Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ideas for Glorious Mounts and Creatures

Comments

• Options
    Spider mount would be wicked. Would have to have 2 types, tho. The tarantula hairy lookin one and the spindly-legged black widow/red back lookin one.

Or a single spider mount, and have it be a hybrid between tarantula and widow. Perhaps wifow shaped, except slightly bulkier and hairy like a tarantula.

Holy F, I want a spider mount so bad now. 😯
    sJ4g8FI.png
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Kovrm wrote: »
    Spider mount would be wicked. Would have to have 2 types, tho. The tarantula hairy lookin one and the spindly-legged black widow/red back lookin one.

Or a single spider mount, and have it be a hybrid between tarantula and widow. Perhaps wifow shaped, except slightly bulkier and hairy like a tarantula.

Holy F, I want a spider mount so bad now. 😯

Maybe a cash shop version with a bowtie and top hat yeah.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    I want to summon Nagash, who then resurrects my undead saber tooth tiger faster than rez’ing a tank-related thread.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    KovrmKovrm Member
    edited February 2022
    JustVine wrote: »

Nah. That's dumb. Would definitely have to be creepy and menacing looking. To the point you can't tell if it's even semi-sentient or not while it stares ominously at you with glassy, seemingly vacant eyes, not moving a muscle. It should have 0 animation except when moving. Maybe an emote that sways slowly, while it fidgets quickly with its pedipalps and "drools" from it's mandibles.
    sJ4g8FI.png
  • Options
    Tarantula-esque mount, with a web spinning ability that let's you drop into caves/trenches/large drops. And maybe a gliding spider with a cute web parachute.

That would be cool. I remember having a Dwarven Spider in ESO, and that was always fun to use.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Kovrm wrote: »

Nah. That's dumb. Would definitely have to be creepy and menacing looking. To the point you can't tell if it's even semi-sentient or not while it stares ominously at you with glassy, seemingly vacant eyes, not moving a muscle. It should have 0 animation except when moving. Maybe an emote that sways slowly, while it fidgets quickly with its pedipalps and "drools" from it's mandibles.

That's what the noncash shop one is for. Serious spider should be free, cute chad that is mildly immersion breaking should be cash shop. You leave my douglas alone!

• Options
    Oohh i have alot of ideas for mounts! I will spam them down here xD

mountss.jpg

mountss_two.jpg

mounts_treee.jpg

reptile_Ashes.jpg

Water Mounts

Water_Ashes.jpg

My favorite animal are horses and i hope there will be size diversity among them :p From large breed horses
    with big hooves and hair around the horse's feet, to slender horse breeds like the Arabian horse.
    Would also be nice to have diversity on the horses mane and tail, from super long to short.

Horses_Ashes.jpg

Sence i like horses i found something intresting on google, a hybrid between a horse and a raptor. Fits well for the Animal husbandry. :P

Raptor_horse.jpg

• Options
    A giant muscular moose!
  • Options
    Skyri02 wrote: »
    Oohh i have alot of ideas for mounts! I will spam them down here xD

I like some of the ideas here and I know the collage took you effort, but it's so overwhelming it's hard to comment. Might have been better as separate posts per category.

I dislike horses so I am pretty biased against bipedal horses. They hit uncanny valley hard and fast.

Some of the mooses you have would probably fit @Mardagen desire.

I think more of these suit actual bosses than mounts, like the chimera.

The elephant you posted reminded me that I'd love to see a truly new take on 'mount with a dexterous trunk.' The snail with legs intrepid created made me think there might be a surprising unique way to do this. Like a terrestrial octopus with a tentacle trunk or something.

• Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2022
    wso0dinohden.png
    A nice little mount that can get up and move and glide when he wants too. =) It's from my own ttrpg. It's called a Trelmak. This was done by Magic the Gathering famed artist, Mark Tedin for us. Just thought something like this fits within the Vera landscape or something similar.
  • Options
    SimurghSimurgh Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    Balrog21 wrote: »
    wso0dinohden.png
    A nice little mount that can get up and move and glide when he wants too. =) It's from my own ttrpg. It's called a Trelmak. This was done by Magic the Gathering famed artist, Mark Tedin for us. Just thought something like this fits within the Vera landscape or something similar.

Very cool!
    kQcyFmb.jpg
    Keep Up-To-Date with Ashes of Creation on AshesHQ - Join the community around Ashes HQ, Ashes Pathfinders, & KOTP on Discord
  • Options
    XenraXenra Member
    nkqfmqC.png

Something like this would be lovely. A fitting mount for a summoner of death.
  • Options
    Goats.

I love simple mounts.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Great ideas in here, everyone :)

What creature-combos can you think of, as well? Think 2-3 creatures mashed into one!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Vaknar wrote: »

What creature-combos can you think of, as well? Think 2-3 creatures mashed into one!

Is this, Mendelian Genetics.... butterfly.meme

Dibs on the mimic x elephant hybrid that is basically just a walking treasure chest with elephant ears, and a mimic's long gangly arm and hand for a trunk. Let's go with crab legs since it's a sideways moving mimic chest. So yeah. I don't think you can get any more bizarre and yet perfectly synergistic than this. Change my mind. I call it the 7 ton mimic.

