Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

ATTN: BARDS - Phoenix Radio Hosting Open Mic Nights

Beck AltarrBeck Altarr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Not just limited to Bards. Anyone who creates Spoken Word, ads, Music Creations or other AoC themed audio can share them with us at Phoenix Radio.

We want to host a Weekly Open Mic Night where we will play your AOC themed creations from Music to songs, your poems and limericks and more. It is an Audio only format so Meme's sadly are not too likely to work most of the time.

If you have a Poem or joke/Limerick or even a short story you can tell in under 4 minutes you could make it on to Open Mic Night. If your stuff really impresses us we might add it to our everyday content to be played randomly entertaining the citizens of Sanctus. This also includes comedy skits of AoC jokes. We know you love being Punny!

Please keep it relatively clean. We aim for a 16+ audience so innuendo and such is o.k. the odd rare curse word as well... I remember being 16 and that was all pretty normal and fair.

This is a great way to showcase community content that goes beyond just pictures and videos.

Something I am still working out is a budget for awarding the best Open Mic Night Performance and hope to sort out before the first Open Mic Night. Winners will be voted on by the community in our discord. (linked in my Signature)

As you have probably guessed it wont be done Live. For most people that's too much stress and it's better to create a few recordings and pick which one you like best before sending it in. We also want to make sure we have enough to pad a few weeks worth so there is always a flow of incoming content to share. So the Open Mic Nights might not be a full hour all the time and we might play some stuff more than once over time.

I don't have a date yet for the first official Open Mic Night on Phoenix Radio. It all depends on how involved you the community choose to be.

You can also submit guild advertisements or your own fake commercials into the Open Mic Night for it's first air play.

Is there a cost? NO! It's 100% free to participate and to submit Guild ads that you have produced. Phoenix Radio is 100% free and volunteer driven. I front all the costs. We don't even have a donation button up yet. Yes at some point Donations will be welcome to help cover costs and support prizes, but not yet! We want you all to love us first before we shake you down...

You can email me files up to 10mb in size at beck@phoenixradio.online Files larger than that you will likely need to upload to soundcloud or youtube where I can grab it. But most files under 4 -5 minutes should be less than 10mb. Please use .MP3 at 256-320 stereo quality so it doesn't get too degraded over the radio stream.

The radio is up and playing 24/7. We will never play real world ads, they will always be fake/fun, game/guild related or radio related. No worries about car ads or from big box stores and fast food. It's all AoC related or game themed in general.

If you have any questions Please Feel free to ask. We look forward to your Open Mic Night Performances.
phoenix.png
Alpha/Beta Tester of Many Games - Station Manger of PhoenixRadio.Online an AoC & Gamer themed online Radio. Tune In Here
Love a good story and lore.
Twitch Streamer : PRO Discord

Comments

• Options
    Beck AltarrBeck Altarr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I know bumping is bad, but I didn't want to post a new topic.

That being said, we have worked out the first round of Prizes for the first show Winner. $50 (CAD) Amazon Gift Card.

If there was a AoC Gift Card I'd offer that instead. (Hint-Hint)

Following shows will be $20 (CAD) Amazon Gift Cards. It the show really takes off and there is good community support we will try to increase it and maybe add a runner up prize.

Still working on a Season Prize as well as the length. That will depend on how many submissions we get and how regular they are.
    phoenix.png
    Alpha/Beta Tester of Many Games - Station Manger of PhoenixRadio.Online an AoC & Gamer themed online Radio. Tune In Here
    Love a good story and lore.
    Twitch Streamer : PRO Discord