Chapter Three: A Sudden Interruption!

2

Comments

  • CROW3 wrote: »
    I'm looking at you, Elves...

    Awwww, do you think they look pretty? Can't help looking at them. :)
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Early Alpha One Tester
    CROW3 wrote: »
    It looks like 14% of respondents need to go back to their forest. I'm looking at you, Elves...

    its the tulnar, I mean just look at Damokles
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited November 19
    Nagash wrote: »
    its the tulnar, I mean just look at Damokles

    Valid point. But I'm wary of the cyclops rodent. Though he may make a good shield in a pinch. >:)

    AoC+Dwarf+750.jpg
  • Nagash wrote: »
    CROW3 wrote: »
    It looks like 14% of respondents need to go back to their forest. I'm looking at you, Elves...

    its the tulnar, I mean just look at Damokles

    Me: *picks out the dirt under my toenails* "What?!? I'm currently a bit occupied!" *throws dagger at you*
    KkvMmA5.png
  • Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    CROW3 wrote: »
    It looks like 14% of respondents need to go back to their forest. I'm looking at you, Elves...

    its the tulnar, I mean just look at Damokles

    Me: *picks out the dirt under my toenails* "What?!? I'm currently a bit occupied!" *throws dagger at you*

    And when he says "dagger", he means a torn-off piece of toenail... ewwwwwww...
  • AmarAmar Member
    This Elf already has the bow ready... always nice to have a good archer around... ;)
  • In the wise words of Denethor "Flee! Flee for your lives!"

    Homie was so wise, he set himself on fire and fell of a height
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Fight! You mess with the bull you get the horns!
  • voidshadow wrote: »
    In the wise words of Denethor "Flee! Flee for your lives!"

    Homie was so wise, he set himself on fire and fell of a height

    I'd have done the same if I'd had to sit listening to Pippin all day. I hated Pippin......
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Early Alpha One Tester
    edited November 20
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    CROW3 wrote: »
    It looks like 14% of respondents need to go back to their forest. I'm looking at you, Elves...

    its the tulnar, I mean just look at Damokles

    Me: *picks out the dirt under my toenails* "What?!? I'm currently a bit occupied!" *throws dagger at you*

    MMgXu6C.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Wait...I've been out of touch for a few days........Last thing I recall was deciding to inquire about the gem at the local town. Anyone care to fill me in on how we got here???

    and I would normally get off the road since the odds are not in our favor BUT the text implies they have already spotted us so it's stand and fight!
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Wait...I've been out of touch for a few days........Last thing I recall was deciding to inquire about the gem at the local town. Anyone care to fill me in on how we got here???

    and I would normally get off the road since the odds are not in our favor BUT the text implies they have already spotted us so it's stand and fight!

    They decided to keep on going instead of going into town. So now they want to get killed by some murderhobos.
    KkvMmA5.png
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited November 20
    Damokles wrote: »
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Wait...I've been out of touch for a few days........Last thing I recall was deciding to inquire about the gem at the local town. Anyone care to fill me in on how we got here???

    and I would normally get off the road since the odds are not in our favor BUT the text implies they have already spotted us so it's stand and fight!

    They decided to keep on going instead of going into town. So now they want to get killed by some murderhobos.

    Screenshot-20201120-180122-Samsung-Internet.jpg

    I assumed we were on our way to the town in the mountain range?
  • /AdmiralAckbar IT'S A TRAP!

    Whatchu think that bright light indicated? RUN!
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Early Alpha One Tester
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Wait...I've been out of touch for a few days........Last thing I recall was deciding to inquire about the gem at the local town. Anyone care to fill me in on how we got here???

    and I would normally get off the road since the odds are not in our favor BUT the text implies they have already spotted us so it's stand and fight!

    They decided to keep on going instead of going into town. So now they want to get killed by some murderhobos.

    Screenshot-20201120-180122-Samsung-Internet.jpg

    I assumed we were on our way to the town in the mountain range?

    its off because we have it from Twitter, Facebook and the forums
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • daveywavey wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Wait...I've been out of touch for a few days........Last thing I recall was deciding to inquire about the gem at the local town. Anyone care to fill me in on how we got here???

    and I would normally get off the road since the odds are not in our favor BUT the text implies they have already spotted us so it's stand and fight!

    They decided to keep on going instead of going into town. So now they want to get killed by some murderhobos.

    Screenshot-20201120-180122-Samsung-Internet.jpg

    I assumed we were on our way to the town in the mountain range?

    "🗻Onwards, friends! As we reach the base of the mountain range, a radiant burst of energy surrounds us, temporarily halting our movement. Another group of adventurers is closing in, weapons at the ready."

    I would interpret this as going onwards.
    KkvMmA5.png
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds
    Nagash wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Wait...I've been out of touch for a few days........Last thing I recall was deciding to inquire about the gem at the local town. Anyone care to fill me in on how we got here???

    and I would normally get off the road since the odds are not in our favor BUT the text implies they have already spotted us so it's stand and fight!

    They decided to keep on going instead of going into town. So now they want to get killed by some murderhobos.

