Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

QOTD:How serious do YOU plan on taking this game when it launches?

i'm not sure if ill be able to get on tomorrow so ill be posting it now
self explanatory tittle, do you plan on sinking thousands of hours in the first year or two after launch, play the game as a casual player or sink 10000 hours into the game in the first 2 years of launch like me?
tell me why you made the choice YOU made!
854168_cannonbreed_dark-souls-bonfire.gif?f1553090073

Comments

• 10000 hours in the first 2 years would mean 14 hours a day
  • YuquiyuYuquiyu Member
    edited December 2020
    Warth wrote: »
    10000 hours in the first 2 years would mean 14 hours a day

yep im planning on dropping everything else and no lifing the game when it comes out
    chronic insomnia also helps out + no life kekw
  • I definitely plan on playing as much as I can! I've been wanting to join a MMO community for some time now but the ones out there haven't sparked that interest for me like AoC has. I very much plan on being an invested in this game for the long run. Even though I've only recently discovered this game, I'm already pouring through the wiki and online content just so that I can be ready for its launch!
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I will no life the game in alpha 2. I would no life it in alpha 1 if I had it. I assuming that the game is as good as my imagination tells me it will be. I would drop all other games for it.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • I'm gonna put in a whole lot of hours.
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2020
    This game is going to consume my time more than I care to admit. Building a community/guild, holding down our chunk of the map and mastering my artisan path won't be a quick feat : ).

@Vhaeyne I am missing out on alpha 1 because I discovered the game too late unfortunately. Glad there are others who are feeling my exact same pain lol. I won't be playing anything else when AOC is unleashed.
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'll be playing fairly casually. Got too many other interests these days to devote all of my none working hours to gaming. Been there, done that.
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would say 6 hours a days, I wish it was more but life is still going on
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • I would really like to stream the game when it comes out and create content on youtube leading up to it- like so many people here I have many grievances with the traditional MMORPG model and I truly feel Ashes of Creation will be the game to break the standard of a very dated genre. So I also plan on 14 hours per day lol

also love the signature, i stole it <3
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What's this no life stuff people talk about. My life is playing MMO's as much as I can 14+ hours a day and loving it. Though will still be time for the gym and all the other day to day chores, I think sleep might be the one that gets cut.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Can't say, AoC does look very promising, but I'll stay "cautiously optimistic" until I actually get a chance to try it.

And on top of that I probably only have ~ 2 hrs of gaming time per day until I retire.
  • And on top of that I probably only have ~ 2 hrs of gaming time per day until I retire.

Companion App! Woop!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Going to hit it hard and hopefully it's potential is reached.

Really need a new mmo to sink countless time into. Been playing mmos since 2001; so many games, so many companies, so many promises, so many disappointments. I have hopes Ashes pulls it off though, I truly do, and if they do, they will have my time and commitment.
  • Exactly 59 minutes per year. I know... hard core.
  • Once AoC is released I will be playing it as my second, "job"
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2020
    I plan to make this the last MMO I play, I'm old and I want to be a important member of the Ashes community . I believe this game has everything I'm looking for. That being said I work from home, so 12-16 hour log in's are not uncommon.
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Santanico I'm in the same boat. This will be my last MMORPG I ever play. After wow I was able to kick them all and avoid everything but survival/shooting games like EFT and Overwatch. I'm no longer "addicted" to the mmorpg genre which is a great feeling and it took a lot for me to agree to get into AOC. That being said, I am all in this one last time!
  • HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2020
    This will probably be my main game (~5h a day) until something like SAO is possible
  • MichaelMichael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I will definitely be maxing out on PTO then taking it all at once for launch.
  • If I could put 3-5 hours, 5 days a week I would be happy. Real life would probably reduce that to 2-3 hours 3 or 4 days a week tho.
  • If the game is as good as I think it'll be then it might be the last MMO I play assuming it doesn't die. I'm just glad to try a game in the old MMO style again because WoW kind of reshaped the genre when that came out. It didn't do so in the best way after they changed it drastically in cataclysm. The classes feel boring now and want to play a game that actually cares about how unique the classes are.

