Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Parkour

2»

Comments

• Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    climbing walls and rocks would be cool, also jumping puzzles are great fun and one thing I did on a regular basis in GW2 CjkX2da.jpg
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Beyond Jump Quests, I'd love it if jumping/parkour/other movement skills could be used in a boss fight or two, like:
    • Jumping to avoid earthquake tremors
    • A boss you can climb to hit a weakpoint hidden at the top, opening an opportunity for the rest of your team to go ham
    • Intercept a projectile
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    FavstFavst Member
    Minkku wrote: »
    I'd like to see it.

If you like parkour go and play Assassin's Creed, MMO games don't need parkour, lol
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Percival wrote: »
    Minkku wrote: »
    I'd like to see it.

If you like parkour go and play Assassin's Creed, MMO games don't need parkour, lol

Don't need, but it would be nice.
    Probably falls under scope creep though.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    It's feasible that AoC will introduce some types of parkour as Pantheon (another coming out PvX) mmo will be having it.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Parkour in real life is dumb. Would be equally as dumb in AoC imo. Give me a jump and I will be happy.
  • Options
    NuubNuub Member
    I say no to parkour!!!

However....I think that jumping and climbing make me feel like a real explorer and I would absolutely love that. Imagine being a rogue, camouflage active, scaling a cliff face to drop down onto your foes.