Hemp

Will hemp have any part of the game in any area? The real world applications of hemp can be extraordinary and was curious if it had any place in AoC. I would love to be a hemp farmer >;)

Comments

  • Heh.

    Rope, bags/inventory containers and a consumable that uh, enhances perception at the expense of reaction time...

    🤭
  • Hemp clothing, mortar/cement etc.

    I wanna smoke it too. (Why not?)
  • CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited September 16
    I mean, is a single plant that important to you? Maybe something similar might exist in AoC, but I doubt they'll call it hemp. But who knows, you might get lucky.
  • stolyaRstolyaR Member
    edited September 16
    I want to see an NCP named "Snup Doc" that we will be able to trade our gathered hemp with him :wink:
  • As out of this worlds as the hemp plant is... Verra is literally another world. I would be disappointed to learn that we have any of the plants from earth.
    CctsKnC.png
  • @CaptnChuck Because i simply want it to be. Its nothing game breaking.

    @Vhaeyne Its universal
  • LolzThor wrote: »
    @Vhaeyne Its universal

    I think the entire human race would love to see the evidence....
    CctsKnC.png
  • LolzThor wrote: »
    Hemp clothing, mortar/cement etc.

    I wanna smoke it too. (Why not?)

    I let out a loud shriek in my work room. lmao
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

    I heard a bird ♫
  • Clothing
    Rope
    Cloth
    Food
    Salves
    Painreliever

    Many of these applications ,which were used for millenia. I would rather have a Verra naturally occuring plant to fill its role though.
    KkvMmA5.png
  • Damokles wrote: »
    Clothing
    Rope
    Cloth
    Food
    Salves
    Painreliever

    Many of these applications ,which were used for millenia. I would rather have a Verra naturally occuring plant to fill its role though.

    We can call it Hempi.
  • Vhaeyne wrote: »
    LolzThor wrote: »
    @Vhaeyne Its universal

    I think the entire human race would love to see the evidence....


    Fuel:
    No need to rely on fossil fuels to power our engines. Hemp-derived biofuel is both economical and environmentally-friendly thanks to its short grow time, ability to replenish the soil and 11 percent oxygen content (and no sulfur emissions like other fuel types). Not only that, hemp fuel may actually be able to extend the life of many vehicles because of its superior lubricating abilities compared to petroleum.

    Vehicles:
    Cars, bicycles and even airplanes have been made using hemp fibers which are both light weight and structurally-sound. The light weight design can improve fuel efficiency and the stability of materials can help decrease production costs without compromising safety.

    Textiles:
    Textiles made from hemp are durable, versatile, biodegradable and relatively easy to produce. Hemp fibers are also more resistant to weather and ultraviolet rays than cotton and silk, and can be mixed with other materials to create clothing hybrids that are both comfortable and fashionable.
    Cosmetics:

    Hemp seed oil is a popular additive in cosmetics thanks to its high concentration of fatty acids. By adding these fats to beauty products, users can experience increased hair and nail growth (and strength) and a slow the aging process of skin. They may also help reduce acne breakouts and improve skin conditions, like dermatitis and eczema.

    Food:
    Hemp is incredibly nutritious thanks to high levels of protein and a perfect balance of essential amino acids. Hemp leaves contain high amounts of fiber, iron, potassium and zinc, though the most nutritious part of the plant is the seeds which can be pressed to retrieve oil or eaten as-is for a quick energy boost.
    Building materials:

    Hemp products make great building materials because they are durable, light weight and affordable to produce. Not only that, hemp-based building materials are fire-, water- and rodent-proof; and its strength and flexibility make it ideal for resisting damage caused by earthquakes, floods or other natural disasters.
    Medicine:

    Though hemp contains very little THC (which makes it non-psychoactive), it does contain large amounts of CBD, or the primary restorative cannabinoid found in cannabis. Medicines made from hemp are therefore extremely beneficial to those seeking the medical benefits of cannabis without the high.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member
    edited September 16
    @LolzThor
    ROFL when you say "hemp is universal" in response to me saying Verra is another planet. It sounds like you are saying hemp is universal throughout the universe.
    LolzThor wrote: »

    Fuel:
    No need to rely on fossil fuels to power our engines. Hemp-derived biofuel is both economical and environmentally-friendly thanks to its short grow time, ability to replenish the soil and 11 percent oxygen content (and no sulfur emissions like other fuel types). Not only that, hemp fuel may actually be able to extend the life of many vehicles because of its superior lubricating abilities compared to petroleum.

    Vehicles:
    Cars, bicycles and even airplanes have been made using hemp fibers which are both light weight and structurally-sound. The light weight design can improve fuel efficiency and the stability of materials can help decrease production costs without compromising safety.

    Textiles:
    Textiles made from hemp are durable, versatile, biodegradable and relatively easy to produce. Hemp fibers are also more resistant to weather and ultraviolet rays than cotton and silk, and can be mixed with other materials to create clothing hybrids that are both comfortable and fashionable.
    Cosmetics:

    Hemp seed oil is a popular additive in cosmetics thanks to its high concentration of fatty acids. By adding these fats to beauty products, users can experience increased hair and nail growth (and strength) and a slow the aging process of skin. They may also help reduce acne breakouts and improve skin conditions, like dermatitis and eczema.

    Food:
    Hemp is incredibly nutritious thanks to high levels of protein and a perfect balance of essential amino acids. Hemp leaves contain high amounts of fiber, iron, potassium and zinc, though the most nutritious part of the plant is the seeds which can be pressed to retrieve oil or eaten as-is for a quick energy boost.
    Building materials:

    Hemp products make great building materials because they are durable, light weight and affordable to produce. Not only that, hemp-based building materials are fire-, water- and rodent-proof; and its strength and flexibility make it ideal for resisting damage caused by earthquakes, floods or other natural disasters.
    Medicine:

    Though hemp contains very little THC (which makes it non-psychoactive), it does contain large amounts of CBD, or the primary restorative cannabinoid found in cannabis. Medicines made from hemp are therefore extremely beneficial to those seeking the medical benefits of cannabis without the high.

    That has to my the most sperg response on this forum to date. :D
    Glad to see you have fun looking up hemp.
    Top marks!
    CctsKnC.png
  • LolzThor wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    Clothing
    Rope
    Cloth
    Food
    Salves
    Painreliever

    Many of these applications ,which were used for millenia. I would rather have a Verra naturally occuring plant to fill its role though.

    We can call it Hempi.

    😎™️
  • VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited September 17
    Does it need to be that complicated?

    Alchemist: "here, a hemp potion for ya."
  • You guys are silly. Of course the is going to be herb, and it has many applications. 🥘
Sign In or Register to comment.