Balance is important but when you use what I call the WC2 balancing strategy of everything essentially being the same on both sides it leads to just having the same play style no matter what class you choose. Which sucks. xD

As such I'll probably convert my WoW time to Ashes time and that would be about 6-8 hours a day. I'm disabled so it's essentially all my free time.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Planning on no-lifing the first 3-4 months and after that play as much as possible according to Real Life work and stuff. but the first 3-4 months? Live and Breathe AoC!
    [Fortunes Wrath] https://fortuneswrath.com/
    Cleric
    giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fyppzyr6egwlqfok7dpffkpeteji5hhvcq9kkqbqb&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Like tops 4 hours a day. Maybe 6 hours if I have some free time? Not a chance that I'm putting my life aside for a game.

That being said, I love doing guild managerial stuff so I'd probably spend extended periods of time outside the game managing that.

I do NOT want my experience to take less than 4-6 months. This is just about non post-game content. Ofc this will be several alts, and a long amount of time doing artisan skills and not just levelling, but still.
  • I am going to join when it launches in May (fingers crossed). I have a lot going on next year so going to level slow and work on crafting. I am in it for the long haul if it pans out to be what we all hope. Mainly weekend play the first year with 4-6 hours during the week.

• Warth wrote: »
    10000 hours in the first 2 years would mean 14 hours a day
    Zanders wrote: »
    I am going to join when it launches in May (fingers crossed). I have a lot going on next year so going to level slow and work on crafting. I am in it for the long haul if it pans out to be what we all hope. Mainly weekend play the first year with 4-6 hours during the week.

launches on may? i think your talking about the 1month long alpha 1 test for alpha 1 test users and above
    thats not a launch
    launch isnt set but most people are saying it could be up to 2-3 years from now lol
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2020
    If it launches among AAA titles, then perhaps it will need to shine harder to get a hook on the player base, or perhaps if launched during a quieter period, maybe it has a chance to let players get sufficiently engrossed and committed such that other titles become less appealing.

So for me, how serious this is played will largely depend on the timing of the release and the status of the market it is entering and perhaps also how much content and polish it has achieved to keep me from wandering..
  • ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Have a full time job and being a parent, plus interests outside of gaming so maybe 2-3 hours a day during the work week. Weekends very I'll either play 5+ hours or just when I can get on. It just really depends, but I'm really looking forward to the game. :)
    "Bravery only means something to those who are afraid of death."
  • @Yuquiyu shh, don't destroy his dreams
  • OK I just glanced really quick and looked but thought maybe get a quick answer here..At what stage of testing is AOC in right now ? 2nd question What are the chances of what ever stage of testing its in of me paying what ever to get in or what would be the earlist time to get in ? I was keeping up awhile back but got tired of waiting and went back to playing another game I dont think I am allowed to say..Anyways I am just looking for something new and that is deceit and that does not have a release date of 2024 for these few here and ok yeah these few here, oh but wait you guys over here have to wait for like 6 months..I have been out of MMOs for awhile and back into them about 8 months ago and I am starting to see a pattern with these games coming out..I dont mind paying, but it sux paying $375. to play a game six months later or longer..
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2020
    Veriable wrote: »
    OK I just glanced really quick and looked but thought maybe get a quick answer here..At what stage of testing is AOC in right now ? 2nd question What are the chances of what ever stage of testing its in of me paying what ever to get in or what would be the earlist time to get in ? I was keeping up awhile back but got tired of waiting and went back to playing another game I dont think I am allowed to say..Anyways I am just looking for something new and that is deceit and that does not have a release date of 2024 for these few here and ok yeah these few here, oh but wait you guys over here have to wait for like 6 months..I have been out of MMOs for awhile and back into them about 8 months ago and I am starting to see a pattern with these games coming out..I dont mind paying, but it sux paying $375. to play a game six months later or longer..

Alpha one testing starts next week. You cant get onto that now. For $250 you can get into alpha 2 testing but we don't know when that will be. Full release is probably at least 2 years away, but again we don't know, this is just speculation.
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium