Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What kind of games are you all into? Any Dark Souls Fans here?

Asking that makes me wonder what kind of games this community enjoys- I would imagine various MMORPGS but wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of players from hardcore titles such as Dark Souls as well. I think the imagery of Dark Souls and Ashes of Creation is similar, though not as gothic perhaps. The concepts of ashes and fire as symbolism for rebirth and a cycle of self sustaining consumption are concepts I think both games use in their design! What games do you play and why do they appeal to you?
854168_cannonbreed_dark-souls-bonfire.gif?f1553090073

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Mainly RTS's, 4X or RPGs
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Single player RPG's! Witcher 3, Skyrim, AC Odyssey, Horizon Zero Dawn.
    I also enjoy playing World of Warships and League of Legends.
  • Options
    Love me some league lol- I like Age of Empires and some of the Civ games as well. I love RPGs, though I don't play open world games unless they have good multiplayer, which is a rarity it seems.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm definitely a fan of the Dark Souls games, and in my opinion modern mmorpgs could learn a lot from the Dark Souls design.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    Just getting back into gaming after a long break (computer was too old, ten years old). Got lucky and did a full upgrade a month ago and managed to get my hands on a 3060 Ti... Back in the day it was EQ1/2, SWG, and other mmos, Elder Scroll series from the start thru Skyrim. Now tinkering with Balder's Gate 3, and next up is some Cyberpunk next week... and of course when Ashes comes out :)
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    MMORPGs, Survival Sandbox, and Shmups. Probably in that order. I prefer MMOs and Survival Sandbox games for the socialization. When I am playing a game Solo I like Shmups for the challenge.

Every now and then I'll play a "Regular" AAA game. I want to play Cyberpunk next week but it will have to wait a few weeks. FFXIV and WOW really screw me over releasing their raids at the same time next week. Gonna try and do three days per game. Might be a dumb Idea.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Shoklen wrote: »
    Just getting back into gaming after a long break (computer was too old, ten years old). Got lucky and did a full upgrade a month ago and managed to get my hands on a 3060 Ti.

Trying to get my hands on a 3060 TI myself.

As for the OP I've been playing GW2, Deep Rock Galactic, Squad here and there and some random RPGs. I'm gonna drop everything to play cyberpunk though.

I love shooters but I'm pretty burnt out after putting thousands of hours into CS, Tarkov, Squad, and Siege.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited December 2020
    Ds3 was my first. Great game and I actually played it as a duo with a friend.
    I was hoping for PC demon souls.
    Sekiro is also very nice.
    Neoh was a failure

I like many type of games. The list is long.
  • Options
    Right now. Crying suns.
    PRetty solid indie title.

In 3 Days. Cyberpunk.
    That game is gonna keep me entertained for a couple month at least.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited December 2020
    Oh yes, time to plug my favorite game.......I'm playing RoR (Return of Reckoning, which is Warhammer Online brought back on a private server). Been going strong for 4+ years now with a very active community. It's completely free to play and open to anyone who wants to join. If you would like to check it out all you need to do is create an account, DL the client and start playing!

And I can only serve one master so that's all I'm playing atm (even playing the AoC forums is dangerous :) )
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    Star Wars Galaxies.... man what a great game.

I first played DS3 with a friend as well! A lot more fun that way imo

I'll have to look into RoR, looks interesting!
  • Options
    HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Im mostly into PvP games like League, CS or WoT, but also enjoy challenging singe players like Bloodborne, Cuphead or Getting over it. So i hope the difficulty of AoC isnt too low.
  • Options
    Oh and cyberpunk soooooooon
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    RPG's and RTS mainly. Played League Casually since beta. Played Dark Souls in the order of Dark Souls, Demon Souls, DS2, Bloodborne, and DS3. Recently been playing wow since new stuff released on that, but I can't say I'm that happy with how that game's direction is going. Ashes might slap that game around like a red headed step child when that releases during one of their drop off periods.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    RPG's and RTS mainly. Played League Casually since beta. Played Dark Souls in the order of Dark Souls, Demon Souls, DS2, Bloodborne, and DS3. Recently been playing wow since new stuff released on that, but I can't say I'm that happy with how that game's direction is going. Ashes might slap that game around like a red headed step child when that releases during one of their drop off periods.

oh what RTSs ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Wc1, WC2, WC3, Starcraft 1, Starcraft 2, C&C, Age of Empires, Age of Mythologies, and probably a lot more I don't remember. I do have Dark Reign installed right now. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Right now I like Battlefront 2 because I can easily jump in, pew pew pew, then jump out.
  • Options
    ioniix wrote: »
    Star Wars Galaxies.... man what a great game.
    Emerald server represent! :)

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I enjoy nearly all genres except First Person Shooters. I can't be bothered to practise precision mouse accuracy. That said - Titanfall 2 was really good!

I just finished bingeing Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 - coz it's on sale.
    It's pretty great - except end game features had way more potential.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    MMORPGs all the way...for some reason single player games can't hold my attention for long, no matter how good the story may be.
    [Fortunes Wrath] https://fortuneswrath.com/
    Cleric
    giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fyppzyr6egwlqfok7dpffkpeteji5hhvcq9kkqbqb&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Options
    I moved on from Minesweeper to Mahjong Solitaire.

It's going to be a long wait......

:(
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »

No Touhou?
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    I moved on from Minesweeper to Mahjong Solitaire.

It's going to be a long wait......

:(

have you tried playing freecell?
    nJ0vUSm.gif