Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What class will YOU be picking?

Comments

• InixiaInixia Member
    edited May 2021
    MrMilot wrote: »
    Anti stealth class

I've always considered mage an anti stealth class, because whenever I play it rogues seem to pop out of stealth right besides me.
  • Uncommon SenseUncommon Sense Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dorf Soul Weaver for me.
  • Shadow Lord most likely, because it sounds badass, and i get the rogue as main class.
  • ShergrimShergrim Member
    edited May 2021
    Guardian and weaponmaster
  • twitch darkmeatttwitch darkmeatt Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Rogue charlatan or predator
  • ZygsyZygsy Member
    Necromancer!!
  • AlrotaAlrota Member
    I'll probably pick any sort of Summoner as my main class. I always liked the minion master type of classes.
  • Can't stand not being able to heal myself at will (without potions) so I will most likely start with Cleric and take my secondary to become a, you guessed it, SHAMAN! I am really drawn in by Summoner itself, though, so depending on if/how much the archetype can heal I may take that as my primary and find an interesting secondary.
    kcp9lk8esgnj.png

• Dr3amerADr3amerA Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    VeK Summoner and i will be a scholar/explorer as i have never mained a summoner so far.

Although rogues aren't my favorite i am interested to see how the Shadowmancer will be and if it will be close to how i imagine it.
    Other than that i am interested in Necromancer and Conjurer.

Chronic altoholic so i will at least have one of each primary archetype.
  • AntVictusAntVictus Member, Alpha One
    Probably Paladin, broodwarden, warden, or knight But that's only if Summoner is scuffed and feels lame to play.
  • ContrarionContrarion Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mage (Archwizard, Warlock or Sorceror)
  • OezaxsOezaxs Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How anyone is able to pick their class before the game comes out is beyond me. I'm definitely going to need time with each class to get a feel for what I like and then experiment with combos before I'll be able to settle on my main setup. Probably start with a fighter/ tank though to see if I like being front lines or not.
    Online Steamer and Personality
    Schedule:
    M, W, F 5pm-7pm PST
    Twitch | Youtube | Facebook
    1p-2VOzD.jpg
  • ProFakeAccProFakeAcc Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Play all class in A1 and try it out lol
  • Noble VainNoble Vain Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Empyrean Archmage is the game plan, might change depending how alpha/beta testing goes or if I find something more enjoyable.
    "Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor" -Alexis Carrell
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    First will be RangerX.. X meaning, if possible, re-roll to try out a few alternative subs.

• Something that supports allies while having decent survivability.
  • dranithdranith Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As a support player, I'm curious to try cleric/rogue or cleric/summ, or the bard/ versions. I'll probably test them all and play whichever is more fun. If the summoner or rogue subclass is too weird for me, I'll probably fall back on cleric/bard.
  • HuohuHuohu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Some sort of Rouge. Don't see a lot of them around in the forums :(.
  • GodGridGodGrid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    100% becoming a shadow lord (rouge/summoner)
  • ShylaShyla Member
    Most Definitely Dreadnaught or Highsword!
  • RagnarrokRagnarrok Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am thinking a Dwarf Scryer.. I can be the short guy that heals everybody's arses! ha!
  • Race - Py'rai Elf
    Class - Beastmaster
    Professions - Animal Husbandry & Taming
  • I am brand new here and don't even know what the classes do. Looking at the chart is a bit overwhelming, there are so many cool sounding combinations. Soul Weaver, for example, just brings to mind some awesome ideas. Just based off how the names make me feel, probably Soul Weaver or some type of rogue-mage/cleric hybrid.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Giga Sheep wrote: »
    I am brand new here and don't even know what the classes do. Looking at the chart is a bit overwhelming, there are so many cool sounding combinations. Soul Weaver, for example, just brings to mind some awesome ideas. Just based off how the names make me feel, probably Soul Weaver or some type of rogue-mage/cleric hybrid.

Welcome!

It does seem overwhelming.

I would focus mainly on the Archetypes at this point. We don't know much about the classes yet, but the DEVs have said that the differences are not super drastic. The names might just be more nomenclature than rich class fantasy.
    We're not really talking about 64 true classes, we're talking about eight classes with 64 variants... There isn't as much variance between the 64 classes as you might expect. It's not like there are you know 64 different versions of... radically different classes. – Jeffrey Bard

I expect it to be like if you played Lineage 2... A Spellhowler vs a Spellsinger. This is just my speculation.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • RageconRagecon Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Just really wish we could see all the spec info on races and class moves and how other classes will augment.
  • NaxxazNaxxaz Member
    Tulnar - Cleric or Summoner, depending on what the base abilities are.
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • ValionValion Member
    Probably Bard-type support like Soul Weaver. This has been my go to type first since my days in EQ.
  • DrJeryDrJery Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Soulbow
  • ZeaminZeamin Member
    Will be playing as a py'rai that will either be Hawkeye or Predator. :D
    Banner.png
  • RageconRagecon Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    DrJery wrote: »
    Soulbow

This is what I’m leaning to also but so many unknown choices it’s really hard too say at this point.