Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Best healing pair

AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
So we know cleric is the single traget heal and bard is the group heal...so if you have 2 slots in a 8 person group which pair would be better?
Cleric/Cleric and a Bard/Bard
OR
Cleric/Bard and a Bard/Cleric

Comments

• Options
    DummoDummo Member
    edited August 2020
    Cleric / Cleric = best single/group heals.
    Bard / Bard = best group buffs.

Cleric / Bard = single/group heals with self-buffs.
    Bard / Cleric = group buffs with self-heal.

Teamwise I'd say the first option.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • Options
    Dummo wrote: »
    Cleric / Cleric = best single heals.

Cleric / Bard = single heals with self-buffs.

You seem to be thinking bards are only buffers. They have aleady said bards are the group healer
  • Options
    DummoDummo Member
    edited August 2020
    Aardvark wrote: »

You seem to be thinking bards are only buffers. They have aleady said bards are the group healer

Clerics are also able to heal groups, and better than bards. According to the Wiki atleast.
    Dark Knight Dummo

• Options
    edited August 2020

Clerics are also able to heal groups, and better than bards. According to the Wiki atleast.

That is not what was said in the interview but things change so maybe interview is out of date?
  • Options

That is not what was said in the interview but things change so maybe interview is out of date?

Or the Wiki hasn't been updated accordingly.
    Dark Knight Dummo

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What interview did they say bards would be the group healer? I missed it and woul like to watch it.
    The wiki says they will enhance every one but nothing about healing.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Bard
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Bards will have some heals but there won't he anywhere close to cleric level. Clerics are still going to out heal bards in group heals and single target.

Summoners may also be able to heal a bit too if they stick with the idea of them having Dps,tank, and healer pets.
    signature.png
  • Options
    RahkstarRPGRahkstarRPG Member
    edited August 2020

You say this with a surprising amount of confidence considering we have little to no information about how the augmentations will work.
    What interview did they say bards would be the group healer? I missed it and woul like to watch it.
    The wiki says they will enhance every one but nothing about healing.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Bard

In the most recent Q&A Steven did, he said bards will have group healing capability.

Not that they will be "THE group healers." Just that they will have some healing capability, and it will likely be AoE (via proximity) and HoT focused.

People's imaginations like to run off a little too far, I think.
  • Options

You say this with a surprising amount of confidence considering we have little to no information about how the augmentations will work.

So far as we know what I'm saying is true, for now. Except for the fact that the augmentation is not only self-targeted, it can also be targeted on others, albeit limited.

The Wiki states:
    Choosing life augments will provide the ability to provide self-healing benefits as well as limited life giving benefits to other players.[23][21]
    Some cleric augments applied to certain skills will indirectly provide the ability to heal others. These will not replace the need for a cleric archetype.[24]
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Cleric
    Dark Knight Dummo

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The way I see it, a Bard can't replace a Cleric. I have some Guildies going Cleric/Cleric which means I dont need to go Bard/Cleric.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    So we know cleric is the single traget heal and bard is the group heal...so if you have 2 slots in a 8 person group which pair would be better?
    Cleric/Cleric and a Bard/Bard
    OR
    Cleric/Bard and a Bard/Cleric

Well this is not really correct. Cleric is the main healer so best single target, best group, best healer stuff. Bard is the support class so they buff/debuff and the only healing they have is much, much smaller, proximity or proc based supportive stuff. They're not capable of being any sort of healer.
  • Options

The interview from a couple weeks ago on July 25th he said Bards healing will be "much, much less" healing compared to a Cleric" and "will be proximity-based as opposed to direct target or otherwise." Then he says "The base archetype Cleric will be the predominant healing force class with some supplemental healing that would be more over time healing or proc-based healing based on the action of players that's assigned to the Bard role."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtVUiS7yAHE&feature=youtu.be&t=58m38s
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    22:20 in the AMA video. I missed that thanks for pointing it out.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Cleric/Cleric
    Bard/Cleric

a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    RahkstarRPGRahkstarRPG Member
    edited August 2020
    The Wiki states:
    Choosing life augments will provide the ability to provide self-healing benefits as well as limited life giving benefits to other players.[23][21]
    Some cleric augments applied to certain skills will indirectly provide the ability to heal others. These will not replace the need for a cleric archetype.[24]

I mean, yeah, and that right there goes against what you initially said.

Except it isn't just self heal...
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tbh the Cleric subclass will most likely give most of the bard buffs augments for healing over time effects.
    It makes sense for them.
    Just settle for Cleric/Cleric (Strongest single target healing and direct aoe healing) with Bard/Cleric (For HoT AoE healing and buffs, so that the cleric/cleric can focus better and the bard would take the edge off so to speak)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

I'd like to see where they said bards are "the group healer". From what I recall they may do a weak AoE/Aura healing but Clerics will be the team healers (correct me if I'm wrong)
  • Options
    The Wiki states:

I mean, yeah, and that right there goes against what you initially said.

Except it isn't just self heal...

Didn't mention it cause it wouldn't have mattered for the question, the pure classes are better at what they do. Hence the word 'limited'.
    Dark Knight Dummo