Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will the be testing for low end systems?

Good Day, I'm SpinalPrizon and I can't wait to become a player, this game looks AWESOME!

My questions is, will you be running out Alpha/Beta tests on lower end systems such as mine?

I am running a Intel Xeon L5408 with 4GB RAM of and a Nvidia GT 730 2GB.

Would Ashes of Creation be optimized for such systems?

Regards

SpinalPrizon

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Not speaking for the DEVs here, but in general I would not expect a Unreal Engine 4 MMORPG of this scope to get optimized that hard. I know some programmers are sorcerers, but there are limits to even the most powerful magics.

You got a few years, I would budget for upgrades and pray that the market clears up. I don't recommend upgrading this moment. Most people are expecting the market to improve over time.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don`t know when you bought your pc but that processor came out in around 2008.

If your pc was bought anytime around that, then it is quite old.

Most pc`s have an expected life span of only around 3-5 years, beyond that they are at risk of death and an unplanned replacement. Always better to plan a replacement than not.

Suggest work on the basis the game is not likely to be out for a year or 2 more and work towards a replacement around the time.
  • Options
    Would they optimize their game to run on outdated hardware? No. Your computer is severely outdated, I'd recommend an upgrade.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited February 2021
    My questions is, will you be running out Alpha/Beta tests on lower end systems such as mine?

I am running a Intel Xeon L5408 with 4GB RAM of and a Nvidia GT 730 2GB.
    The problem with this system is less to do with it's age, and more to do with the fact that it isn't actually a gaming computer.

Your CPU is a server chip, and your graphics card is basically one designed to replace onboard graphics without providing any further benefit.

While your computer is indeed old, I can see computers from the same vintage being able to run this game. An Intel Core i-7 965 Extreme Edition along with an Nvidia GTX 780Ti would run the game just fine, and both components here are from the same vintage as your components. That wouldn't run the game well, but with some tweaks I could see it running it - just.

So, rather than the age of your computer being the major issue, the major issue is that your computer is a server, not a gaming PC.
  • Options
    BlandmarrowBlandmarrow Member
    edited February 2021
    Like the others are saying, your computer is both old and was not intended to play games on, so it will most likely not hold a candle to Ashes of Creation.

You should save up and upgrade your computer either when the market is good or closer to the launch of the game.

Looking at the current market of computer hardware it's safe to say it's not a good time to upgrade. In EU I currently have to pay DOUBLE the price from a retail store with probably a few months of waiting time to get a Graphics Card.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They, like many other things have addressed this. Intrepid plans for a 5 year legacy system at launch. What that means, if your hardware or software is under 5 years old, you should be able to play the game without issues. Of course the closer you are to that legacy date your "experience" may be impacted. Those planning to play on 10 year old systems running Win7 are going to be out of luck.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg