Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Pre-Order pack stepping stones

pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
edited February 2021 in General Discussion
Greetings adventurer!

Have you seen my brother, Olfred? He was hunting rats near the old--

Ehem.

I would like to humbly request that a few more levels of pre-order packs be added between Warrior of Old and Braver of Worlds.

Not to parry with words, but I like to sneak up things, you see. My mother didn't give me terribly long legs, I suppose. I'm quite appreciative of the woodwrights around these parts. They make the most useful -and some quite fetching!- barrels and crates of all manner and size. Why just the other fortnight, out past the east mill, just over the ridge there sat this comely crate under the storehouse window. An invitation to be sure! A rude man I shall never be, so I humbly accept the offer and nipped in.
The hospitality was pert near royal! My heart warmed as my belly filled.

I've been, of late, upgrading my pack each month, funds allowing. Some months I have naught but lint in my pockets, supposing the missus stays out of the wine barrel, and the kids fetch enough clams by the shore.
I admit some times the error is mine. Whats a man to do? That blacksmith is a scandalous skulk if there ever was one! It falls to me to ply him with ale to forestall anything terribly uncouth, and it would be quite rude if I didn't share in a few with him, we are friends after all!

After much toil and perseverance (usually hiding the wine skin from that lush I'm married to), I've attained the rank of Warrior of Old. The next royal patronage is the Braver of Worlds, at 300 shinies! Just the effort to imagine counting that high has me dunking my head in the river!
My Pa always said 'small bites', the tidesnapper never minded him none, that's why he only had 3 fingers on his left hand, but I took it to heart!

Comments

• Options
    sarkadosarkado Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Good luck with that... Kickstarter was the initial platform used to advertise and build following for the game. You are requesting they spend extra time and resources to create new pack levels on a platform that has served its purpose.

They continually update their new ashes shop with monthly cosmetics. So the thought of having to create a new static tier on Kickstarter which again was used back in 2017 is really not viable for any reason. If you like certain items from their current monthly shops, just buy those items directly. The one final perk you are privy to that others wouldn't be is if you save up money for the Braver of Worlds pack so you don't have a monthly sub in the future. Even if they made new tiers they would not change the level at which you would receive that perk which again in my opinion would just lead to more wasted time, where they could be focusing on the actual game.

• Options
    sarkado wrote: »
    Good luck with that... Kickstarter was the initial platform used to advertise and build following for the game. You are requesting they spend extra time and resources to create new pack levels on a platform that has served its purpose.

They continually update their new ashes shop with monthly cosmetics. So the thought of having to create a new static tier on Kickstarter which again was used back in 2017 is really not viable for any reason. If you like certain items from their current monthly shops, just buy those items directly. The one final perk you are privy to that others wouldn't be is if you save up money for the Braver of Worlds pack so you don't have a monthly sub in the future. Even if they made new tiers they would not change the level at which you would receive that perk which again in my opinion would just lead to more wasted time, where they could be focusing on the actual game.

Ehh?

You can still buy into higher tiers of pledge from the AoC shop. Kickstarter has nothing to do with this.

So again, eh?
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'll pledge you $100 if you can find other people to get the other $200 for BoW
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    maouw wrote: »
    I'll pledge you $100 if you can find other people to get the other $200 for BoW

/e narrows his eyes at you, suspicion tilting his salted mustache
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited March 2021
    The one final perk you are privy to that others wouldn't be is if you save up money for the Braver of Worlds pack so you don't have a monthly sub in the future.
    The lifetime subscription was a Kickstarter exclusive. New Braver's won't receive it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios/description
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi pyreal

I can understand the frustration of trying to save up a lot of money in one go to upgrade but I don't believe Intrepid have any intention of offering anything in between the 2 packs since the majority of people can't even get them anymore.

Good luck with your saving.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    BlackaceBlackace Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    The one final perk you are privy to that others wouldn't be is if you save up money for the Braver of Worlds pack so you don't have a monthly sub in the future.
    The lifetime subscription was a Kickstarter exclusive. New Braver's won't receive it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios/description

After seeing your post I inquired to the help desk, as I've recently purchased the Braver pack.

Greetings

When you upgraded to the Braver of Worlds package from your Explorer package, you got everything that came with the Kickstarter Braver of Worlds package. I know that it doesn't show in your inventory, but the lifetime subscription is part of the Braver of Worlds package. So you are good. :)

Adam
    Intrepid Studios
    Customer Support

• Options
    Cool beans, thanks Bkack
    Blackace wrote: »

After seeing your post I inquired to the help desk, as I've recently purchased the Braver pack.

Greetings

When you upgraded to the Braver of Worlds package from your Explorer package, you got everything that came with the Kickstarter Braver of Worlds package. I know that it doesn't show in your inventory, but the lifetime subscription is part of the Braver of Worlds package. So you are good. :)

Adam
    Intrepid Studios
    Customer Support

Cool beans, thanks.
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited March 2021
    Blackace wrote: »

Greetings

Adam
    Intrepid Studios
    Customer Support

Since you brought it up, I looked into it more. The summer crowdfunding also has a lifetime sub as a summer exclusive.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Braver_of_worlds

So, there it is. Exclusive may not mean exclusive and anything marked as exclusive may become available again. We have no way to know. Although, I do see that it actually costs 10% more for the summer version than the Kickstarter. So, exclusive for any given thing may just mean exclusive at that particular price.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited March 2021
    Exclusive may not mean exclusive and anything marked as exclusive may become available again. We have no way to know. Although, I do see that it actually costs 10% more for the summer version than the Kickstarter. So, exclusive for any given thing may just mean exclusive at that particular price.
    Yeah that was the BS justification for offering the lifetime sub again after lying to us and saying it was exclusive. Fortunately as far as I know Intrepid hasn’t pulled that stunt again, otherwise I’d be seriously concerned about this game. I can forgive one mistake, especially if they thought they were doing the right thing (offering it to people who didn’t have a payment method accepted by Kickstarter). If they decided to offer it again though, I’d be done giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I don’t see a problem letting a KS backer receive it through upgrading. Remember they said it was exclusive to Kickstarter. By restricting it to existing backers who upgrade, they aren’t being fraudulent, because that still preserves the exclusivity that they advertised.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeah that part with the summer backing was a bit shady but since it was given a somewhat acceptable excuse of allowing people with alternate payment methods to also get it I was fine (it was marketed as an extension to the kickstarter campaign and KS backers still received more in the end) I'm happy others could get it but I really hope Intrepid will not pull this kind of stunt again.