Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Farewells for Jeff Bard leaving Intrepid Studios

As IS announced some 11h ago now, Jeff has departed to another company to follow a project he had lots of passion for, and surely a monetary offer he couldn't refuse.

Feel free to share your well wishes, and memories of Jeff on this thread.

For me the funniest thing will forever be the creepy Thomas the train engine staring into our souls during the live streams.
Sig-ult-2.png

Comments

• Options
    ThexBlackxKnightThexBlackxKnight Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Jeff was always fun on the streams , curious to see who Steven replaces him with.
  • Options
    Somewhat concerning... was there an official announcement anywhere?
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited May 2021
    Arkethos wrote: »
    Somewhat concerning... was there an official announcement anywhere?

Reddit and twitter and website

https://t.co/oOI9FxKsjv
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited May 2021
    Also here is what Steven had to say about it on reddit:

Hey everyone, just wanted to pop on and reiterate what was said in the article here.

Jeff will be missed, and while I’m sad to see a friend go, I will always encourage someone to follow their passion. Jeff was given an opportunity to lead a large project with Skydance entertainment, on a particular IP that had always been close to his heart, and was also in VR, another passion of his.

I know what it means to follow your passion... that’s how and why I started Intrepid, and began building Ashes. The team has grown considerably and will be growing to over 150 developers before the end of the year. And the team and I are grateful for the time and hard work Jeff put into Ashes. I know how hard it was for him to make this decision, and say goodbye to friends and family here. But ultimately I know what weighed most for him was knowing that the project is in a great place on the eve of our major Alpha One milestone and that we will carry forward with the amazing team of dedicated developers we’ve assembled.

I will be making an announcement in the near future about Jeff’s replacement, but for now I really want the focus to be on wishing him well and thanking him for the hard work he did on Ashes 👍

I know that Reddit has a reputation of going towards the negative. But at the end of the day, please try to remember we are real people behind a screen, working tirelessly to make a game in the genre we desperately love. And nothing will stop us from doing just that ;)
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 2021
    Thanks for working on a game that a lot of us have been waiting for. Have fun whatever you do
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This makes me sad. Good luck Jeff!
  • Options
    DiuraDiura Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/49809/a-message-to-the-community/p1

There is already a thread started by Margret x
    The announcement was made on the AoC Main site too under the News category!

Nonetheless... Gonna miss ya Jeffrey Bard!
    8st3lhnx21to.png
  • Options
    MarcetMarcet Member
    Jeff :'(
  • Options
    leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thanks for all your contribution and leadership. Without you there would not be an Ashes as there is today. Thanks you!