Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Friendly Warning - DO NOT GIVE UR EU SERVER to my.net

Hi, i'm a player from my.net platform. At this moment i'm playing Conqueror's Blade, a very nice game. The oriental servers are amaizing, you enjoy it, 60 hz servers, no lag even if my ms is 150. But unfortunately, before joining this oriental server, the original C.B. server, i joined the european one, hosted by my.shet .
Why do i say you shouldn't let my.shet host your game? well, all that nice game that i just described, is actually a nightmare on EU server; and not only that, the mods are acting soo bad. Just check the reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/ConquerorsBlade/ .
On their on discord server, they banned anyone who oposed them and asked them to upgrade the server, so ur cavlary units will actually fully hit units in a full momentum charge, and also poleaxe players wont cast ult 1000 meters away from us, and the game will register their ult on us, because it can't calculate x y z properly so it just hits us out of range, or while we already jumped on a building. Basically: on your screen you see something, on another player's screen you see something way diffrent. And the server's are not the only problem. During a very populated event, Terittory Wars, were players play 15 vs 15 on siege battles, the ping went to 50.000, even if i usually have 19-23 ms. I went on the supply point to change my units, and i got teleported on the cap point and got instakilled. Everyone complained about it. They said it's not a real issue and it didn't happend at a large scale, so they don't care. Seeing the players kept complaining about it, they banned several houses for *cheating* (basically, allies can attack their own fiefs, even if that shouldn't be possible, but they wont fix the problem tho'), only to drive away player's attention from the fact that their game lag.
Please, save this comunity, before it happens to you...

Remember Sushi's words...

thank you for your time! -nyaaa

Comments

• Options
    They have said that it will be on my.com. Hopefully my.com is better than my.net. And Intrepid has full control over the game. Intrepid just needs a publisher there due to all the legislation.
    Reddit is not the main communication channel of AoC. I am not sure about the game you are playing though. And the AoC Discord is more moderated by the volunteers than by Intrepid (and they are helpful and wonderful)

If you intentionally take advantage of a bug in any game, be prepared to be banned.
  • Options
    Well it's a matter of a lazy crappy company vs one like Intrepid. There will be a standard they will be held to. If they don't meet that standard then Steven himself said he'd find a better option. I guess you can list off a bunch of alternatives.

This will probably be their one time to improve their reputation, but it's also a time to prove how shitty they are. They may have just been giving the other companies what they paid for.

zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    zhultzhult Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    My.com managed the "revelations online" game, another mmo, some hackers stole the data of all the accounts, specifically mine, they emptied it and they never returned my money or items, the truth is that I am very afraid that those people will take it.
    epic.png
  • Options
    UlquiorraUlquiorra Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes please don't. My data has been compromised in that attack ^^ too.
  • Options
    To this day I continue to receive emails through that site, and they washed their hands, what's more, they answered me that it was my fault for not changing the password, that they had warned, I found out late about the attack ... a shame to be honest
    epic.png
  • Options
    halbarzhalbarz Member
    edited August 2020
    my.com , is actually the only thing putting me off from Ashes at the moment. I am also afraid that the performance will be terrible in the EU as they cannot even handle MMO's with a small population without it being a lagfest.

My.games list has:
    - terrible account security
    - they are known for banning anyone that criticizing them
    - Servers performance is just lackluster
    - they have banned people for giving constructive criticism
    - just like @zhue I never received my items back.
    - The GM's are just .... got a 1-2 day ban for using in a Dutch sentence the word "kunt" ... which means "could" .... Was not even in a server-wide channel, just a /say channel ...

Alternative: Kakao Games : Runs BDO in the EU (not sure about the US or other regions)
  • Options
    Yea, my.net is very bad at what they do and should be avoided at all cost, if you want the game running smooth.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    All servers will be AWS to my knowledge, even if My.com is the EU publishers My.com won't be the server owners.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Only if they are the ones who manage ... that I forgot to comment, when I complained in the forums about this problem that I had with them, they banned me from these, I hope someone else takes it.
    epic.png
  • Options
    I do wonder why self-publishing is so difficult, is it cost related? If it is based on Amazon's cloud service why would My.Games need to be involved? Would a team in the US not be able to manage the cloud?

I think finding a good publisher and of course as long as the publisher does not have any say in the store and content. it will only help and give more confidence to the EU players.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think mid-august or so we would receive an update on the My.Games situation right?
    A lot of people I have been showing the game to, want to buy it but a purchase through this website means extra taxes :(
  • Options
    If you know of a really good lawyer in the EU that specializes is data protection policies, please let Intrepid know. Part of publishing is that my.com already (supposedly) has all the legal setup needed. Intrepid would have to start from scratch and hope that they cover everything.
  • Options
    halbarz wrote: »
    I do wonder why self-publishing is so difficult, is it cost related? If it is based on Amazon's cloud service why would My.Games need to be involved? Would a team in the US not be able to manage the cloud?

I think finding a good publisher and of course as long as the publisher does not have any say in the store and content. it will only help and give more confidence to the EU players.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think mid-august or so we would receive an update on the My.Games situation right?
    A lot of people I have been showing the game to, want to buy it but a purchase through this website means extra taxes :(

Watch the video I linked above.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    For the 1000th time, my.games were Intrepids ONLY option. Every other publisher in EU refused Intrepids terms except my.games. No other publisher would let Intrepid retain 100% creative control (aka, can't change the game in any way and has no control whatsoever over the cash shop).

nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    LeiloniLeiloni Member
    edited August 2020
    halbarz wrote: »

The EU is a mess of rules, regulations, and costs that don't exist in the US. They'd need much more money, expertise they don't currently have, I believe they'd also need to set up a physical location in the EU. I mean really this is the home of the GDPR and we all know how much of a pain in the ass that is and there's so much more than that to contend with. It's just not feasible to self publish.

As for the extra taxes, that's also something that is made necessary by your own countries, not the US. Nothing Intrepid can do about that. I feel like I see a pattern here.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There is a pattern because before Xsolla we converted to dollars and paid no extra charges. Since Xsolla we have to pay extra charges. IS made the switch to Xsolla so yes it is to do with IS.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    GuliGuli Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Good news, they are no longer going to use them :smiley:
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We are free
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace