Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What's your favorite mythological being? and what beings do you want as combat pets?

JudeJude Member
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Hi.

Combat pets and summoner classes are my thing, I hope Ashes of Creation will have a good pet system and good summoner classes because most MMORPGs have a horrible pet system.

My favorite mythological beings are gryphons, I wish they were going to be combat pets instead of mounts.

Comments

• Options
    HzOfLM1.png
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    aiw_cheshire_cat.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    KotterKotter Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    i always liked hellhounds.
  • Options
    Big tittied mermaids ^^, beeeeeewwwbbbzzz!
  • Options
    nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    edited September 2020
    Sorry - gonna be boring.

1030_onwardunicorns-1-1028x579.png

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Griffons just give me nightmarish memories of North Karana.

Npc_grimfeather.png

You never even saw him. Just the text that said how much that thing hit you for.

• Options
    show

ok, definitely not a pet, but hey, still a mythological being
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    nidriks wrote: »
    Sorry - gonna be boring.

1030_onwardunicorns-1-1028x579.png

OMG YESSSS.
    I hope we have a really rare unicorn that wanders the world and flees at the slightest hint of aggression.

Imagine all the hunters travelling the world for unicorn blood.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Dragons (and all their subspecies), and sea serpents

It’d be nice to have a Hydra as a mount, or a miniature one as a pet
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »

OMG YESSSS.
    I hope we have a really rare unicorn that wanders the world and flees at the slightest hint of aggression.

I like the idea of having a rare unicorn with a twist wandering around

36-1.jpg

ok not that one though. that'll bring us all kinds of copyrights troubles.
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »
    nidriks wrote: »
    Sorry - gonna be boring.

OMG YESSSS.

Be careful what you wish for. There was a zone known as Lesser Faydark in EQ. It was an evil place. If you could avoid the evil brownies then you might run in to Equestrielle.

id3574.png

Then Firiona Vie cursed Equestrielle by breaking off her horn. Anyone wandering Lesser Faydark now need worry less about the brownies and more about Equestrielle the Corrupted. Evil. I mean it.

id6601.png

• Options
    My favorite mythological creature is Fenris Wolf, son of Loki and eater of Odin. I find The duality interesting and necessary.

Loki absolutely is not the good guy but when you really think about it neither is Odin.
  • Options
    NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Going to follow on from @nidriks and be boring, my absolute favourite mythical being is the pegasus. I know that flying mounts are VERY limited (thankfully), however, it could definitely still work as a beautiful gliding mount.

96decab2972ecb42b798a460ab216616.jpg

Oh and I love a dark version of pegasus too!

49b2ddeabcb17c1365e277ac5dd509f6.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Griffins are a creature I'm very intrigued by. Hopefully we can get eagle headed variants in Ashes on release, the hawk heads just don't look right.

Griffin01.png
  • Options
    My favorite mythical being is.... the dragon. Yeah, I know, real original, right? Sorry, cannot help but like the idea of a huge armored fire-breathing flying dragon.

Combat pets? Honestly, I’m sick of pets. I’ve played too many pet classes and thus have had to deal with pathing problems and bugs associated with them not to mention their typical ineffectiveness in PvP. Yeah, I’m not real interested in pets.
  • Options
    @Nelirya I love that black pegasus art.
  • Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think my favorite is basically the snotling from the GW fantasy universe, they're basically tiny pathetic thieves. I really like kobolds from wizards of the coast's D&D and other thieving monsters, and especially if they're pathetic. Sometimes cat bandits are depicted that way and such sometimes they're goblins, mostly though I think classically they're like gnomes or fairies where they steal objects and in the modern day context they'd be like the thing that steals your socks in the dryer.
  • Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    edited September 2020
    This is a really fun question!

I suppose my basic bitch answer for creatures I like that are common to rpg worlds are nature themed spirits like fae, selkie, and mermaids (albeit with a bit of a darker tone than the little mermaid/vain ones). Krakens are cool too.

But something else I would really love to see is more creatures inspired by North American indigenous lore. I find a lot of that fascinating: personified animals, thunderbirds, rainbow crow, deer woman, piasa, and also more local to me in california like rock giants, river mermaids, the ong, the dark watchers, etc...
  • Options
    AshburnAshburn Member
    edited September 2020
    I’m unrealistic but I would go with an Azure Dragon or a Nebula Wolf
  • Options
    OrcLuck wrote: »
    I think my favorite is basically the snotling from the GW fantasy universe, they're basically tiny pathetic thieves. I really like kobolds from wizards of the coast's D&D and other thieving monsters, and especially if they're pathetic. Sometimes cat bandits are depicted that way and such sometimes they're goblins, mostly though I think classically they're like gnomes or fairies where they steal objects and in the modern day context they'd be like the thing that steals your socks in the dryer.

I bet you would love skritt from GW2
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    For a mount, the Alicanto. The image of being able to feed it different kinds of ores for different color glows would be fun to play with!

For a Pet the Al-Mi'raj, Who can say no to that adorable fluff?!

For combat being able to group summon Fenrir would be awesome to siege with.

My favorite Mythical Beast would be a Leviathan.
    E8OOol.gif