Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

She is level 13 and I am level 18 (don't know where else to post sorry)

MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
If my friend is level 13 for example and I am level 18 or maybe even 30, will it be viable for us to play togheter?

Comments

• NiraadaNiraada Member
    edited August 2020
    I came here expecting a Rick Astley video.
  • My goodness, I thought this thread was going in a whole different and darker direction.

Might wanna add “level” to the thread title in some way.
  • @Dicdonya that was clearly by design.
  • Niraada wrote: »
    @Dicdonya that was clearly by design.

Damn, that’s unfortunate if true
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That title is jail bait... I mean click bait :p
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Steven mentioned that he definitely wants to enable that, possibly through a mentoring mechanic. What it probably won't be is upscaling or downscaling party members.

Dunno about any more details.
  • HansrutgerHansrutger Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Meh seen before, I'd recommend a new concept.
  • you are probably ped... hmm powerleveling her
  • What a click bait, I love it!
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    Dicdonya wrote: »
    My goodness, I thought this thread was going in a whole different and darker direction.

The added "level" in the description didnt change a thing! :'D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Marzzo

There will be activities that are present for higher level players to mentor lower level players. Let's say you have a friend who joins later on and you still want to do things with them, there will be things to do. Will you he be able to enter a dungeon of your level and participate? No, because we don't want to inflate or deflate characters and manipulate that type of skill or power. We want that to be something that makes sense for them in a progression standpoint. – Steven Sharif

There you go ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Damokles wrote: »
    Dicdonya wrote: »
    My goodness, I thought this thread was going in a whole different and darker direction.

The added "level" in the description didnt change a thing! :'D

Made it better xD
  • clickbait at its best!
    a34ad54277341e048554a1bf88ee6284.jpg

Heroes Fade but Legends last forever

• They are 13 and i'm 30 and we want to experience things together... is this possible/legal in terms of game mechanics? Yikes! OK, as others have said, we only have a brief mention of a mentoring program that you as the higher (level) person will still get some experience while the lower (level) person is getting alot since you're basically powerleveling them through high level mobs. (which leads to my concern that AoC seems to allow powerleveling / the option for a big market of "pay to get your toon powerlevel in 3 days"

But AoC is not all about just the primary progression path of your player level!

I would yes, you two can definitely play the game together and for it to be productive even for the higher (level) person. Because perhaps both of you joined the NPC ran Traders Guild in the Node. And you're both at the bottom tier of that guild organization. So you both will have the same quest from that "lore/quest line" to go do XYZ and get ZYX in order to climb the ranks of the Trader Guild. Or the Thieves Guild or the Order of Steel.

Then there's running a business. You both maybe own a Freehold together and you own a Tavern on it. Doesn't matter what your levels are, you both will be busy supplying and running that Tavern. Or any of the other dozen Freehold activities that you both can do at any level, blacksmithing, farming, fishing, breeding (i mean animal husbandry)

Caravans... being the driver of a caravan doesn't require you to be high level, so a low level person can drive it while the high level rides along side to protect it from bandits. Your freehold business will need frequent caravan supply trips.

How about Sieges? Why not! Steven straight up said he likes that AoC will have siege weapons like catapults because those can be manned and shot by even a level 1. So you both can do a siege together and both have fun at it making an impact.