Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Just got fired, ready to test the game for next 6 months :)

AnubAnub Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
Hey!

As the title says, I lost my job (same company for 10 years!) and now I plan to take a 6 month vacation.

Would love to spend big portion of that time testing/QAing AOC - is there any chance a GM could pass a key to poor me please?:))

PM: hope this request wont get me banned from forums :D

Comments

• Options
    TheBlazedAceTheBlazedAce Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Anub wrote: »
    Hey!

As the title says, I lost my job (same company for 10 years!) and now I plan to take a 6 month vacation.

Would love to spend big portion of that time testing/QAing AOC - is there any chance a GM could pass a key to poor me?:))

Man, very sorry to hear that. That sucks but at least you get to take some much needed time off!

They sent out an email a few days ago saying that they’re gonna be opening up alpha one keys again, but you’ll have to pay for it. :(

Maybe start a kick starter for some extra funds? D:

♥ In The Name Of Venus, I'll Punish You! ♥

source.gif

https://instagram.com/theblazedace/
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Anub wrote: »
    Hey!

Would love to spend big portion of that time testing/QAing AOC - is there any chance a GM could pass a key to poor me please?:))

Don't be trying to cut the line bro! A lot of us on here have been waiting to buy into Alpha 1 for a few months now lol.

They should be selling access next month some time and it will be announced at the end of this month.

Losing your job always sucks at first but there is a blessing to every curse. Figure out your path (I would highly recommend not waiting 6 months to set up your career unless schooling is involved). Waiting that long before interviewing can definitely hurt your interview skills. Hopefully you have been saving for 10 years.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    How did you get fired and what kind of job?
  • Options
    AnubAnub Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2021
    Hey all,
    thanks for the support :)) - im good tho, got savings + social security (hence the 6 months "vacation").
    And not trying to "cut the line" (although it kinda sounds like it ) - really want to test and give feedback - spent 10 years on L2, and I feel the void in mmo (AA was really only good in alfa+4 months after release) - this could be the game we all will stick with for a decade, wanna help make it great

@George Black - dm
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    "Please give me free stuff, I'm a single mother, who lost their job and my child has cancer. Can you give me free stuff?"

Wtf is this? Facebook Marketplace now?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don`t know what industry your in nor what your planning to do after a break but what little wisdom I can pass on from own experience is:

a) ordinary positions come up often, good positions come up infrequently when there is a need by an employer which does always correlate to your own
    b) some positions can take weeks to months from first interview to actual starting and then returning an income
    c) unfortunately employers often look more favourably on candidates that are currently employed over those out of work for whatever reason
    d) employers often look favourably of people who are productive with their "in-between" times

So whilst a break might be what you are seeking, suggest plan to have a next step in advance and it is more likely to happen when you want it to.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi Anub.

Sorry to hear about you losing your job, that sucks. A lot of people are anxious to get their hands on the game to provide their feedback which is fantastic, but we have to be patient. That said, even if you aren't actively testing the game you can still provide feedback and contribute to the development of the game.

Games development is a slow process but we'll get there eventually :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think we may have a chance buy keys next month If I read the directors letter right. Considering you have the means to take a six month vacation, I would imagine that "poor you" has a little set aside for a key. That would be your best bet, but I don't think the servers are going to have consistent uptime.

I have noticed that this early on a lot of games will do alpha weekends? or a few days here and there with server downtime in between. I did play Darkfall:New Dawn for the entire alpha and beta, and loved every day of it, but a lot of times these games just don't keep the servers up for long periods of time. A whole six months of ashes playtime seems unrealistic is my point.

In any case when you can get in, I will be able to get in. I will see you on the battlefield.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    10 years? Nice work man.
    I hope all parties parted peacefully.
    Not that I'm interested.
    At all.
    giphy.gif

But no, it is good timing to become an A1 tester :)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You cannot fathom the amount of fucks I do not give
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options

They got fired from their job as a stripper cos they weren't fat enough. It was a very particular establishment that catered to very particular tastes.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

They got fired from their job as a stripper cos they weren't fat enough. It was a very particular establishment that catered to very particular tastes.

Also he wasn't willing to cut his belly open to appeal to the intestine fetish. XD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »

Also he wasn't willing to cut his belly open to appeal to the intestine fetish. XD

But he was able to turn it into a successful Onlyfans site with his tagline of "Did someone order loose sausage?"
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg