Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will there be a pay to play server with a f2p server like Allods?

JudeJude Member
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Hi, guys.

I read that Ashes of Creation will have a free server, but I don't understand exactly what is the kind of the server.

Is it a free server limited to certain levels like World of Warcraft (20 level)? or is it a free server with a cash shop and without f2p level cap along with a pay to play server like Allods?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    The MMOAoC won't have a free server at all.

/end Thread
  • Options
    VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don’t know where you heard that information, but it’s not accurate. The business model for Ashes of Creation is pay to play (subscription) with a cosmetic cash shop. There will no box cost or expansion cost.

They have not giving any information on a free trial version.
  • Options
    I don't think there will be a free-to-play server and I have a feeling that f2p equals disaster in the long run, but I will hold my word for it because the future can change in the blink of an eye.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    Valento92 wrote: »
    I don't think there will be a free-to-play server and I have a feeling that f2p equals disaster in the long run, but I will hold my word for it because the future can change in the blink of an eye.

Pay 2 play games have always been a better experience to me than f2p. That 15 dollars keeps a lot of riff raff out.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ashes of Creation will have solely Pay2Play servers.
    Servers will currently be divided into headstart servers and non-headstart servers.
    (Headstart means that people who payed extra can get into the game 1-2 days earlier, but the nodes etc will be disabled)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Headstart means that people who payed extra can get into the game 1-2 days earlier

It’s not people who paid extra. It’s people who supported the game early.
  • Options
    That being said I hope Steven jump into Allods to experiment a bit. I wish he could borrow some ideas such as their naval system (astral) and the June Catacombs (PvX maze). Pretty cool.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    vmangman wrote: »
    Headstart means that people who payed extra can get into the game 1-2 days earlier

Yes, but it is a fact, that only Founders and higher have access to headstart servers. That means that people who payed more at the time got this advantage.

dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

Yes, but it is a fact, that only Founders and higher have access to headstart servers. That means that people who payed more at the time got this advantage.

False. I paid $150 on Kickstarter to get access to Alpha 2 and I have access to headstart servers. People who pay $250 for Alpha 2 today pay more than I did and do not have access to headstart severs.

$250 is more than $150. It’s not about who paid more it’s about who paid earlier.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

False. I paid $150 on Kickstarter to get access to Alpha 2 and I have access to headstart servers. People who pay $250 for Alpha 2 today pay more than I did and do not have access to headstart severs.

$250 is more than $150. It’s not about who paid more it’s about who paid earlier.

The problem is, that you compare then to now.

Nowadays you cant ever get the headstart anymore.
    You need to compare the packages at the time, when you got access to headstart servers. You payed 150$ and got headstart. Those that payed less didnt get headstart. Its simple.

Its about those that payed earlier AND payed more then others.

Thats why:

a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

You need to compare the packages at the time, when you got access to headstart servers. You payed 150$ and got headstart. Those that payed less didnt get headstart. Its simple.

Thats why:

In your initial comment you made it seem like you had to pay more to get into the headstart when the fact is that you had to pay early. $150 is more than $100 sure, but $150 was one of the very low packs... there were so many more packs that required you to pay more than that.

Your first comment was misleading and it could put Intrepid in a bad light. The main factor was paying early... not more because $150 was one of the cheaper packs.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Thats why:

In your initial comment you made it seem like you had to pay more to get into the headstart when the fact is that you had to pay early. $150 is more than $100 sure, but $150 was one of the very low packs... there were so many more packs that required you to pay more than that.

Your first comment was misleading and it could put Intrepid in a bad light. The main factor was paying early... not more because $150 was one of the cheaper packs.

BUT YOU STILL PAYED MORE THEN OTHERS. 150$ IS MORE THEN 100$.

MEANING:
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    The only 'free server' they had was Apocalypse. Which was for testing combat systems.