Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Frognar Discussion

FrogFrog Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
What is Frognar? Frognar is just Tulnar but you would have the option to make your character look like a frog/toad humanoid. It would have the same racial stats as a Tulnar and everything. In short Frognar is just a customization option for Tulnar.

Why Frognar? Because a lot of people in the ashes of creation wanted Frognar into the game. And that's simply because everyone has a different fantasy of what they want to be in ashes of creation, some want to be dwarves,elves,cat girls etc. A good amount of people want to be a Frog Humanoid in ashes of creation and that's why I think it should be added into the game. Because the demand for it is there. Another reason would be because no MMORPG has a option to be a Frog Humanoid. This will help ashes stand apart, while it is a small thing this will be big because you are giving the players so much freedom to live out their fantasy as Frognar. Like I said before there is no other MMORPG that lets you be a Frog Humanoid, so all these mmorpg fans who wanted this will flock over to ashes maybe just to try it out because you can be a humanoid frog. And then they stay because it will be such a good game.

The Fantasy of Frognar. The Fantasy for most Frognar players would be living in the under realm by a lake in there. And when ashes comes out all the Tulnar are rushing out of the under realm to explore the world, and so will Frognar. You go out and explore, but you still live around a node by the lake. Or a freehold in the swamp, you just love such areas because you like to eat the insects there and fish. And ocasionally eat your fellow frognar because only the strongest frog can survive. And with this mindset, you venture even further than your lake, you want to be the strongest frog and you cna only achieve that by adventuring forth. Maybe even one day run a inn as a Frognar, sell frognar leg soup. You'll be known as the frog that owns his/her own inn! frognoracist.jpg

This is only my fantasy but many other Frognar players have other fantasys they want to live out in the amazing ashes of creation world.

What Frog would Frognar be modeled after? Well Obviously depending on how much work they put into the Frognar options it could very well be multiple. But what most Frognar players imagine it being modeled after, it would be the african bullfrog or tree frog. These beings have the face of a frognar and the thrive of a frognar (see picture below) I would dimagine we would have the face of the african bullfrog, the legs too. Not too sure on how they would put in arms tho. I'll post 3 pictures so you can see the OG African Bullfrog annd OG tree frog and then what a possible concept could be. (not my art)

Tree Frog: GettyImages-175174320-581251b65f9b58564ccaffe2.jpg

African BullFrog: download_18.jpg

Possible concept art (Not my art): https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/humanoid-frog-001-9614cb5c03d449eba769df774ed26770


Comments

  • I cant say much aside from that i completly agree with the idea B)
  • REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !
  • I am convinced that Pepe Frognar will become a meme and infest the whole realm of Verra.
    Sadly, variety is the spice of life.
  • EloElo Member
    I like frogs. two thumbs up
  • ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm pretty sure tulnar don't have amphibians as an option, based on the info we got so far 😂
  • FrogFrog Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    runestone wrote: »
    I am convinced that Pepe Frognar will become a meme and infest the whole realm of Verra.
    Sadly, variety is the spice of life.

    no its not a meme, people generally want to live out this fantasy
  • FrogFrog Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Conrad wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure tulnar don't have amphibians as an option, based on the info we got so far 😂

    they didnt say no amphibians, and they didnt say yes to it. thats why i mm aking this post, to try and hope that they do
  • ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    kelthuzad wrote: »
    Conrad wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure tulnar don't have amphibians as an option, based on the info we got so far 😂

    they didnt say no amphibians, and they didnt say yes to it. thats why i mm aking this post, to try and hope that they do

    Adding amphibians would delay tulnar even further and complicate the racial sliders even further, so sorry but I disagree
  • 2DOLKI2DOLKI Member
    kelthuzad wrote: »
    What is Frognar? Frognar is just Tulnar but you would have the option to make your character look like a frog/toad humanoid. It would have the same racial stats as a Tulnar and everything. In short Frognar is just a customization option for Tulnar.

    Why Frognar? Because a lot of people in the ashes of creation wanted Frognar into the game. And that's simply because everyone has a different fantasy of what they want to be in ashes of creation, some want to be dwarves,elves,cat girls etc. A good amount of people want to be a Frog Humanoid in ashes of creation and that's why I think it should be added into the game. Because the demand for it is there. Another reason would be because no MMORPG has a option to be a Frog Humanoid. This will help ashes stand apart, while it is a small thing this will be big because you are giving the players so much freedom to live out their fantasy as Frognar. Like I said before there is no other MMORPG that lets you be a Frog Humanoid, so all these mmorpg fans who wanted this will flock over to ashes maybe just to try it out because you can be a humanoid frog. And then they stay because it will be such a good games.

