Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hallo aus Deutschland

Hi liebe Community
ich hoffe diese Fragen wurden nicht schon vermehrt gestellt und ich nur ein Forumlegisteniker bin xD.
Wenn das Spiel denn irgendwann mal erscheint, wird dieses dann auch auf deutsch sein und eine Testversion raus kommen?
Ich stelle mich nämlich schwer damit vorab Geld zu bezahlen ohne zu wissen was denn nun kommt.

Comments

• Options
    Es wird ne Deutsche Übersetzung geben zum Release
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hi there!

Now, Warth answered your question in part at least, so I am going to go off a tangent a bit.

I am Danish, and to me having a game like this translated to Danish would be super weird and just ... off. In games where I get the option to play using the danish translation, I often switch to English. I know I am not alone in this here in Denmark.

I understand Germans are more used to dubbing of movies and translation of media/games than we are, but my question is, is it just generally appreciated and accepted to have German translations of games, and to use them if they are available? Or do you also have many people not liking the translated versions at all, and preferring English?
  • Options
    MaciejMaciej Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nerror wrote: »
    I understand Germans are more used to dubbing of movies and translation of media/games than we are, but my question is, is it just generally appreciated and accepted to have German translations of games, and to use them if they are available? Or do you also have many people not liking the translated versions at all, and preferring English?

It's a mixed bag AFAIK. Between Germany, Switzerland, and Austria you have a pretty large German speaking population, so localization typically makes sense. There is a large population, particularly older people in former East, who never had English at school, so that's a factor that sets expectations too.

You can typically find both dubbed and OV games and movies being popular. There are some scenarios where only a German dubbed version is available but those are pretty rare and usually an exception (e.g. some Wolfenstein games had to have swastikas censored, and to avoid having two separate localizations the only version available was the dubbed one).
  • Options
    naibaf82naibaf82 Member
    edited July 2021
    Wäre doch auch schön wenn es hier im Forum eine Deutsche Kategorie oder Unter Kategorie gibt.