Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Chapter Five: A Cleric’s Call

jta5-1920x1080.jpg

⏳ Just in time, our tank rushes forward and blocks the incoming enemy attack. A blast of light shoots from their mage’s staff and half our group is knocked down.

💖 Our cleric prepares to take an action - what spell should they use?

💥Damnation (damage foes)
💖Benediction (heal allies)
community_management.gif

Chapter Five: A Cleric’s Call 111 votes

💥Damnation (damage foes)
39% 44 votes
💖Benediction (heal allies)
60% 67 votes

Comments

• A nice steady Heal Over Time, please, Mr Cleric Sir, while we get back on our feet!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Damnit, should have went with the mage. Tanks are good at soaking damage not preventing it.

Now our cleric has to burn themselves out healing.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • edited December 2020
    Sathrago wrote: »
    burn themselves out

Isn't that like...their whole job though?! 🤔
    community_management.gif
  • This reminds me of a skill in TERA that the Priest had that would stand up your entire group from a knockdown. That would be super useful in a situation like this. :)
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Heals please. Also, bagsy that staff :D
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Kill themselfs. the only good cleric is a dead one
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • SathragoSathrago Member
    edited December 2020
    Sathrago wrote: »
    burn themselves out

Isn't that like...their whole job though?! 🤔

nah grill you want your clerics to be dishing out those sweet sweet damage spells and buffs. The best healing is a dead enemy that cant damage you.

But you cant do that with your party standing in the "blast of light".
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Nagash wrote: »

Nagash! You look...... christmasy
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

Nagash! You look...... christmasy

Tis the season
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • KatakKatak Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yea, Damnation. We don't need healing yet, especially if it looks like the floaty stuff in the image.
  • voidshadowvoidshadow Member
    edited December 2020
    Damnation of course. Cleric stepping forward like :smile:

f438add6-fc4c-44a4-9b14-7726fae26262.gif
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Definitely need some time to get back into the game. A heal will help us buy that necessary time!

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • AmarAmar Member
    edited December 2020
    Leiloni wrote: »
    This reminds me of a skill in TERA that the Priest had that would stand up your entire group from a knockdown. That would be super useful in a situation like this. :)

See nobody ever listens...if Tanky hadn't gone first coulda used Crowd Control Break to fix what just happened and we wouldn't need a heal yet. Unfortunately now we do so they don't kill us while we're laying on the ground. Hard to fight with a knockdown spell on us...
  • I suddenly remembered an old old day from vanilla wow
    When our 5-men group had unknowingly invited a shadow priest who refused to heal at all.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

(psst, we found his weakness)

Clerics, you're up!!

Mages who weren't knocked over, prepare for counterattack!
    Archers at the ready!

Rogues- ... where'd they go?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • If Tanky hadn't gone first, we'd have been floored by the incoming Dwarf AND hit by their Mage.

Good ol' Tanky!
  • daveywavey wrote: »
    If Tanky hadn't gone first, we'd have been floored by the incoming Dwarf AND hit by their Mage.

Good ol' Tanky!

Look man by the time the tank had waddled up to the front the mage could have cast at least 2 spells.
  • image-2020-12-03-130138.png
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2020
    Actually I would have used Hallowed Ground doing both damage to enemies and healing allies.
    Benediction appears to be a single target spell, not too efficient for a group.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited December 2020
    FYI: Benediction is a Chain Heal for up to three targets.

Assuming it doesn't chain even further at higher ranks.
  • AmarAmar Member
    edited December 2020
    maouw wrote: »

(psst, we found his weakness)

Clerics, you're up!!

Mages who weren't knocked over, prepare for counterattack!
    Archers at the ready!

Rogues- ... where'd they go?

This Rogue got knocked down so went to stelth hoping the next attack isn't a general area AOE... So I can get back in the fight...🤞😂🖖
  • Just thinking that's what just happened and what could have been a counter...😉
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is what happens when you let the tank go first vs the mage. The group gets CC'd.
    Should have gone fireball to the face.
    Damnation FTW!
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • VirulentVirulent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    "Half Knocked Down" NOT "Half are damaged"

They don't need a healing skill right not. In fact, ya'll need to learn your cleric skills. Benediction isn't a HoT (Heal over Time) , it's a chained direct heal. It's not what is needed right now.

What you need is for your group to recover from being knocked down (CC).

The correct choice of skill is Damnation. A skilled up cleric, will have the highest levels of this skill, which provides a snare to the primary target that PBAoE around primary target, to snare other enemies nearby. The enemy is all bunched up tight together right now. Take advantage of their mistake.

CC the enemy with Damnation, while the enemy is snared, your allies can get up from being knocked down. This is the correct choice.

Learn your classes. xD
  • daveywavey wrote: »
    image-2020-12-03-130138.png

This is NOT an approved Tulnar race! Maybe another Dwarf offshoot?
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • What Cujo said.
  • SathragoSathrago Member
    edited December 2020
    Cujo wrote: »
    "Half Knocked Down" NOT "Half are damaged"

They don't need a healing skill right not. In fact, ya'll need to learn your cleric skills. Benediction isn't a HoT (Heal over Time) , it's a chained direct heal. It's not what is needed right now.

What you need is for your group to recover from being knocked down (CC).

The correct choice of skill is Damnation. A skilled up cleric, will have the highest levels of this skill, which provides a snare to the primary target that PBAoE around primary target, to snare other enemies nearby. The enemy is all bunched up tight together right now. Take advantage of their mistake.

CC the enemy with Damnation, while the enemy is snared, your allies can get up from being knocked down. This is the correct choice.

Learn your classes. xD

Well excuse me for not thinking a snare is worth the global cooldown when your party has either been knocked down or damaged. Now if it was an actual hard cc you would have a point. But a snare is a silly choice They have a mage.
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I don't know because I ran away. I didn't have a group anyway. It was just me. I was alone when I found the orange gem. Now I'm lying under a tree on top of a hill trying to think of orange gem names. Tangerine is that one? That sounds like a gem name. I should find out how much it's worth before I trade it with someone.
    fNX2ISa.png