Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will release clear my progress?

Hello All,

I wasn't sure where to post this. Curious if i start playing now will my progress get wiped when the game is released?

Comments

• Yes, the release will make everyone start from scratch and the only advantage that players have for playing now is the game knowledge that nobody can take away :smile:
    “Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil.”

― Plato
  • Ok i understand thank you.
  • CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Tragnar wrote: »
    Yes, the release will make everyone start from scratch and the only advantage that players have for playing now is the game knowledge that nobody can take away :smile:

Except for kickstarter backers. They get to start playing the game about 3 days early, on a headstart server.
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    edited August 2020
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    Yes, the release will make everyone start from scratch and the only advantage that players have for playing now is the game knowledge that nobody can take away :smile:

Except for kickstarter backers. They get to start playing the game about 3 days early, on a headstart server.

Worth noting though that node growth will be disabled which highly restricts the progress available during the headstart. For the most part it’s to make sure the servers don’t go *pop* on release day.
  • CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Caeryl wrote: »

Worth nothing though that node growth will be disabled which highly restricts the progress available during the headstart. For the most part it’s to make sure the servers don’t go *pop* on release day.

Yea but its worth saying.
  • CaptnChuck wrote: »
    Caeryl wrote: »

Worth nothing though that node growth will be disabled which highly restricts the progress available during the headstart. For the most part it’s to make sure the servers don’t go *pop* on release day.

Yea but its worth saying

Edited. Clearly spelling isn’t my strong point after almost 24 hours awake :,D
  • Beck AltarrBeck Altarr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The 3 day head start will allow people to "set up" in different areas and explore, noting mining veins and glades of herbs or heards of local animals etc. It will give them an advantage on building the 5th node up faster. I really hope the Head Start Servers will be named ahead of time so some of us can pick servers where no one has paid for advantage.
    phoenix.png
    Alpha/Beta Tester of Many Games - Station Manger of PhoenixRadio.Online an AoC & Gamer themed online Radio. Tune In Here
    Love a good story and lore.
    Twitch Streamer : PRO Discord
  • @Beck Altarr

They will indeed be named so you have nothing to worry about my friend.
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For the record, it's a 2 day head start, not 3.

Aq0KG2f.png