Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

So, I have a guild full of pirates...

Is Jahlon doing his Q&A spam thing again?

Seems like there are a LOT of the same questions again...
This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Would make a good drinking game.

Drink rum per pirate guild question.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    You'd be totally bladdered by the end.
  • Options
    Remember to drink the unofficial drink of Ashes of Creation:
    grimbergen-double-ambree-33cl-plus-glass_double-ambree_large_opti.png
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Soooo.... Jahlon has a guild of pirates and is telling them to spam the same question.
  • Options
    MikasaMikasa Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wow a lot of people have a guild full of pirates
  • Options
    Mikasa wrote: »

Yes! The sea will NOT be a safe place!
  • Options

I didnt know that there were several alliances worth of guilds for pirates. I guess that that destroys my plans to do any type of naval content.
  • Options
    Pirates will fail because they are trying to stick to the seas and I highly doubt you can gear yourself through pure sea content. Gotta dock eventually nerds and that's when we show you who's boss.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Pirates will fail because they are trying to stick to the seas and I highly doubt you can gear yourself through pure sea content. Gotta dock eventually nerds and that's when we show you who's boss.

Believing that a pirate guild would try to gear themselves through pure sea content is a foolish assumption, and you will get destroyed by a pirate guild :joy: no question about that lol
  • Options

Believing that a pirate guild would try to gear themselves through pure sea content is a foolish assumption, and you will get destroyed by a pirate guild :joy: no question about that lol

But then you aren't actually pirates, just a bunch of water logged bandits longing to be back home on land.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    But then you aren't actually pirates, just a bunch of water logged bandits longing to be back home on land.

Yeah but you left out the part where you get destroyed, not defending yourself after you get challenged?
    Weak. Definitely a forum warrior that likes to argue semantics but will get trampled over when the game launches. But here you are attacking pirate guilds lol. What guild are you from?
  • Options

Yeah but you left out the part where you get destroyed, not defending yourself after you get challenged?
    Weak. Definitely a forum warrior that likes to argue semantics but will get trampled over when the game launches. But here you are attacking pirate guilds lol. What guild are you from?

I came here to have fun whats with this srs business crap you are spewing all of a sudden? It was a joke implying that it's not an "actual" pirate guild since you will be spending most of your time gearing up on land to then go play around rping as "pirates".

The game is years from releasing and it's hilarious to me that people are creating guilds and trying to start grudges with each other so early on.

Chill out.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Definitely a forum warrior that likes to argue semantics
    That would be my role here, and I'd thank you for not attributing it to any other poster.

Also, at no point did Sathrago argue or attempt to argue semantics. The only way you could think this to be true is if you do not actually understand what the word semantics properly means - and this is a discussion I am more than willing to take up with you if you wish.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    RpzfiGP.png
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    That would be my role here, and I'd thank you for not attributing it to any other poster.

Also, at no point did Sathrago argue or attempt to argue semantics. The only way you could think this to be true is if you do not actually understand what the word semantics properly means - and this is a discussion I am more than willing to take up with you if you wish.

Lol and you also left out the rest of quote "but will get trampled over when the game launches".... Mr forum warrior.
  • Options

That's a lovely fantasy: That all your enemies will simply fail when you want them to
    3-Ragonrok.gif
  • Options

the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. There are a number of branches and subbranches of semantics, including formal semantics, which studies the logical aspects of meaning, such as sense, reference, implication, and logical form, lexical semantics, which studies word meanings and word relations, and conceptual semantics, which studies the cognitive structure of meaning.

the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text

Sathrago most definitely argued (or at very least implied) that Pirates just stick to water and only go on land to "gear". We'll own your land and water. Appreciate the tax money though ;)
  • Options
    ragonrok wrote: »

That's a lovely fantasy: That all your enemies will simply fail when you want them to

Realistically the sea content will not be as robust and all-encompassing as the land content for obvious reasons. I was making a jab at these "pirate" guilds as a joke because they are only really going to be role-playing as a pirate half the time and will most likely not be able to make a play-style out of it. Bandits and brigands will however have a much easier time accomplishing this playstyle and will never need to go to the ocean to progress themselves.

Also, I plan on playing a star-gazing orc caster so you bet your ass ill be sending "thoughts and prayers" to my would-be enemies as I will also be fishing quite a bit.
  • Options

Lol and you also left out the rest of quote "but will get trampled over when the game launches"....

Yes, because it was not relevant to what I had to say, as nothing said on the forums 2+ years away from the launch of the game will have any relation to what happens in game.

Basically, trying to predict what will happen in game now is folly, so I removed the part of your post where you made said folly.

You could have just gone with that, but instead you decided to further highlight your folly, and also completely refuse to address the point of the reply I made.
  • Options
    Preston wrote: »
    the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text
    This is indeed an easily searchable definition for semantics. I wonder if you fully understand it.
    Sathrago most definitely argued (or at very least implied) that Pirates just stick to water and only go on land to "gear".
    The argument that pirates will just stick to the water is not semantics at all.

However, if I said that pirates will not stick to the water because the water will roll off them (as water tends to do), we could then have a debate about the meaning of the words "stick to" in the context of the above statement.

This would be arguing semantics.

The closest thing in this discussion to arguing semantics (other than the example above) is the current discussion about the meaning of the word semantics, and how a bunch of you seem to not know what it actually means - and seem to want to incorrectly attribute it to all small arguments.

I have to say, if the people in this thread are the best example of pirates we will see in Ashes, the waters of Verra will be far safer than the land.
  • Options
    “The meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text” Pirate = A word. Am I correct?
  • Options
    Preston wrote: »
    “The meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text” Pirate = A word. Am I correct?

Yes, but no one is arguing the meaning of that word.
  • Options
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    As I said earlier, if this is the level of pirate we will see in Ashes, the oceans will be safe.

A small hint of competent adversary and they run away with tails between their legs.
  • Options
    BuffyBuffy Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As I said earlier, if this is the level of pirate we will see in Ashes, the oceans will be safe.

A small hint of competent adversary and they run away with tails between their legs.

Bold of you to assume that just because there is dedication to the roll as “Chad Pirates” in AoC, doesn’t mean the we can’t mop the deck with you in PvP. LMAO!

Black Sails Member!

Former WoW Player | 30Y | Female | PvP/Dungeon/Raid
  • Options
    Buffy wrote: »

Bold of you to assume that just because there is dedication to the roll as “Chad Pirates” in AoC, doesn’t mean the we can’t mop the deck with you in PvP. LMAO!
    As I said earlier in the thread.
    nothing said on the forums 2+ years away from the launch of the game will have any relation to what happens in game.
    That said, you deciding to jump in to the conversation without reading it is not really adding much in regards to concern about pirate effectiveness.

• Options
    BuffyBuffy Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2021
    B)
    Black Sails Member!

Former WoW Player | 30Y | Female | PvP/Dungeon/Raid
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Is Jahlon doing his Q&A spam thing again?
    Seems like there are a LOT of the same questions again...

I'm in Jahlon's discord. He has a list of questions for those that can't come up with a good one of their own (me included this time round - one of his questions was better than anything I could think of, so I reacted to it with "thumbs up" and used it).
    None of the 9 questions mention "pirate" or anything to do with Naval combat.
    Perhaps because it's pointless asking specific questions about systems that haven't been designed yet, but that's just my speculation.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Not if they have a ninja guild to take them down.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    RhuellRhuell Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm going to be a member of the sea monster guild: a group of reptilian leaning tulnar who spend their days lying in wait for sea faring fools. Ready to destroy their ship, loot the wreckage, and feast on their scurvy ridden flesh.