Hippo x Mimic would be a good front facing mimic chimera. Just a hippo with a mimic for a head, complete with teeth and arms. It's a bit more simple than the 7 ton mimic but I'm just thinking outside of the box here.

• Options
    XenraXenra Member

Multiheaded hydra, giant snake, and an armored creature turtle/armadillo. A well protected multiheaded serpent. If I can't breed undead beasties then I need snake nightmare fuel.
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    Just give me a horse that looks like a horse and not some cross between a horse and whatever else the artist remembers from childhood...
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited March 2022

An 8-legged Anteater, with a spider's mandible on the end of its snout, and huge anteater-claws on each of its 8 legs!

giphy.gif
  • Options
    I'd like mounts that you don't ride on top of but they either form around you and you are inside or they transform you. Or a trinket kind of object perhaps ancient, technological or religious which adds something onto your body - wings or something you attach to your boots and they become like rocket boots or just get blessed by some deity/demon/angel/spirit of speed and only your legs morph into what the diety of speed's physical form would be like different legs that are better for running.
    Stuff like this.
  • Options
    Birthday wrote: »
    I'd like mounts that you don't ride on top of but they either form around you and you are inside or they transform you. Or a trinket kind of object perhaps ancient, technological or religious which adds something onto your body - wings or something you attach to your boots and they become like rocket boots or just get blessed by some deity/demon/angel/spirit of speed and only your legs morph into what the diety of speed's physical form would be like different legs that are better for running.
    Stuff like this.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited March 2022
    uebdzmjxdzxp.png

I kinda wanna see more fox mount variety, i realy want a white one with red tips/features.

also wouldnt mind seeing a arcane wolf, so like magical wolf with runes etched into its body

kxceka13yc9i.png

Owlbear
    5fqz9n6c596d.png

• Options
    XenraXenra Member
    Birthday wrote: »
    Stuff like this.

Could be interesting to have a mount more like a stegosaurus like creature where you could have a saddle on one side and a supply bag on the other to balance the weight. Definitely something more unique and interesting. Or say some form of creature where you are in a side car or sled that can be pulled by a pair of mounts such as wolves or something.
  • Options
    TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

It took me a while, but I think that I've come up with a pretty bizzare and interesting concept for a creature.

Creature Description:
    It would be a combination of Shark, Octopus, and Isopod!

I think it should have:
    - The Maw and Speed of a Shark
    - The Tentacles and potentially even the Camouflage Ability of an Octopus
    - The Chitin Armor Plates of an Isopod
    - Several Eyes to give you that maximum amount of discomfort when it stares directly at you

Origin and Behavior:
    I believe this creature's origin is far from entirely natural.
    It likely violently adapted and evolved after being bombarded by corruption during the Fall of Verra.
    It would be Uncannily Intelligent, and it would prefer to attack those who are alone, injured, or particuarly intelligent like Mages.

Alternatively, it could have been bred by the Ancients for War.

This nightmarish creature could be an Ambush Predator.
    It might prefer to observe, stalk, and surprise single individuals, and maybe even wait until they start a fight against something else, before it would try to overwhelming and consuming their unsuspecting prey by grabbing them with its tentacles and then violently chomping down on them, tearing them to shreds with its sharp teeth.
    And its chitin armor plates might make it resilient to certain types of damage.

Potential Name:
    I believe that this creature should have an eldritch-esque name like "Zhal'Qorak", I think that fits.
    Alternatively, just name it after me. I'd be happy with that too. :D

What do you think?
  • Options
    Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited November 2023
    I need a giant yeti

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/7/71/200px-Ff6umaroart.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120724221903

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/29/Yeti-ffvi-ios.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/360?cb=20140714191101

I would also like to ride on the shoulder of a giant of some kind

This could be

- a basic giant like Tumoc or something
    - giant rock golem
    - etc.

As far as creature combos go

A giant + anything else lol
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    One word:

Capybara.

0e463435zky1.jpg
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

How about a rainbow feathered mount like a lorikeet but it's got crystalline dragonfly wings with the body of a wombat.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    @Ace1234

I came here to say this. I would love a humanoid mount were you get to ride on the shoulder(s) of a large ogre or giant type creature. Most mounts seem to be 4 or more legs and you dont see a humanoid mount very often in games. I really hope they make something like this.

jy4xvs8ppxfu.png
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bonestacks wrote: »
    @Ace1234

I came here to say this. I would love a humanoid mount were you get to ride on the shoulder(s) of a large ogre or giant type creature. Most mounts seem to be 4 or more legs and you dont see a humanoid mount very often in games. I really hope they make something like this.

jy4xvs8ppxfu.png

that boulder hammer looks too difficult to balance :P
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    @Bonestacks

Heck yeah, the ogre looks awesome
  • Options
    angelicshiyaangelicshiya Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would love to see a Fire-Centipede. I think the walk/run animations would feel soooooo good and look really interesting.

l1ukjz9stcd8.png
    ealienpz6rmc.png