    Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yea the pack I bought cost me significantly more. It took me a while to get the money. I started saving arround the time apocalypse went up.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2020
    I think these posts come from a couple of trolls. It's always somebody claiming to be from Australia that complains about prices.

I have never seen any other country complain (except for some latin america fellows talking about the subscription costs in a developing country).
  • Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There is nothing in the packs that merits you struggling to get them.

Some people seem to think that the alphas and betas are some sort of early access and they will be playing the game sooner if they buy them.

That belief is false. The game has no early access.

What you will be playing during the different testing phases is not the game you want to play, it's an unfinished, unpolished, unoptimized version of it, that very likely won't even have the features you want to enjoy until release. Or perhaps betas.

Point is, if the packs are even the slightest bit expensive to you. You stand to gain nothing from getting them. So don't get them.

PD: I use the real definition of expensive which is different from costly. Expensive meaning something being priced above perceived value (not worth it). and costly being something priced highly, but perceived to be worth it.
    2PXdm1m
  • Options
    I think these posts come from a couple of trolls. It's always somebody claiming to be from Australia that complains about prices.

I have never seen any other country complain (except for some latin america fellows talking about the subscription costs in a developing country).

Maybe you need to look at the WORLD around you a little more and see that things are very different in other countries.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

So I'm British and even I know how bad the prices are in the land of Oz
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2020
    Sendbackup wrote: »

Maybe you need to look at the WORLD around you a little more and see that things are very different in other countries.

What other countries mate? I live in Sydney. Australia is #5 high at living standards. What are you whinging about? If you believe that you have to take out a second mortgage what do eastern euro/balkan sea african middle east latin america countries are supposed to do? Feel like the support packs are worth their organs?

Maybe you need to take a look around the world and wake up to yourself.