Suggestion: Allow coastline Freeholds to build a 'dock' for constructing/repairing 'small' ships

TalthosTalthos Member
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
Nodes get the big ports and harbors, and that's fine and dandy.

But surely, it wouldn't be unreasonable to allow a Freehold to have a small dock, which would allow the building and upgrading 'small' class ships?

After all, a coastline Freehold could pass itself off as 'a humble fishing village', or something to that effect.

Good idea?

Comments

• You can launch small ships from anywhere on the coastline. I believe Intrepid said that you will be able to launch BIG ships from a coastline Node when it reaches a certain level (not sure which level).
  • TalthosTalthos Member
    edited July 2021
    McShave wrote: »
    You can launch small ships from anywhere on the coastline. I believe Intrepid said that you will be able to launch BIG ships from a coastline Node when it reaches a certain level (not sure which level).

Yeah, I was told about that on the Discord server, after I initially made this post. Made some edits to reflect the new info.

Regardless, a Freehold-based dock for simply constructing and/or repairing 'small' class ships is still feasible, yes?
  • Talthos wrote: »
    Regardless, a Freehold-based dock for simply constructing and/or repairing 'small' class ships is still feasible, yes?

Oh for sure. Faster construction time, higher quality materials, all sorts of things probably. If you want the sea-faring way of life, that would be the place to be 👍