[NA] Overlord | Hardcore | Organized PvX | Server First | Alpha/Beta Required - ~260 in A2

124»

Comments

• PhamPham Member
    How can you expect people over 18 (normally people with jobs for the most part) to put in 40 hours a week? I don't understand how that's even possible unless you literally don't sleep, in which case you might be able to live for maybe a week or two before actually dying irl.

tl;dr your requirements are confusing.
    "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." - Ephesians 6:11
  • Pham wrote: »
    How can you expect people over 18 (normally people with jobs for the most part) to put in 40 hours a week? I don't understand how that's even possible unless you literally don't sleep, in which case you might be able to live for maybe a week or two before actually dying irl.

This will separate those guilds who are hardcore from those who are not. This is an expectation at launch and will not be expected permanently.

40hrs = ~5 1/2hrs a day/night. For those who can put their life aside when they get home from work/school and play their heart out will be among the first who can accomplish great things in this game!

I'm 46 now and will not be one who can put in the 40hrs/wk, but I put in that and more when I was able to in my 20's/30's. Its definitely not for everyone. But do not misunderstand. You are referencing the combat guild. There will always be something to assist with no matter the amount of time you're able to commit. So in that sense you're a part of something great!
    d0acomave7kw.png
  • Noomsi wrote: »
    Pham wrote: »

This will separate those guilds who are hardcore from those who are not. This is an expectation at launch and will not be expected permanently.

40hrs = ~5 1/2hrs a day/night. For those who can put their life aside when they get home from work/school and play their heart out will be among the first who can accomplish great things in this game!

I'm 46 now and will not be one who can put in the 40hrs/wk, but I put in that and more when I was able to in my 20's/30's. Its definitely not for everyone. But do not misunderstand. You are referencing the combat guild. There will always be something to assist with no matter the amount of time you're able to commit. So in that sense you're a part of something great!

Correct! @Pham if you are interested in the guild, but are afraid of time commitments at the start of the game, I greatly encourage you to talk to our guild leader, Dracobringer! He'll answer any and everything you're looking for. As for your initial concerns, there is always a place for someone regardless of hours. Noomsi hit the point home with those crazy hours being only a requirement for our combat guild which focuses on high end progression (those server firsts!). Sever first guilds for any game have crazy requirements, commitments, and hours because people in general are rushing for that coveted first place. But again, if you DO wanna be a part of that we greatly need the support of all our members no matter how small they contribute :) hope Noomsi and I helped clarify some things. Any further inquiries please don't hesitate to ask!
  • TenmaTenma Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I found Overlord back in July of 2023 and I wish I found the guild during the phase of Alpha 1 testing. The guild community here is a bunch of high level players who are looking to grow the guild as a whole and that was my main criteria of finding a guild. I'm very excited to work with this guild in the upcoming Alpha 2 testing and encourage anyone to reach out to us and see if this guild is a good fit for you! I'll see you all in the world of Verra!!
  • PaigeSmashPaigeSmash Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've been playing with Overlord since Alpha 1. They are a rare combination of competively mind folks who are also kind and willing to teach. Ashes of Creation is a game where cooperation is the way to be on top and Overlord does that well.
    Leadership listens to their member's expertise and makes solid judgement calls. I hope that if you share those values of our community that you consider working with us!
  • EddieEddie Member
    I was recruited about 3 months ago and I can confirm that Overlord is a serious guild with serious goals. Our guild leader is honest about his aspirations for the coming future -- from Alpha 2, all the the way to launch.

For those who are interested in a community with complete transparency and eagerness to achieve major achievements in AoC, I definitely recommend considering applying for this guild. With Alpha 2 around the corner, I am excited to see what we can accomplish as the game evolves.
  • Come no life A2 with us! We have ~200 people who are going to be actively playing together.
  • Saint100Saint100 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    ^_^
    wcqhUb2.png