Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

OCE player reporting NA ping

Uncommon SenseUncommon Sense Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
As an Aussie alpha tester i have kept my playtime fairly sparse

I will say that I am very happy for Intrepid that they used the testing information and managed to iron out the majority of back end network kinks prior to the Visual NDA Alpha test...

The rubber banding here in Emu land during that time was unplayable.

The last 3 days testing I will report that the frame rate has been reasonably smooth and the input latency has been responsive. I am familiar with 150-250 ping player other MMOs with NA/EU servers. If this has been the case with current tests I can say the overall experience has been acceptable...no jutters, lurching or lack of input detection. (this is not rubberbanding) but general input latency which has a tolerable threshold of play....that threshold was not crossed.

I am not sure what to expect from dedicated OCE servers but given what Ive experienced I anticipate good things

However The rest of game will hopefully get a content oomph...

I just watched the Kira test review and concur with pretty much everything he has said.

That is my current test feedback I do not feel compelled to keep testing in it's current game state.

Peace...

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    150-250?
    Still better than eso
  • Options
    I quit eso after my first month after launch so don't recall how the ping was. But it feels about as if not better than gw2 currently plays as far as input latency feels.
  • Options
    I believe they talked about making a server in Sydney my friend :)

The game will get a content 'oomph'
    Alpha 1 is a backend test, or to make it easier to understand, a stress-test to see how the server performs etc. + bug-testing for any foundational bugs.

Alpha 2 will be a content test, if you want to test out CONTENT, sign up for Alpha 2 if you want to do so. I Believe Alpha 2 wont be happening in 2021 anymore though.

<3
  • Options
    Jxshuwu wrote: »

Alpha 1 is a backend test, or to make it easier to understand, a stress-test to see how the server performs etc. + bug-testing for any foundational bugs.

Alpha 2 will be a content test, if you want to test out CONTENT, sign up for Alpha 2 if you want to do so. I Believe Alpha 2 wont be happening in 2021 anymore though.

<3

Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One...way ahead of you
  • Options
    Jxshuwu wrote: »

<3

Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One...way ahead of you

lol i thought you asked about it, mb, just trying to be helpful.
  • Options
    MerekMerek Member
    150-250 is about what you'd expect from NA servers, but if I were you I'd avoid the OCE servers altogether. They're always the first to die in MMO's, no point getting invested.
  • Options
    I backed the game under the KS promise of OCE servers.
    I will not be avoiding it. Had enough of a 150-250ping mmo handicap.
    Not a healthy mindset to pessimistically write off opportunities in a capitulated herd like manner.

If the game is solid enough I have enough faith in the OCE community to keep a server populated.

I do not want to feel forced onto an NA/EU server outside their peak times...witch feels dead anyway while also not having the same cultural/societal talking points that makes a community gel and grow.