Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Plate wearers with hooded cloak option?

KoreKodeKoreKode Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
I think giving heavy armor/plate wearing classes the option to have a hooked cloak would be pretty cool if not for any other reason other then just another option to make your character and class more unique to you.

What are all your takes on this? Any Role players out there think this could be a neat idea? Or perhaps you just want your character in plate to look more villainous.

Comments

• Options
    MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    You have the option to wear anything you want!

You also have the option to make your gear look like any other gear you want! (For example, your heavy dwarwen steel armor can be made to look like a fairy princess pinky armor!)

This is already confirmed!
  • Options
    I mean, what you're wearing visually doesn't have to coincide with what you're wearing stat-wise with the cosmetic options available, that's why your gear type appears as a buff on your character.

So no need to specify who it's for, I'm sure there will be hooded cloak cosmetics!
  • Options
    Marzzo wrote: »

You also have the option to make your gear look like any other gear you want!

thats really good to hear! As you can tell from my profile picture I'm definitely bias on the subject lol
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    There is no gear slot for cloaks in Ashes of Creation. There are costumes for it though.

Personally, I do like wearing a nice white cloak and kind of playing as some kind of spartan, but its not really a necessity for me. They might add it if enough people show interest though.

EDIT - I forgot the costumes, YES costumes for cloaks exist. But there is no specific gear slot for them. Check here, https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Gear#/media/File:alpha-1_character_sheet.png
  • Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

You also have the option to make your gear look like any other gear you want! (For example, your heavy dwarwen steel armor can be made to look like a fairy princess pinky armor!)

Please do this! I'll gift you this skin :D
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    There are no cloaks in Ashes of Creation. There might be costumes but idk.

Personally, I do like wearing a nice white cloak and kind of playing as some kind of spartan, but its not really a necessity for me. They might add it if enough people show interest though.

There definitely are cloaks. Check the pre-order pack cosmetics.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • Options

I swear I remember seeing a character somewhere in a game play video wearibg a cloak. No hood and what looked like plate armor. I could be mistaken though.
  • Options
    mrwaffles wrote: »

Please do this! I'll gift you this skin :D

I double this lol XD
  • Options
    DummoDummo Member
    edited August 2020
    KoreKode wrote: »

I swear I remember seeing a character somewhere in a game play video wearibg a cloak. No hood and what looked like plate armor. I could be mistaken though.

Yeah, you can see this on the Ashes Wiki under the Rogue topic.

Edit: nvm guy wears a hood and no plate, too quick to respond.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Dummo wrote: »

There definitely are cloaks. Check the pre-order pack cosmetics.

Exactly why I said they might exist for costumes as I vaguely remember seeing them. But there is no specific gear slot for cloaks.

I edited my post above to make things a lot clearer.