Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Jeffrey Bard leaving...

MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Thank you for everything. You did an amazing job. I wish you all the best for your future. See you ingame!

Comments

• Options
    ZericZeric Member
    As someone who only pops in and only pays attention to occasional attention to the Dev questions; who is Jeffrey Bard and what did he do for AoC?
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Options
    MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Zeric wrote: »
    As someone who only pops in and only pays attention to occasional attention to the Dev questions; who is Jeffrey Bard and what did he do for AoC?

Lead developer, bascially made stevens ideas come to life!
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

In the most recent stream Steven said he was originally a quest writer, branched into other areas of AoC's team and found himself in leadership. He was one of the 3 regular faces to greet us in their monthly update streams (4 if you include Thomas)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    neuroguyneuroguy Member
    edited June 2021

He was very important to the game, they named a whole archetype after him. His departure is a big problem because it will be very difficult to find someone else with similar qualifications to hire who's last name matches any of the archetypes. It's about branding.
  • Options
    ThexBlackxKnightThexBlackxKnight Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If they find a new guy , his last name should be Tank.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    maouw wrote: »

In the most recent stream Steven said he was originally a quest writer, branched into other areas of AoC's team and found himself in leadership. He was one of the 3 regular faces to greet us in their monthly update streams (4 if you include Thomas)

That is kind of interesting - because Jeff was the lead developer for the entire time I have been following this game. The fact that he was the lead developer and I am very familiar with his previous work was the thing that caught my eye about this game in the first place.

So, if he was bought on as a quest writer and moved up from there, that must have all happened by the end of the kickstarter campaign - as that is when he was listed as being the lead game developer.

I haven't seen the live stream at all, but I am wondering if Steven meant that Jeff was a quest writer for the EQ franchise and branched out from there, then left that company and moved to Intrepid - that would make more sense.