    Goongans from the star warriors as a prototype would be quite suitable. well, yes, but they are ideal for this role. In addition, I would suggest introducing once there are seas and underwater content, besides the race is suitable for this there is it could be divided by 2 like all others.I ask those who have read it and who also liked this idea to support it !!!
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I sat down in a decent restaurant. When the waitress came over, I asked if she had frog legs and she said 'yes.' So I asked her to hop back to the kitchen and get me a cup of coffee.
  • Only if I get to name their homeland Kekistan.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I support you, even though I have me doubts.
  • ZeshioZeshio Member
    kelthuzad wrote: »

    Why Frognar? Because a lot of people in the ashes of creation wanted Frognar into the game.

    First time I'm hearing of it. I've seen much more interest for lizard/draconid in previous forum threads.

  • ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Zeshio wrote: »
    kelthuzad wrote: »

    Why Frognar? Because a lot of people in the ashes of creation wanted Frognar into the game.

    First time I'm hearing of it. I've seen much more interest for lizard/draconid in previous forum threads.

    Also this ^

    Most ppl probably consider Frog races nothing more than a meme, compared to lizard and draconic humanoid races.
    And for a good reason. Both are 99% of the time way cooler.

    And I seriously hope Intrepid doesn't make any meme races. That's just a waste of time lol
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    What a joke
  • So an in-game Pepe? I like.
  • GrihmGrihm Member
    If it´s an amphibian with lore, fitting story and design fitting the world, i see no problems.
    Making the character design however...depends on a lot. I could see something like these possibly... but when looking for reasonable designs, much else just feel comedic or off.

    jose-parodi-pzo90116-lichen-leshy.jpg?1508993452

    w-h-screenshot002.jpg?1514706902
  • MerekMerek Member
    Yet more filth needing to be disposed of...
  • FrogFrog Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Conrad wrote: »
    Zeshio wrote: »
    kelthuzad wrote: »

    Why Frognar? Because a lot of people in the ashes of creation wanted Frognar into the game.

    First time I'm hearing of it. I've seen much more interest for lizard/draconid in previous forum threads.

    Also this ^

    Most ppl probably consider Frog races nothing more than a meme, compared to lizard and draconic humanoid races.
    And for a good reason. Both are 99% of the time way cooler.

    And I seriously hope Intrepid doesn't make any meme races. That's just a waste of time lol

    not a meme racep eople genuially want it, its discussed on the discord quite often.
  • kelthuzad wrote: »
    Conrad wrote: »
    Zeshio wrote: »
    kelthuzad wrote: »

    Why Frognar? Because a lot of people in the ashes of creation wanted Frognar into the game.

    First time I'm hearing of it. I've seen much more interest for lizard/draconid in previous forum threads.

    Also this ^

    Most ppl probably consider Frog races nothing more than a meme, compared to lizard and draconic humanoid races.
    And for a good reason. Both are 99% of the time way cooler.

    And I seriously hope Intrepid doesn't make any meme races. That's just a waste of time lol

    not a meme racep eople genuially want it, its discussed on the discord quite often.

    i have found that the community that uses discord and the one on the forums want vastly different things.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm all for it!

    The more gross, dirty Under-Realm dwellers there are, the more that there are to KILL!



  • AroxArox Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I never played it, but LazyPeon had a video a couple months back where he was playing the Frogloc race in Everquest 2.

  • AeriusAerius Member
    It would be fun and amusing, but I don't see it happening unfortunately. With the rightful aversion to scope creep and the probable difficulty of conforming armour to the model, this either won't happen or would be reserved for a future expansion.

    I'd support the latter option.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2021
    Frog heads aren't necessarily scope creep.
    We haven't seen new Tulnar concept art in 3+ years.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2021
    ... I'm against this... I dunno, I don't want to see Pepe everywhere.

    BUT

    if they do it, I want:
    • PepeLaugh
    • MonkaS
    • FeelsBadMan/FeelsGoodMan
    • POGGERS

    but again - it's always a bad idea to canonize memes.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
Sign In or Register to comment.