Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Sources of Inspiration

Hey yall, I was thinkin about the current races and the way the world is built, and was wondering where the team drew some of its' inspiration from.

I personally feel there is some inspiration taken from the book series "The Wheel of Time". For some reason, the Aiel remind me of the race(Can't remember their name), where two of the keywords are "nature and fury". There's other places, too, but thought that stuck out for me.

Any others you guys can think of?

Comments

• VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Looks like four classic fantasy races divided into 2 sub races each to give some flavor. Then they added Tulnar in as edge lord bait.

I see just the big races from D&D, and Warhammer fantasy. They gave them all unique names and themes to make them more interesting. I am kinda glad they picked the races that they did. Human, Elf, and Dwarf are standard in fantasy. Orc is a little less common as a main race, but I welcome it over halfling, gnome, goblin, ect. Tulnar is the one that truly strange. It feels like they wanted drow, lizardman, and dragonborn. They just did not want to make a ton of subraces and themes for them so they combined them.

All of this is gut feeling and speculation.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.