Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cosmetic Skin Plushies

DiuraDiura Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
image0.jpg
image0-1.jpg?width=1191&height=670
image0-3.jpg

Steven shared these today on discord as items that could be available on the merchandise store once its back up in fall/winter.

How do you feel that cosmetic armour skins have been made into plushies?
Even though the plushies are cute I'm not sure I like the idea of cosmetic skins being made into plushies? Unless they have a deeper lore connection in Verra that we don't know about o.o (Third image is in-game armour mind ^^)

Maybe I'm alone on that boat?
What do you all think?
8st3lhnx21to.png

Comments

• Options
    CambiguousCambiguous Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2021
    Its just some fun merch for people who are interested in the game.

PerfectEnormousBlackwidowspider-size_restricted.gif
    https://gfycat.com/@Cambiguous
    Someone you otter know.
  • Options
    WuqingYeWuqingYe Member
    edited June 2021
    I love the idea for us, the community, to help support the development of the game by buying things other than in-game cosmetics :) However, I personally don't like cosmetic skins being made into merchandise. Seems to fit more of a niche group who'd actually buy these versus, say, having items made from a more universal game-related concept (like a mini plush Verra gateway!). I also think it would make more sense as a company to invest their money in making AoC wearables or decal/stickers (i.e. just something everyone could throw their money at). Cosmetic plushes are like selling the in-game version as not everyone will like them vs more people would like, say, wearables; maybe just incorporate the more niche stuff later on. Just my two cents! If you like the comsetic plushes I'm happy for you! I just hope the sales go well.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No harm in it.
  • Options
    I do wanna add in a separate thought that there's a potential plus to buying these (if they go through with the decision) ... if the game gets super popular these could become limited edition, branded merchandise and go for a lot of money later on (if you're big on collecting)!
  • Options
    DiuraDiura Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    WuqingYe wrote: »
    I love the idea for us, the community, to help support the development of the game by buying things other than in-game cosmetics :) However, I personally don't like cosmetic skins being made into merchandise. Seems to fit more of a niche group who'd actually buy these versus, say, having items made from a more universal game-related concept (like a mini plush Verra gateway!). I also think it would make more sense as a company to invest their money in making AoC wearables or decal/stickers (i.e. just something everyone could throw their money at). Cosmetic plushes are like selling the in-game version as not everyone will like them vs more people would like more generic AoC stuff (like wearables) and just incorporate the more niche stuff later on. Just my two cents! If you like the comsetic plushes I'm happy for you! I just hope the sales go well.

Yeah I can understand this ^^ If it were a book of concept art it would be more my cup of tea ^^ I like the idea of Gateways being made into some type of merchandise~
    I can imagine people wanting to collect these plushies and would have a "pop toy" display wall~ ^^ Hope it does well too~
    8st3lhnx21to.png
  • Options
    Diura wrote: »
    WuqingYe wrote: »
    I love the idea for us, the community, to help support the development of the game by buying things other than in-game cosmetics :) However, I personally don't like cosmetic skins being made into merchandise. Seems to fit more of a niche group who'd actually buy these versus, say, having items made from a more universal game-related concept (like a mini plush Verra gateway!). I also think it would make more sense as a company to invest their money in making AoC wearables or decal/stickers (i.e. just something everyone could throw their money at). Cosmetic plushes are like selling the in-game version as not everyone will like them vs more people would like more generic AoC stuff (like wearables) and just incorporate the more niche stuff later on. Just my two cents! If you like the comsetic plushes I'm happy for you! I just hope the sales go well.

Yeah I can understand this ^^ If it were a book of concept art it would be more my cup of tea ^^ I like the idea of Gateways being made into some type of merchandise~
    I can imagine people wanting to collect these plushies and would have a "pop toy" display wall~ ^^ Hope it does well too~

Yes! And I was reading through a bunch of the Twitter comments and there are plenty of people who'd be more interested in merchandise with AoC logo and stuff ... sounds kinda bad but sometimes more "generic" stuff just sells better because it appeals to more people. Then again, I also know that if one of my niche items got made I'd be like YOLO SUCKAS haha so I can't complain too much lol! I'd personally love to see an item of the Luminous Starcrawler ;D
  • Options
    Spontancous6Spontancous6 Member
    edited June 2021
    Considering that variants of cosmetics will be worn by NPCs, I don't really mind.
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Plushies of this sort work nice as collectibles. Would sell like hotcakes so I think that's a great way for extra bucks while also giving some nice stuff to collectors
  • Options
    ThexBlackxKnightThexBlackxKnight Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Its plushies of armor cosmetics , wonder if there is any lore characters they can sell , something to hook people to the story of Verra.
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm all for it! Just...these are...none of the cutesy ones....so scary looking >:)

But I would hope they wouldn't make them limited edition or anything like that. Having a sale cycle is one thing, but even more limited edition stuff would be...unpleasant.

I do really want the funny little mug though. Would make mornings so much more cheerful
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @StevenSharif or @LieutenantToast or whoever from IS reads this, please have an EU outlet for these.

I am loving the look, and may well buy some, but getting them from the US is a lot more expensive and can be a real hassle. Not only do we pay the VAT, we often have to pay import fees on top of that, and then there's the whole shipping thing and the time and cost of that. It's a real PITA sometimes.

I can absolutely guarantee you will sell more in Europe if we can purchase from an EU country. If you are already planning this, amazing, and if not, please seriously look into it. :)
  • Options
    ZeshioZeshio Member
    Someone was just complaining last week on the forums that AoC needed merch. I'm sure everyone has their own opinion, but if some folks want merch might as well give it to them. The fact is that there are a variety of staff on AoC, including marketing folks, and if they spend some of their free time scoping out merch and getting samples I think there's nothing wrong with that.

I know some folks want to see some more lore to help ground the game and give folks more context before doing certain merch, and hopefully we'll see more story/famous NPC content soon to help with that.
  • Options
    If enough people buy them that they make back their costs, then it's a good idea. Simple as that.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Stuffed snail mount?

Not for me... I think my cat would like it...
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Stuffed snail mount?

Not for me...

giphy.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2021
    I would buy the hell out of a Snorse.

It would be my Tinder profile pic, ensuring me only getting quality swipes.