DEMO??

Hello everyone.

I already have a package purchased for the alpha, but what about the rest of the players? will there be some kind of DEMO for them to try the game? That is, you can play the game for a couple of days for free to try it, or you can play up to character level 5 ... or something like that? I am clear that I am going to play, but perhaps some of the teammates that I try to bring to the game do not want to start paying if later they are not going to like the game.

All the best!!

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    With no box cost, the price of looking at the game to see if you like it is only $15.

Since the game will require a subscription anyway, the people that can afford to play the game would be able to afford $15 to try it.

Perhaps when the game is a few years old they could look at a trial or some such.
  • The few people that I have signed up to play, I know that they will play on my first impressions and I know that they will prove without any doubt even if it is the first month. But I also think that potential players will be lost just because they think they have to create an account, give their bank details, pay and then don't like the game. (no matter how much money you have, it is not a question of more or less).

But hey, initially, I don't care.

All the best.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They have said that if they do a trial server that it will be separate from the regular servers. Free trials is how you get gold seller spam and bot accounts. They are aware and will make sure to segregate that population away from their regular servers if they even decide to ever do one.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Also keep in mind that hackers will use trial servers as testing grounds for their inventions.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited March 2021
    I don't normally get a demo of games that I play. I just research them and if I like the look of them, I buy them. Sure, I get stung sometimes if they turn out bad, but that's just how it goes. If someone's that hard up that they can't afford $15 for a month of trying a game, then they likely won't be able to afford the $15 a month to play the game after that, either.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think the last "Demo" I played was on a Play Station 1 disk...
    Still before that I would just read about games in magazines. Back in the before times...

Now you can just watch some try hard on twitch and know if the game is for you or not really quickly.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • PC-GAMER-Magazine-CD-ROM-DISK-23-APRIL-1996.jpg

Anyone old enough to remember these bad boys? Now thats a demo.

Noaani wrote: »
    With no box cost, the price of looking at the game to see if you like it is only $15.

Can't stress this enough though.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bearheart wrote: »

Yes, and WC2 was better than WC3. I am firm on that.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Bearheart wrote: »

Yes, and WC2 was better than WC3. I am firm on that.

oh, abso-freaking-loutely.