    Screenshot-20201120-180122-Samsung-Internet.jpg

    I assumed we were on our way to the town in the mountain range?

    its off because we have it from Twitter, Facebook and the forums

    This confused me also. As someone who doesn't really do FB or Twitter, it would be nice if the votes from those sources were incorporated into the forum results so we can see where we really are. Make this the 'official' poll, so to speak.
  • QockQock Member
    I haven't gotten to cut anyone recently. I think a nice sword enhanced with bright flame could scare off the limbs of a few ruffians. Sorry Nagash, do your minions like lightly toasted man meat?
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Early Alpha One Tester
    Qock wrote: »
    I haven't gotten to cut anyone recently. I think a nice sword enhanced with bright flame could scare off the limbs of a few ruffians. Sorry Nagash, do your minions like lightly toasted man meat?

    as long as the bones are semi intact I can use them
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »
    its off because we have it from Twitter, Facebook and the forums

    Gah. I was hoping we'd get to have our own. :(
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Early Alpha One Tester
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    its off because we have it from Twitter, Facebook and the forums

    Gah. I was hoping we'd get to have our own. :(

    on the forums

    lZnK41z.gif
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Kuldjux wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Wait...I've been out of touch for a few days........Last thing I recall was deciding to inquire about the gem at the local town. Anyone care to fill me in on how we got here???

    and I would normally get off the road since the odds are not in our favor BUT the text implies they have already spotted us so it's stand and fight!

    They decided to keep on going instead of going into town. So now they want to get killed by some murderhobos.

    Screenshot-20201120-180122-Samsung-Internet.jpg

    I assumed we were on our way to the town in the mountain range?

    its off because we have it from Twitter, Facebook and the forums

    This confused me also. As someone who doesn't really do FB or Twitter, it would be nice if the votes from those sources were incorporated into the forum results so we can see where we really are. Make this the 'official' poll, so to speak.

    Totally agree. I found the old post and was like, WTF? The FB and Twitter info should be represented someway in the forum poll.......imho
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Maybe the Facebook & Twitter folks are this party we're approaching... is that considered fratricide?

    Meh. /looses arrows
    AoC+Dwarf+750.jpg
  • AmarAmar Member
    edited November 21
    Nock...Draw.... Loose... Empties quiver and draws short sword... Oo wait is anyone left standing between Crow3 and me??
  • CujoCujo Member
    I'm very disappointed in the 15%. You have just made a tactical mistake and will all probably be dead soon. "a radiant burst of energy surrounds us, temporarily halting our movement. Another group of adventurers is closing in, weapons at the ready."

    This is describing an ambush. You are already in the kill zone. And a well planned ambush leaves no escape. Trying to flee the way you came in takes you deeper into a kill zone. Your counter-ambush tactic needs to be an immediate response with overwhelming force, to engage a sector of the enemy and push through them. To gain cover and take as much control over the engagement as you can. You can't go back, you can't stay where you are now. You must push, hard, now. Secure a position where you can gain an advantage and choose an effective disengagement.

    Trying to just run away will get you all slaughtered.
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds
    Fight or Flight is our emotional response, but we stand our ground in readiness; perhaps they are in need of assistance.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

  • Cujo wrote: »
    I'm very disappointed in the 15%. You have just made a tactical mistake and will all probably be dead soon. "a radiant burst of energy surrounds us, temporarily halting our movement. Another group of adventurers is closing in, weapons at the ready."

    This is describing an ambush. You are already in the kill zone. And a well planned ambush leaves no escape. Trying to flee the way you came in takes you deeper into a kill zone. Your counter-ambush tactic needs to be an immediate response with overwhelming force, to engage a sector of the enemy and push through them. To gain cover and take as much control over the engagement as you can. You can't go back, you can't stay where you are now. You must push, hard, now. Secure a position where you can gain an advantage and choose an effective disengagement.

    Trying to just run away will get you all slaughtered.

    You can be on my team.
  • Cujo wrote: »
    I'm very disappointed in the 15%. You have just made a tactical mistake and will all probably be dead soon. "a radiant burst of energy surrounds us, temporarily halting our movement. Another group of adventurers is closing in, weapons at the ready."

    This is describing an ambush. You are already in the kill zone. And a well planned ambush leaves no escape. Trying to flee the way you came in takes you deeper into a kill zone. Your counter-ambush tactic needs to be an immediate response with overwhelming force, to engage a sector of the enemy and push through them. To gain cover and take as much control over the engagement as you can. You can't go back, you can't stay where you are now. You must push, hard, now. Secure a position where you can gain an advantage and choose an effective disengagement.

    Trying to just run away will get you all slaughtered.

    You can stay and fight, while I will just... Fade Away~ Fade Away~
    giphy.gif
    KkvMmA5.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Early Alpha One Tester
    Damokles wrote: »
    Cujo wrote: »
    I'm very disappointed in the 15%. You have just made a tactical mistake and will all probably be dead soon. "a radiant burst of energy surrounds us, temporarily halting our movement. Another group of adventurers is closing in, weapons at the ready."

    This is describing an ambush. You are already in the kill zone. And a well planned ambush leaves no escape. Trying to flee the way you came in takes you deeper into a kill zone. Your counter-ambush tactic needs to be an immediate response with overwhelming force, to engage a sector of the enemy and push through them. To gain cover and take as much control over the engagement as you can. You can't go back, you can't stay where you are now. You must push, hard, now. Secure a position where you can gain an advantage and choose an effective disengagement.

    Trying to just run away will get you all slaughtered.

    You can stay and fight, while I will just... Fade Away~ Fade Away~
    giphy.gif

    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Could we simply throw them the cursed gem we picked on the way? I might be enough to at least confuse them and give us an advantage.
Sign In or Register to comment.