Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What a Graphics Upgrade

NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
So just saw the new post steven made on Twitter and all I can say is, WOW. I mean that is one hell of an upgrade from APOC

from this
AZvKIDZ.png

to this

tdvwWpx.png

Keep up the fantastic work intrepid
nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace

Comments

• Options
    Sweet mother Theresa on the hood of a Mercedes-benz!! Hadn't seen the post but now I'm even more hyped for this Friday!

Even the armor textures look to be proper 3D which is pretty crazy for an MMO.

Round of massive applause for the hard work being put on this game.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    I just cant get over the change
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited April 2021
    I feel you man! This looks like an actual person I might have met at some point.

The hair count on that model alone would put Final Fantasy The Spirit Within to shame.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    This is exciting knowing that they are trying to get better than BDO type customization going on... Thank you for the post.. this is awesome!
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Glorious.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    I love how they say "still far from complete" I cant wait to see the end result
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    super promising, armor looking cool too
    now i want to try to make a geralt of rivia-like character too
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing @Nagash.

Nice to see character creation getting a boost ... and they're not even done ...
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    szelesbt wrote: »
    super promising, armor looking cool too
    now i want to try to make a geralt of rivia-like character too

Toss a coin to intrepid a friend of MMOs :smiley:
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    So just saw the new post steven made on Twitter and all I can say is, WOW. I mean that is one hell of an upgrade from APOC

from this
    AZvKIDZ.png

to this

tdvwWpx.png

Keep up the fantastic work intrepid
    Oh! Someone had tagged me already on twitter when I followed the link!!

My suggestions:
    "I would like some characters that appear African and Asian... especially Empyrean (first). asap
    When we get to beards, I would love to see some with braids."
  • Options
    I feel like they are taking some inspiration from the Baldur's gate 3 character creation system and i am lovin it.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    I feel like they are taking some inspiration from the Baldur's gate 3 character creation system and i am lovin it.

YES! I know it looks familiar
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Dygz wrote: »

My suggestions:
    "I would like some characters that appear African and Asian... especially Empyrean (first). asap
    When we get to beards, I would love to see some with braids."

Yeah, I'm also looking forward to seeing the others. I mean Im playing a Vaelune so I want to see how Egyptian I can make my guy look (unless bones are an option)
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Fuck yes
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2021
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the BG3 character creator.
  • Options
    SaeduSaedu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nice!

Mohawks on all of the races please! :)
  • Options
    Saedu wrote: »
    Nice!

My guild mate asked for the same thing. He wants to play a slayer dwarf
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2021
    Well google immediately recognised the image as a "fictional character" and recommended similar images from game of thrones, skyrim, witcher, kingdom come: deliverance and Todd Howard
  • Options
    SaeduSaedu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nice!

Dwarf slayers are awesome! Too many games don't have enough Mohawk options!
  • Options
    Daedrik45Daedrik45 Member
    edited April 2021
    Wow this does look amazing!! Cant wait to see the updated elves. I know some people were saying they looked to similar to humans.
  • Options
    akabear wrote: »
    Well google immediately recognised the image as a "fictional character" and recommended similar images from game of thrones, skyrim, witcher, kingdom come: deliverance and Todd Howard

Hold on.... Todd Howard is a "fictional character"? That explains a lot.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Was an odd photoshopped image of Todd, half fake, half real. Interesting what google thought was similar!
  • Options
    HellfarHellfar Member
    edited April 2021
    This is exactly why I'm holding off building my new PC for another 2 years so that I get the highest frames possible on launch day. Still clinging onto my 2013 build until then.
  • Options
    Hellfar wrote: »
    This is exactly why I'm holding off building my new PC for another 2 years so that I get the highest frames possible on launch day. Still clinging onto my 2013 build until then.

Then I guess it hell that the the 3000 series is out of stock
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Ok, if humans are looking that good, I'll be bold and pick a Tulnar, because they will be amazing !
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    Percimes wrote: »
    Ok, if humans are looking that good, I'll be bold and pick a Tulnar, because they will be amazing !

You have unknowingly marked yourself for execution on sight, if the RP Tulnar hate on these forums is to be believed hahahaha.

But I agree, they'll probably look insanely good.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    I like! I this matte finish over the glossy one and the more subtle coloring scheme's. Keep it up! Much love ❤️
  • Options
    CakeBanditJrCakeBanditJr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This is beyond what I expected at this point in time to be honest! That is all..
  • Options
    Nice!

bruh the more "totally not a character from another game/pop-culture reference" customization options the better.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    knew i heard the sound of rattling bones!