Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Missing professions?

MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I studied the wiki and while all the professions look exciting, there seem to be some core proessions missing.

Gathering:
Farming
Fishing
Herbalism
Lumberjacking
Mining
Taming

Porcessing
Animal Husbandry
Smelting

Crafting
Alchemy
Balcksmithing
Armorsmithing
Weaponsmithing
Carpentry
Cooking
Jewelcrafting
Scribe
Shipbuilding
Siegeweapon

A few professions I am missing and think would really add to the game are:

Skinning: While there is a skinning knife (and it implies that anyone can skin) I belive adding a gathering profession for it would be good. There are good, bad and skilled skinners, and a profession connected to it will reflect that. Some people cant skin, and thats why people without the skinning profession should not be able to skin. Skinning would be connected armorsmithing and carpentry.

Upgraded scribe
You have tomes as weapons in this game. Scribes should be able to make these weapons. Also, scribes should be able to do some form of buffing tomes for special uses. Extra xp, more loot, less death penalty etc. These tomes should compliment alchemy potions.

Enchanting
I believe scribe and enchanting are two completly different things, they should be split up. Enchanters use mystical spells, energy or aura to create magical enchantments on items. This feels like a different world than writing a little book or love letter or creating a rune.

Which professions do you feel are missing? Which professions do you feel should change a bit from the current iteration of them?

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    We do not have all of the Artisan system. We know there are soft-confirmed other processing section.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    So hot take time, what do you guys think about enchanting being a processing profession?
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sathrago wrote: »
    So hot take time, what do you guys think about enchanting being a processing profession?

Enchanting 100% should be a processing profession. I believe processors will also take control of the freeholds we build. Blueprints and all that jazz.