Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fighter Design Requests (from my group)

AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
So I want to make the 'third in my compilation series' tomorrow, but I realized that if I make that post before I make the most about my own suggestions, and the wishes of my group, that it won't be possible to properly compare it for bias.

So I'm throwing out this one a day in advance, since it's shorter and doesn't involve the research or data collection.

My group has two people interested in playing Fighter, and I have a bunch of design considerations based on what is lacking, both in terms of what the game needs for them to have a good spot in group PvP and in terms of how to get something they can enjoy without being overpowered (if anything, this concept of 'what is overpowered or not' is where bias is likely to get in).

Ability List Requests:

"Grand Swing" - A wide arcing attack that knocks all enemies back and away. Preferably 360 degrees to properly scatter people. For balance, they recover faster than the Fighter.
"Giant Crash" - A leap that closes the gap and slams down. Jumps high enough to go over small obstacles and other players, to help them close even through a wall of bodies and get behind enemy lines.
"Somersault Strike" - A backflip that hits in front, goes highish backward, then slams back down and hits in a small cone in front. Edge of cone is just far enough that this is a two hit combo on someone directly in front of them at the time it is done. This is for repositioning and dealing with people behind them.
"Push Beyond" - Sacrifice HP to increase attack. Doesn't matter if this is a oneshot or a per-swing or a 'give up this much health for this length of buff' but the latter two work better with Augments.
"Flying Dropkick" - Frontal attack, single target, sends opponent flying away a relatively good distance. Maybe extra damage if they collide with something behind them.
"Suplex - Close range frontal grapple style attack, single target. Bodyslams the opponent behind the Fighter (this is both for utility and balance reasons, it's preferable if this has a short CC stun)
"Let's Rumble" (this really should be just called Onslaught but that got put on Tank?) - basically the Onslaught from Tank. Hits multiple times if you line up perfectly and the opponent can be pinned against a wall or tree or something.
"Man At Arms" - Increases any stat modifiers on your next Weapon Skill and/or increases the chance of procs from your Weapon Perks(?)
"Trail Run" - Basically just a free armored sprint forward, maybe can do other moves from it (does this count as an Animation Cancel?). Causes the Fighter to Vault over certain small obstacles?
"Weapon Stance" - Does different things depending on the equipped main weapon, usually increases Counter or Parry chance or something. Probably limits movement. For bows and wands, maybe Accuracy or Damage up (if you don't want your Fighter to be able to use all these glorious abilities with a wand, shame on you and your narrow-minded cultural preconceptions)
"Off Steam" - Long cooldown 'burn mana to regenerate health'. Not vital, just 'prevents Fighters from always needing a Cleric and might make fights more interesting, especially if usable when prone.
"Reverse Impact" - Straight up counter some big move (take less damage?). Could automatically do one of the Fighter's other moves based on enemy distance or last move used... whatever works.

This post is just reference so people can doublecheck my biases relative to the next Compilation I may do tomorrow or Monday, so that's all.
Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

Comments

• Options
    GrihmGrihm Member
    What do you mean with " your group only "?
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ah, I just noticed what leaving out the 'from' could make this look like. Fixed.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    GrihmGrihm Member
    Azherae wrote: »
    Ah, I just noticed what leaving out the 'from' could make this look like. Fixed.

Ah.. I thought you actually was suggestion a game design for your group alone.