Chapter One: So Our Journey Begins…

2

Comments

  • Is the Twitter vote linked to this one, or are we doing separate storylines? Might be cool to see how different each one becomes.
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds
    There will be more resources in the forest, so we should head east.
  • maouwmaouw Member
    I'm EXCITED!!
    All aboard the text adventure! Let's gooooo
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • ZericZeric Member
    To the forest. We have no winter gear.
  • So this is where it begins!
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Pioneer
    I head for the forest where there are plants and animals for food and wood for shelter. I'm looking for a place not too far from water but not right next to it because water draws wildlife and the wildlife on Verra is dangerous. After wandering for a while I find a small stream and walk along it until I find a small hill not too far away. The top of the hill will be windy and carry my scent away from the river and any predators that happen to be quenching their thirst there.

    After scouting the area a bit for berries and animal dens I decide it's a good place to live and set my backpack down on the ground while I equip my hand ax. Chop, chop, chop. After half a day's work I have a small shelter built that I can sleep in for the night and a head start on my work for tomorrow. Time for dinner. I still have some food that I picked up in Portal City so no need to cook or start a fire. I'll just eat and go to bed early. I fall asleep to the sound of crickets and the wind in the trees.
    fNX2ISa.png


  • sunfrog wrote: »
    I head for the forest where there are plants and animals for food and wood for shelter. I'm looking for a place not too far from water but not right next to it because water draws wildlife and the wildlife on Verra is dangerous. After wandering for a while I find a small stream and walk along it until I find a small hill not too far away. The top of the hill will be windy and carry my scent away from the river and any predators that happen to be quenching their thirst there.

    After scouting the area a bit for berries and animal dens I decide it's a good place to live and set my backpack down on the ground while I equip my hand ax. Chop, chop, chop. After half a day's work I have a small shelter built that I can sleep in for the night and a head start on my work for tomorrow. Time for dinner. I still have some food that I picked up in Portal City so no need to cook or start a fire. I'll just eat and go to bed early. I fall asleep to the sound of crickets and the wind in the trees.

    good.... good.... your rooting for the only correct choice, the home of the elves
  • You know there's going to be WAY cooler stuff over in them mountains.

    How many dragons' treasure hoards and hellish under-scapes lie contained beneath a forest?
  • ValentineValentine Member, Pioneer
    Enchanted forests have the best magical items, everyone knows this!
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited November 5
    Valentine wrote: »
    Enchanted forests have the best magical items, everyone knows this!

    I beg to differ...

    1ring.jpg

    AoC+Dwarf+750.jpg
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Pioneer
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Valentine wrote: »
    Enchanted forests have the best magical items, everyone knows this!

    I beg to differ...

    1ring.jpg

    But it was a 'curse', so nyah.

    To the Forest!
    -food
    -animals to skin for armor
    -healing herbs, in red, blue, and green
    -rabbits and boars to slaughter for xp :sweat_smile:
  • pyreal wrote: »
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Valentine wrote: »
    Enchanted forests have the best magical items, everyone knows this!

    I beg to differ...

    1ring.jpg

    But it was a 'curse', so nyah.

    To the Forest!
    -food
    -animals to skin for armor
    -healing herbs, in red, blue, and green
    -rabbits and boars to slaughter for xp :sweat_smile:

    twas an end to the dark lord and one of the most prominent quest lines ever known ;)
    854168_cannonbreed_dark-souls-bonfire.gif?f1553090073
  • bd0612e51162dbb76f9b788c856fff83697acc52.gifv
  • maouwmaouw Member
    edited November 6
    This poll is going to have us walk straight into a dragon's maw!

    edit: it's 50/50 now :s
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Here before chapter 1 becomes a war to decide whether we go to the mountains or the forests.
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    voidshadow wrote: »
    Here before chapter 1 becomes a war to decide whether we go to the mountains or the forests.

    It’s a literary tradition for great narratives to begin amid epic conflicts.
    AoC+Dwarf+750.jpg
  • JazeriousJazerious Member, Warrior of Old
    Go to the mountains, lets hang with the dwarves!! Elves are overrated.
  • Jazerious wrote: »
    Go to the mountains, lets hang with the dwarves!! Elves are overrated.

    Sacrelige! The elves will have slaughtered the dwarves faster than you can say "Elves are overrated"
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds
    Trees! I talk to the trees. There are deep mystries in forests some enchanting, some dangerous; usually great beauty and bounty.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Early Alpha One Tester
    If a certain Grey Wizard taught us anything is that we shouldn't think to hard about this decision. sooooo to the mountains we goooooo

    giphy.gif
    E6qgOoi.png
  • mrwaffles wrote: »
    If a certain Grey Wizard taught us anything is that we shouldn't think to hard about this decision. sooooo to the mountains we goooooo

    giphy.gif

    But the forests are better! They just are!
  • No, no NO you pack of sheep! The mountains are THIS way. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-

    /points repeatedly and with exaggeration over yonder.
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • PlagueMonk wrote: »
    No, no NO you pack of sheep! The mountains are THIS way. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-

    /points repeatedly and with exaggeration over yonder.

    no, they are obviousy beyond the forest! The ones that everyone is obsessed about are illusions!
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds
    To the forest!
  • QockQock Member
    20 references to LoTR and not one...

    “I want to see mountains again, MargaretKrohn, mountains!”

    That being said, TO THE TREES! Maybe some Great Eagles will rescue us.
  • Bloody treehuggers the lot of you! We need to go the majestic mountains, not to some puny trees that give nothing but splinters in your hands.
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds
    Is it lunchtime yet?
    / cracks open a bottle of mead and some trail rations
  • Kuldjux wrote: »
    Is it lunchtime yet?
    / cracks open a bottle of mead and some trail rations

    Nope. Its time for second breakfast.
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • CROW3 wrote: »
    voidshadow wrote: »
    Here before chapter 1 becomes a war to decide whether we go to the mountains or the forests.

    It’s a literary tradition for great narratives to begin amid epic conflicts.

    Indeed. As an aspiring fantasy novelist, I relate
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • voidshadow wrote: »
    CROW3 wrote: »
    voidshadow wrote: »
    Here before chapter 1 becomes a war to decide whether we go to the mountains or the forests.

    It’s a literary tradition for great narratives to begin amid epic conflicts.

    Indeed. As an aspiring fantasy novelist, I relate

    Yep! It's how I started mine!
Sign In or Register to comment.