Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fundraising ideas for Intrepid

NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
This thread is meant as a brainstorm thread for cool things you would pay money for, that Intrepid isn't doing already.

Short term, long term, it doesn't matter. All I ask is that it is at least somewhat realistic and positive. Bonus-likes from me if the idea improves the ingame experience, other than the money it generates for content.

My idea is one or more fantasy novels based in Verra. These can take place either pre-apocalypse, telling the story of heroes fighting the coming apocalypse for example, or post-apocalypse in the Underrealm, telling the story of life in the beginning for the survivors, for example.

The basic idea is to pay a certain amount up front for the promise of a copy of a novel. Intrepid will use that money to hire a fantasy author to write an epic tale based on Verran lore, essentially. It's a little kick-startery in concept - pre-ordering a book that hasn't been written yet - I know, but I feel the end result could be worth it.

As players we get a physical copy of the book, which, if done right, will help flesh out the lore of the game and thus enhance the ingame experience as well. For example, when exploring some tower ruins in the game, players will recognize that these ruins are where the two Verran adventurers Fotrek and Gelix killed an evil wizard before the apocalypse. E-book and audio book options would be nice too of course.

As you may have guessed from the names of the adventurers, I am a big Warhammer fan. One of the things Games Workshop is doing right is having a bunch of authors writing a bunch of books in the Warhammer setting. Not all are great, but they all add to the immersion of pretty much any warhammer-based game.

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I would pay money for a subscription.

That is about it.
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This was mentioned on another thread, but I hope that one day they implement their own little card game for the taverns, which could then be turned into physical cards to play with.

Plus I'd always be down for posters/normal merch like T-shirts and such. I'm a nerd who likes talking to other nerds, so putting the game/stuff I'm into on a shirt and wearing it is a cool way to notice others who recognize it/start conversations
  • Options
    Once the game is out: Merch. Coffee Mugs, Tees, sweat pants, hoodies, mouse pads. They could even go so far as getting with different peripheral companies and making AoC themed keyboards, headsets, or mice.
  • Options
    Collectors Box-Set: Maps, figures, posters, mouse-mat, etc. Cosmetic skins that don't require me to spend hundreds of dollars before being allowed to buy them.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    ShinasoShinaso Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Collectors Box-Set: Maps, figures, posters, mouse-mat, etc. Cosmetic skins that don't require me to spend hundreds of dollars before being allowed to buy them.

I may add a USB with the installer
    c1f5df869c3428999290c2954317ec5f.png[/center]

• Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Shinaso wrote: »

You mean, so you don't have to download as much?

• Options
    LewtzLewtz Member
    edited January 2021
    Nothing like a 2021 Kickstarter or summer thing or w/e Would pay the 1k again for some of those cool options.. or unlock the ability to buy cosmetics like Kickstarter and Summer Backers will always be able to purchase Pre-Order Pack cosmetics as add-ons but for every tier for everyone for a week or something
  • Options
    ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    Nerror wrote: »
    Shinaso wrote: »

You mean, so you don't have to download as much?

And probably have a cool looking USB
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Options
    Maybe 1 and 2 day head start like some of the kickstarters?
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Highest bidder gets to rename "Tank" archetype.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'd buy a large mouse mat. Like 12x24 or bigger.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    KlawKlaw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    A Collector's Boxset would be great!
    I would love to buy an Artbook of the game as well.
  • Options
    Kelwald wrote: »
    A Collector's Boxset would be great!
    I would love to buy an Artbook of the game as well.

Yes, an artbook would be a great addition to a Collector's Boxset!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/