Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guess Game: Maintenance Day and Time

JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Hey guys,
I like guess games, specially that game isn't closde to be released.
Anyway my guess would be, if i take in count that Intrepid is in western USA, Tuesdays from 6AM to 10AM EST(3-7 AM PST).

Comments

• Options
    ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I wish , but seems like they so most things on PST so maybe 6-10 pst
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is a a question that has been running around in my head for a year or two now but figured it would not be worth asking until closer to launch. When maintenance will take place for areas like OCE as the usual PST is pretty much our primetime. Now I know that someone has to get the short end of the stick and it makes sense its the low pop part of the world. I was just curious though seeing as someone else has asked.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Varkun wrote: »
    Now I know that someone has to get the short end of the stick
    No they don't.

Intrepid are designating servers for specific regions. Server downtime for such servers should be appropriate for the region. Most games with NA and EU servers have downtime specific to each, adding other regions should simply add to that

The only time it is appropriate to say someone needs to get the short end of the stick is when servers are shared across multiple regions.

• Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Noaani wrote: »
    No they don't.

Intrepid are designating servers for specific regions. Server downtime for such servers should be appropriate for the region. Most games with NA and EU servers have downtime specific to each, adding other regions should simply add to that

The only time it is appropriate to say someone needs to get the short end of the stick is when servers are shared across multiple regions.

I do hope you are right and maintenance is timed for off peak hours in each time zone but I will not be too surprised if it is not.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    It's always UK prime time hours.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    daveywavey wrote: »
    It's always UK prime time hours.

saddly that's true
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    My hope for AOC is it barely has any maintenance. I played Guild Wars 2 (2012 to 2014) and that game had the best maintenance design. Server sends a similar message to players "Maintenance is about to begin, your performance might be affected." After maintenance is completed server sends another message for players to relog. Key point here is players can still play while maintenance is ongoing. After reading a post on reddit, it seems the GW2 maintenance tech is patented.

97% of the MMOs I played have a weekly 3 or 4 hour maintenance, sometimes with extended or/and emergency maintenance on the same day. Weekly maintenance is an old game/server concept that needs to die.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Noaani wrote: »
    No they don't.

I do hope you are right and maintenance is timed for off peak hours in each time zone but I will not be too surprised if it is not.

I would actually be surprised if they didn't do this.

The game needs servers to be up during each regions prime time in order for sieges and such to happen.

If Intrepid themselves designate each server and/or region with a prime time for sieges, and then place regular scheduled maintanence in the middle of that prime time window, that is just going to make them look stupid.

Additionally, if this did happen, I would fully support that region getting a 14.285% discount on their subscription.