Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Root of Conquest

MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
edited April 2021 in Announcements
Voyager_Plus.jpg

Though originally relegated to the remote hills that served as their homes, the lofty ambitions of the Empyrean leadership of eld would not be left to stagnate and wither away. A steady rate of expansion has seen the fledgling empire grow to prodigious size, their desire for victory fueling the need for adaptability and practicality. No goal is beyond their reach, for they are as patient and inexorable as the grand canopies that have presided over them for many centuries.

The Root of Conquest cosmetic add-ons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from March 3, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until April 7, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that the Lustrous Cordiality addons will be removed on March 3, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2021-03-02-the-root-of-conquest
marketing.gif

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2021
    OMG. I asked for a Chariot in the forums months ago...You guys have given us a Chariot! Thank you so much. I can't believe my luck!

Edit: @Cypher is the above boob armour to your liking mate? Not sure if you've seen it so I thought I'd ping you. All the best, Neu.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    ZarsZars Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    if the game continue with amazing skins and cosmetics.... i will need talk with my bank hahahaha and waiting for alpha 1 too... so hard.
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited March 2021
    Seems to me that the chariot should be a mount and not a caravan. If I didn't know better and saw that in game I wouldn't believe it was a caravan. Also it would have made a fantastic mount.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    T Elf wrote: »
    Seems to me that the chariot should be a mount and not a caravan. If I didn't know better and saw that in game I wouldn't believe it was a caravan. Also it would have made a fantastic mount.

Agreed. A chariot would never be practical for heavy goods transportation
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    I don't want to paste all of the other obscure caravans to point out how common the issue is in terms of realistic applications in terms of carrying capacities.

I hope we stand in the Chariot though. Would hate to sit on one of the mounts like Steven did in the gameplay video a while back.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    I don't want to paste all of the other obscure caravans to point out how common the issue is in terms of realistic applications in terms of carrying capacities.

I hope we stand in the Chariot though. Would hate to sit on one of the mounts like Steven did in the gameplay video a while back.

true but this fits a mount much better
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Yeah, I can't argue. My initial thoughts were for a Mount. Even so, I have the Chariot Caravan and if they do stretch to a Chariot Mount I'll get that too. Chariots are a passion of mine as you know ;)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    That I do ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    lol pink knight ...
    please margaret , need dark knight theme
    𝐎𝐬𝐬𝐚 𝐭𝐮𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐛 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • Options
    zotua wrote: »
    lol pink knight ...
    please margaret , need dark knight theme

We had one a few months back
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    QockQock Member
    That is one yoked rabbit.
  • Options
    TycanTycan Member, Alpha One
    I'm just picturing one of the Dünzenkell Dwarves on the lightfoot Leveret mount :smiley:
    [URL="[/URL]
    [URL="Discord[/URL]
    [url=[img][/img]
  • Options
    Elf + Roman legion... I like it
  • Options
    Planning on playing as an Orc and I can't stop thinking of him in roman legion armor now lol.
  • Options
    HawkwoodHawkwood Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

This is the package I went all in on. My main will be an Empyrean dex based weapon master, So yeah this was right up my alley. That being said... I do wish they would make the chariot a mount, and the bunny a pet. I like the sheep and the Lore behind it, But they had a goat or something awhile back that looked like it could take this sheep's lunch money.
  • Options
    EnvoyEnvoy Member
    Nagash wrote: »

Agreed. A chariot would never be practical for heavy goods transportation

Do we have anymore updates on that? I bought it back then and I still don't understand why we should ride on a baby donkey instead of driving a NICE CHARIOT :(
    roma invicta